WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Lovely rich colour (slightly reminiscent of 944 interiors?), though I think I'd prefer the steering wheel and most of the plastic elements in a more neutral black or dark grey...a shame that the 2-tone blackberry & slate grey has almost the opposite assignment of colour.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Lovely rich colour (slightly reminiscent of 944 interiors?), though I think I'd prefer the steering wheel and most of the plastic elements in a more neutral black or dark grey...a shame that the 2-tone blackberry & slate grey has almost the opposite assignment of colour.
I actually like the non-blackness of the steering wheel.
For a very long time now almost every sporty version of every car I have wanted has only come with a deadly boring black interior, or dark grey for my Sierra RS500 so I am thrilled the Taycan has a fairly wide range of actual colours available!
The least black are the chalk beige - which also has a pale back to the front seats which will be so much nicer for back seat passengers IMO, Blackberry and Truffle brown.

I am still vacillating amongst those 3. The other colour choices are more small splashes of colour in a black interior so not for me in my quest to have decades of black interiors banished :).

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
i’d go with blackberry if it would be available in olea leather…i have truffle-brown and i love it.
looks much better than black.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I actually like the non-blackness of the steering wheel.
I think my aversion stems from a CLS that was a complete beige-out (I got a bit sensitive to the ageist ribbing..."hearing age beige" ☺...though not enough to stop me paying to have beige seatbelts in my beige Cayenne interior).
For a very long time now almost every sporty version of every car I have wanted has only come with a deadly boring black interior, or dark grey for my Sierra RS500 so I am thrilled the Taycan has a fairly wide range of actual colours available!
Me too! (J.Clarkson, "they all look like the interior of a German's wash-bag"...no offence intended and I expect that the last laugh will be had at trade-in time)
The least black are the chalk beige - which also has a pale back to the front seats which will be so much nicer for back seat passengers IMO, Blackberry and Truffle brown.
Yes disappointing that there's no option to replace the black plastic seatbacks that come with most leather choices.
I am still vacillating amongst those 3. The other colour choices are more small splashes of colour in a black interior so not for me in my quest to have decades of black interiors banished :).
I can relate to that, I've recently come around to wanting red (having previously taken the mick out of others for making that same choice), so it's the black & red for me...then I saw 2 Frozen Blue demonstrators (neither with red interior) and I've put my brave pants on and combined those colours, though I felt they need as much black as possible to tone things down a little.
After the agony of choice, I just hope I'm not waiting so long for a build slot that those colour options get discontinued.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Reviewers are with the car for a relatively short length of time and they are forced to have opinions in that time to try and make compelling content.

Form strong opinions on this product over the next four hours, then later this afternoon do the same for a different product. Fine, but I wouldn't be too guided by any particular viewpoint under those circumstances, and I wouldn't take much notice of any particular reviewer's thoughts on something as subjective as colour.

And obviously I choose best – Neptune Blue + Blackberry & Slate interior for a slightly 70s retro vibe that works really well with such a modern vehicle without being kitschy. In my opinion of course – which you should ignore.

Last edited:
OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I notice a practicality thumbs down on the news page picture. I wonder what somebody thinks is impractical about a blackberry interior and how it got voted thus?

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
I think my aversion stems from a CLS that was a complete beige-out (I got a bit sensitive to the ageist ribbing..."hearing age beige" ☺...though not enough to stop me paying to have beige seatbelts in my beige Cayenne interior).
Me too! (J.Clarkson, "they all look like the interior of a German's wash-bag"...no offence intended and I expect that the last laugh will be had at trade-in time)
Yes disappointing that there's no option to replace the black plastic seatbacks that come with most leather choices.
I can relate to that, I've recently come around to wanting red (having previously taken the mick out of others for making that same choice), so it's the black & red for me...then I saw 2 Frozen Blue demonstrators (neither with red interior) and I've put my brave pants on and combined those colours, though I felt they need as much black as possible to tone things down a little.
After the agony of choice, I just hope I'm not waiting so long for a build slot that those colour options get discontinued.
Current build (if don’t change again before lock..) is Gentian with the Bordeaux (red) seats for a little less “washbag”. Assuming you’ve seen them in the flesh but my test drive was in a black car with the bordeaux, they are way more understated than most photos show them (they seem to photograph garish red in most pictures I’ve seen though it may be people having their phones set to oversaturated Instagram defaults…)

