Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
My wife and I had to drive somewhere separate today because I had to leave early for the airport.

So, I spent 45 minutes following behind watching her drive the Taycan.

I had a several observations.
  1. She drives with a light foot in normal….and still smoked my Macan S the whole trip. She wasn’t even trying. It was pretty annoying.
  2. It’s almost as much fun watching the car 3rd person as it is driving it. Almost.
  3. The rear spoiler looks weird in the slightly raised position. It’s not enough to look intentional. It looks more like a bad panel gap. I never saw it raise higher than that either, even in normal highway driving, so I guess that’s just what it always looks like. ?‍♂
  4. It was a cloudy day and the green didn’t pop very much.
  5. I regret not deleting the rear badge. I find it distracting now. Props to those who did so.
Porsche Taycan A few thoughts after driving behind my Taycan 55AA639E-BAC1-4E49-8A15-6A38798578E4
Sponsored

Sabreliner

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan 4S, '91 911 C4
Country flag
I don't ever see any Taycans in the wild where I live, and I can't get my wife to drive anything bigger than her Mini Cooper. The instant effortless torque to get you away from other traffic is definitely addicting and hard to live without now.

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
1. You saw the most common view of the Taycan.... of it pulling away.
2. Did you try sport plus and the spoiler up?

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1. You saw the most common view of the Taycan.... of it pulling away.
2. Did you try sport plus and the spoiler up?
No, we don’t have sport chrono so no sport plus. My wife said it was too much money and then complained when she didn’t have the analog clock…?‍♂.

I’m pretty sure she just had it in normal because she always does. I didn’t ask her to try sport.

One other odd thing though, I called her once, and I couldn’t hear her….because my phone had connected to the Taycan and was calling her through her car. ?

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
No, we don’t have sport chrono so no sport plus. My wife said it was too much money and then complained when she didn’t have the analog clock…?‍♂.
with sport chrono you don’t actually get an analogue clock, just a stopwatch. To get the analogue clock you have to have sport chrono and spec the Porsche design clock. Total cost in UK is about £1500. She wouldn’t have liked that!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
with sport chrono you don’t actually get an analogue clock, just a stopwatch. To get the analogue clock you have to have sport chrono and spec the Porsche design clock. Total cost in UK is about £1500. She wouldn’t have liked that!
Or, you have to buy CT (where you can spec compass + clock with sports chrono) :angel:

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You guys are making debadging sound way easier than it actually is. You’re forgetting the first step where I have to convince my wife. ?

Serious question though, any issues debadging after ceramic? Not so much an issue doing it, but with how it looks after?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
You guys are making debadging sound way easier than it actually is. You’re forgetting the first step where I have to convince my wife. ?

Serious question though, any issues debadging after ceramic? Not so much an issue doing it, but with how it looks after?
I had ceramic applied on my M4 but later had a new M4 logo color matched to my paint - removed old badge and installed new but I do not recall seeing any noticeable 'shadow' or obvious difference on the paint - you can always get the latest 'wipe-on' ceramic polishes (e.g. Torque Detail) if really concerned to go over the newly exposed area but TBH, doubt you'll need it after a std. polish.

BTW, totally agree with seeing someone else driving your car - for me it is when it gets pulled up at the dealer (only time someone else driving it! :)) and looks great - this is the M4 at a local restaurant:

Porsche Taycan A few thoughts after driving behind my Taycan IMG_3760

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I have a similar question. My CPO 2020 TTS I’ve had for the last month has the “Electric” badge in gloss black. While it has kind of grown on me I think I would still prefer it off. My biggest issue is that it’s a lot so close to the fin of the power charge port cover.

The car has full frontal Xpel PPF done by the initial owner in July 2020 and Xzilon ceramic done by me last month through the selling dealership, so the badges are 15 months into ownership since the car was first sold in July 2020. I’d like to remove the electric badge but not if the underlying paint may look any different because of the passage of time. If that is risk (which it seems like it is) then I think I’d rather just live with the badge. Anybody have experience removing badges a year+ later?

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I had ceramic applied on my M4 but later had a new M4 logo color matched to my paint - removed old badge and installed new but I do not recall seeing any noticeable 'shadow' or obvious difference on the paint - you can always get the latest 'wipe-on' ceramic polishes (e.g. Torque Detail) if really concerned to go over the newly exposed area but TBH, doubt you'll need it after a std. polish.
Thanks. I posted my question before seeing this. Decisions decisions…First world problem I guess.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I have a similar question. My CPO 2020 TTS I’ve had for the last month has the “Electric” badge in gloss black. While it has kind of grown on me I think I would still prefer it off. My biggest issue is that it’s a lot so close to the fin of the power charge port cover.

The car has full frontal Xpel PPF done by the initial owner in July 2020 and Xzilon ceramic done by me last month through the selling dealership, so the badges are 15 months into ownership since the car was first sold in July 2020. I’d like to remove the electric badge but not if the underlying paint may look any different because of the passage of time. If that is risk (which it seems like it is) then I think I’d rather just live with the badge. Anybody have experience removing badges a year+ later?
Just for ref - my M4 is a 2015 model - received back in US after delivery in Germany in late 2014 when I applied the Ceramic coating but removed/replaced the M4 rear logo almost 2 yers later and had no issues re paint. Now one issue you might have if I am reading your post correctly is that if they removed and reapplied the logo onto the Xpel PPF this could have a different effect?
Sponsored