December 2021 Delivery

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
2022 4S. TYD shows the car is now on the Mediterranean Highway. I tracked the ship and it's going to Baltimore, ETA 11/5. Does it then go to Jacksonville? My dealer is in Tampa so the port of entry for my vehicle is supposed to be JAX. My delivery date as of a few days ago was 11/12 but changed to 12/3 yesterday. This makes me wonder if the car is really on board that ship.

I'm sure it is. My car hopped on boat bound for Houston on the 15th and by all accounts everything is ahead of schedule but the TYD has bounced all over the place for me in terms of delivery date. Im sure it will show up well ahead of schedule.
Sponsored

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
@ menzz - Wounder if folks getting their cars had Rear Axle Steering & Intelligent Range Manager, that we have in common. That seems to be the only unusual options that I see that we have.
To hopefully wrap up my saga since ordering in April a CT4 MY2021. I cancelled the order today and my dealer was able to switch me to a MY2022 allocation that is on a ship arriving in Baltimore on Nov 5, 2021. I don't think we will ever know what happened to these cars that went into producion in July and are still waiting to be completed. I saw today that my orginal order now has a delivery date of Jan 15, 2022. I was very excited with my original configuration but think the MY 2022 will work just fine for me.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
So I just checked TYD and delayed again by two weeks from December 24 to Jan 7

Last edited:

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine entered production Oct 12 with completion estimate of Oct 22. Just updated to completion of Nov 12 and Emden Nov 19. Very annoying. Delivery in California has slipped from Dec 1 to Jan 7 over the past few weeks.
ok so mine just changed again and now my delivery date is pushed back two weeks to 1/14 and my production completion date is now 11/26.

shelt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S; '18 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Same here. It slips 2 weeks every 2 days. Very frustrating. How can they build a zillion id4 cars and not divert enough chips to their high margin cars?

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
ok so mine just changed again and now my delivery date is pushed back two weeks to 1/14 and my production completion date is now 11/26.
Same. I explained to my sales manager that this car isn’t coming. They won’t give back my deposit. I’ve informed them I’m going elsewhere for a MY22 and am trying to escalate this to the regional Porsche rep.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Yes, my ‘21 car which started production on July 20th Is still stuck there and the delivery date has now been pushed back…. a sixth time….. from it’s original delivery date of 08/06 to 01/07

Kittybaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y
Country flag
I'm sure it is. My car hopped on boat bound for Houston on the 15th and by all accounts everything is ahead of schedule but the TYD has bounced all over the place for me in terms of delivery date. Im sure it will show up well ahead of schedule.
TYD now shows the car made it on the ship Mediterranean Highway. It's bound for Baltimore, ETA 11/3 as per vessel tracker. Not sure how long it takes to go from there to Jacksonville Port and then to Tampa dealership. TYD current estimate shows delivery on 12/3. I hope it doesn't take that long.

Anyone else has their car in the Mediterranean Highway?

misterfring

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne
Country flag
My car switched vessels to the Mediterranean Highway (and switched US arrival ports) and the “on vessel” date moved up 10/22 and the arrival date moved up 21 days to 11/5 (it also set arrival at dealer date to 11/5 and I’m in Chicago and port is Baltimore, so I knew something was up).

Today on vessel changed again to 11/13 (apparently my car didn’t make on this voyage) and arrival 12/6.

in short, what are we even doing with TYD.

esquire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F36, BMW X5 45e, Taycan RWD '22
Country flag
My heavily optioned RWD (ordered in June) was scheduled to be completed on 11/19, slipped to 12/3 according to my sales manager. Car might miss PTMS, sport sound, phone charger, second key and electric steering column. Wouldn’t even know about all those problems and delays if it wasn’t for this extremely helpful forum. Communication from Porsche equals zero. I guess the margin on those cars is not sufficient for Porsche to afford a few guys to program an automatic e-mail to inform the customer if problems arise with the order.

Reactions: vdr

NOLAStorm

First Name
Shaquita
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Panny 4S E Hybrid, 2022 Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Went from 12/10 delivery to 1/14 delivery today in TYD but the car also shows production completed. Maybe it’ll be here faster or some delay at Emden is planned?

NOLAStorm

First Name
Shaquita
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Panny 4S E Hybrid, 2022 Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Same. But TYD is also showing production completed. Weird.

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
Our cancelled '21 (which we can still track on TYD) is now showing 11/26 estimated production complete, and 1/14 delivery. We gave up on it some time ago.

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same. But TYD is also showing production completed. Weird.
Yeah, that doesn't make sense.

Did you check TYD between Thurs and Fri? I wonder if yours jumped like mine (and others) from a del. date of 12/31 to 1/14

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
MY22 production completed 10/19, Arrived Emden 10/22.. made onto Mediterranean highway 10/22 and the delivery at dealer shows as 11/12.. originally it was 12/3. Hope its real
Sponsored