First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Ordered 4S Cross Turismo early May 2021. Was delayed numerous times and got stuck in the San Diego port for awhile. Took delivery at the Porsche Delivery Center, in Los Angeles, two weeks ago. Great experience, highly recommend if possible. The PEC stated this was the very first CT to hit the Southern California market and they all went out to see the truck unload so they could finally see one. The professional driver that has you follow him around the track in a Taycan 4S Sedan was awesome. Told me to stay on his tail on the track, and it was amazing how the 4S sedan performed. He spent two hours with me since they weren't booked that day and it was a blast on the many features. After the driving experience they provide a great lunch overlooking the track from the second floor. When lunch is over, with you and your guest, they come to get you for the unveiling and training. In great German style, they pay attention to the most minor details that make for such a memorable experience. The $500 was a well spent delivery option.

Went with 21" wheels and didn't realize they had 305's on the rear & 265's upfront. Goodyear F1's. Not as noisy as I would have expected and very happy with the wheels and tires. Lot of options and very happy with choices. Haven't taken any photos of interior yet. Has rear axle steering, Porsche Surface Coated brake upgrade, Heads up Display, Premium package and seat and leather upgrades. So happy as a first time Porsche owner to have ordered the Sport Chrono package. That knob on the steering wheel makes all the difference to select modes while driving. The Porsche Electric Sport Sound is definitely cool in the Sport Plus mode. Added some black on body in a variety of places since the Neptune Blue looks great with black accents.

Only issue is there are software bugs. Have been back to the dealership and they said they are not surprised, since it took some time to work through most on the early sedan bugs. The latest iPhone upgrade to IOS 15.0.02 solved not connecting to Car Play occasionally and also no longer dropping Car Play. Dropped home link program once, comes up losing ability to get to Sirius music and other stored favorites. Once came up only allowing me to continue as a guest. And a couple of times having dialog boxes asking questions to be answered when attempting to pull away.

All in all very impressed by design, handling is amazing, and fast as the wind! I can easily put up with some bugs, given it is the first in my area. Would do this again in a New York minute.

Wrote a lot, but being first time Porsche owner and the PEC experience and thought some might consider Atlanta or Los Angeles delivery. Richard.

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S Cross Turismo delivery at Porsche Delivery Center LA 65464414127__9C65734E-8E22-43CD-AB34-C6434F339FDF

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S Cross Turismo delivery at Porsche Delivery Center LA IMG_2121

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S Cross Turismo delivery at Porsche Delivery Center LA IMG_2124

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S Cross Turismo delivery at Porsche Delivery Center LA IMG_2148

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S Cross Turismo delivery at Porsche Delivery Center LA IMG_2150

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 / Taycan CT4 / Model X (ordered)
Country flag
Ordered 4S Cross Turismo early May 2021. Was delayed numerous times and got stuck in the San Diego port for awhile. Took delivery at the Porsche Delivery Center, in Los Angeles, two weeks ago. Great experience, highly recommend if possible. The PEC stated this was the very first CT to hit the Southern California market and they all went out to see the truck unload so they could finally see one. The professional driver that has you follow him around the track in a Taycan 4S Sedan was awesome. Told me to stay on his tail on the track, and it was amazing how the 4S sedan performed. He spent two hours with me since they weren't booked that day and it was a blast on the many features. After the driving experience they provide a great lunch overlooking the track from the second floor. When lunch is over, with you and your guest, they come to get you for the unveiling and training. In great German style, they pay attention to the most minor details that make for such a memorable experience. The $500 was a well spent delivery option.

Went with 21" wheels and didn't realize they had 305's on the rear & 265's upfront. Goodyear F1's. Not as noisy as I would have expected and very happy with the wheels and tires. Lot of options and very happy with choices. Haven't taken any photos of interior yet. Has rear axle steering, Porsche Surface Coated brake upgrade, Heads up Display, Premium package and seat and leather upgrades. So happy as a first time Porsche owner to have ordered the Sport Chrono package. That knob on the steering wheel makes all the difference to select modes while driving. The Porsche Electric Sport Sound is definitely cool in the Sport Plus mode. Added some black on body in a variety of places since the Neptune Blue looks great with black accents.

Only issue is there are software bugs. Have been back to the dealership and they said they are not surprised, since it took some time to work through most on the early sedan bugs. The latest iPhone upgrade to IOS 15.0.02 solved not connecting to Car Play occasionally and also no longer dropping Car Play. Dropped home link program once, comes up losing ability to get to Sirius music and other stored favorites. Once came up only allowing me to continue as a guest. And a couple of times having dialog boxes asking questions to be answered when attempting to pull away.

All in all very impressed by design, handling is amazing, and fast as the wind! I can easily put up with some bugs, given it is the first in my area. Would do this again in a New York minute.

Wrote a lot, but being first time Porsche owner and the PEC experience and thought some might consider Atlanta or Los Angeles delivery. Richard.

65464414127__9C65734E-8E22-43CD-AB34-C6434F339FDF.jpeg

IMG_2121.jpeg

IMG_2124.jpeg

IMG_2148.jpeg

IMG_2150.jpeg
First, congratulations on your car, it looks amazing! Can I ask you why your car was held up in San Diego (mine will be there in 20 days). Also, did scheduling PEC LA push your delivery date back and if so by how much? Very much appreciated!

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag

65464414127__9C65734E-8E22-43CD-AB34-C6434F339FDF.jpeg

IMG_2121.jpeg

IMG_2124.jpeg

IMG_2148.jpeg

IMG_2150.jpeg
Richard glad your happy with your CT. I live in Laguna beach and picked up my CT on 9/4 from Porsche Irvine
(ordered in May)…they told me mine was first one in
SoCal. :) Any way hope too see you around town.
I hit the SB at Newport coast on occasion .. love the car and I had my share of software bugs when i first got it but car seems to be perfect the past few weeks ..fingers crossed……Enjoy the drive.

OP
OP
TaycanCrossNewportCoastCA
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
First, congratulations on your car, it looks amazing! Can I ask you why your car was held up in San Diego (mine will be there in 20 days). Also, did scheduling PEC LA push your delivery date back and if so by how much? Very much appreciated!
Sorry, just saw this. The San Diego hold up they put on Supply Chain issues and said no more about it. The PEC delivery was checked originally and it did NOT hold up delivery at all. It goes straight to PEC vs. going to the dealership.

OP
OP
TaycanCrossNewportCoastCA
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Richard glad your happy with your CT. I live in Laguna beach and picked up my CT on 9/4 from Porsche Irvine
(ordered in May)…they told me mine was first one in
SoCal. :) Any way hope too see you around town.
I hit the SB at Newport coast on occasion .. love the car and I had my share of software bugs when i first got it but car seems to be perfect the past few weeks ..fingers crossed……Enjoy the drive.
Just saw your post. Yea my pickup was 9/29, so they seem to have their fact wrong! Congratulations. Most all bugs have gone with the exception of occasionally entering car and it thinks a visitor was in last and give me a dialog box having to check. We may run into each other. Just joined the Porsche Club of US and was at an event two weeks ago and may go to their first Saturday of the month in Santa Ana.
Sponsored