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Current build (if don’t change again before lock..) is Gentian with the Bordeaux (red) seats for a little less “washbag”. Assuming you’ve seen them in the flesh but my test drive was in a black car with the bordeaux, they are way more understated than most photos show them (they seem to photograph garish red in most pictures I’ve seen though it may be people having their phones set to oversaturated Instagram defaults…)
Lovely combo (it was my original- and safer, but still exciting- choice . It's certainly worth seeking out real-world cars to inform colour selection- as you say, many pictures have over-saturated or otherwise unnatural hues added when taken and/or when viewed, presumably to make them more instagrammable. I was fortunate to not to have to travel to far to view a Frozen Blue, though I had to make do with holding a small black/red sample against it.
I imagine that the lower contrast of Blackberry with black is best judged sitting inside an example, to see how it works with all the shades of black and dark grey of the other materials (plastic, headlining etc.). Though I appreciate that might not be practical due to rarity.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I imagine that the lower contrast of Blackberry with black is best judged sitting inside an example, to see how it works with all the shades of black and dark grey of the other materials (plastic, headlining etc.). Though I appreciate that might not be practical due to rarity.
On the configurator the carpets and headlining look Blackberry too. The dash displays and steering column surround are the only black/grey bits as far as I can see.
I have gone for Aurum bits to brighten it up a bit :)
code PNIARGI4

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
On the configurator the carpets and headlining look Blackberry too. The dash displays and steering column surround are the only black/grey bits as far as I can see.
I have gone for Aurum bits to brighten it up a bit :)
code PNIARGI4
That Neodyne trim really lifts the opulence of the Blackberry (have you managed to see it in real life?)...and even better, it includes the chrono dial which alone if red or white would be a £245 option. Did you try the other seatbelt colours (well, Blackberry or Slate Grey)? I must consider the personalised loadspace mat for my own build...it seems like a relative bargain considering the free choice of leather trim and stitching!
Oh, and though it's not my preference, I must say that Mamba Green seems to really wear the various matt and gloss black trims well.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That Neodyne trim really lifts the opulence of the Blackberry (have you managed to see it in real life?)...and even better, it includes the chrono dial which alone if red or white would be a £245 option. Did you try the other seatbelt colours (well, Blackberry or Slate Grey)? I must consider the personalised loadspace mat for my own build...it seems like a relative bargain considering the free choice of leather trim and stitching!
Oh, and though it's not my preference, I must say that Mamba Green seems to really wear the various matt and gloss black trims well.
I haven't seen Blackberry "in the flesh" at all. I considered the seatbelts but the standard go well enough to save some money.

I think the neodyme works well with some interiors but not others, the clock dial being one of the best bits!

Green is my favourite colour but not often offered in a shade I like (or at all!) The last green car I had was in 1992, a TVR Griffith in BRG. Loved that car and wish I had not sold it...

The dealer is slightly bemused but keen to see a car specified for an owner's own pleasure without any consideration for resale :)

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Green is my favourite colour but not often offered in a shade I like (or at all!) The last green car I had was in 1992, a TVR Griffith in BRG. Loved that car and wish I had not sold it...

The dealer is slightly bemused but keen to see a car specified for an owneres own pleasure without any consideration for resale :)
Well you could go even further on the personalisation with a custom colour- the list of colours approved for the Taycan includes around 10 shades of green including BRG and an approximately close Forest Green Metallic. That said, I think that the Mamba Green does look great and is a damn sight more cost effective and readily available. I went through the list looking for likely blues, should my preferred Frozen Blue get discontinued by the time I get a build slot...though I'm not sure I could bring myself to take the financial and time hit for a custom colour :(

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well you could go even further on the personalisation with a custom colour- the list of colours approved for the Taycan includes around 10 shades of green including BRG and an approximately close Forest Green Metallic. That said, I think that the Mamba Green does look great and is a damn sight more cost effective and readily available. I went through the list looking for likely blues, should my preferred Frozen Blue get discontinued by the time I get a build slot...though I'm not sure I could bring myself to take the financial and time hit for a custom colour :(
I did the same and alighted on forest green but the cost was too high for me and I like Mamba anyway.
To be honest the price of the options, and the fact that the ones I want are not included even in the higher cost models, is one of the reasons I have never bought a Porsche before.

The Taycan is the first one I have got to the end of the configurator without closing it in disgust.

The Panamera ST plug-in was on my short list last time and it really failed on width - I wouldn't be able to open the doors in any of the car parks I use (and the Taycan is as bad, sadly) but the options cost to get the things I wanted which were standard on cheaper alternatives I found so intensely annoying I couldn't bring myself to buy it.

It was a close thing with the Taycan too but it is the only car fulfilling my requirements, the alternative is to wait a few more years to see what others come up with.

So far it is almost all SUVs :( which I detest having spent my whole career on aerodynamics.
Sponsored