tedkidd

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Bolt
Country flag
So awesome! And it looks like the car is fairly efficient in the cold! Your usage stay consistent for the second half of the trip?

If so, that's about what our Bolt gets traveling in that weather. (With 55kw max and small battery it's not a cross country car)

Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal Screenshot_20200206-191241
Sponsored

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Consumption.
Range.
Anxiety.
Just find the Zen ... and Drive.

Until then, here’s more charts and graphs and numbers.

Low Consumption:
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 66CFA9B8-1819-4452-8DD4-5AEC8DA57604

High Consumption:
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal A2BB8F8D-7A6A-4579-B23F-554F2ECC1AC7

Average for six days, 3826 miles.
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 5C6FAE26-AA5E-467E-8902-BE2722A320E0

Vik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P100DL
Country flag
Consumption.
Range.
Anxiety.
Just find the Zen ... and Drive.

Until then, here’s more charts and graphs and numbers.

Low Consumption:
66CFA9B8-1819-4452-8DD4-5AEC8DA57604.jpeg

High Consumption:
A2BB8F8D-7A6A-4579-B23F-554F2ECC1AC7.jpeg

Average for six days, 3826 miles.
5C6FAE26-AA5E-467E-8902-BE2722A320E0.jpeg
Is avg. speed correct? Is it factoring stopping to charge?

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is avg. speed correct? Is it factoring stopping to charge?
They must be figuring in the time stopped to charge. Because I generally drive much faster than 26 mph!

Last edited:

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Back in the USA!

Thank you Canada for you kindness, your beautiful scenery, and your very good Electrified Trans Canada Highway. Again, sorry about blowing that fuse!

Headed south to the other Portland.
First Electrify America charging session... fail... fail... move to a different charger... Success.

Their cables are too short to park properly in the spaces, and still reach my car’s charging ports. I have to park like jerk, across two spaces. It’s embarrassing.

A mere charge rate of 103kW. I was kinda full, but this is where my car told me to go. It is constantly optimizing the route and offering other “faster” routes if I want to switch to “Range mode”. I don’t.

The car is counting down the minutes... so I need to go soon... this was planned as an 11 minute charging stop. 3...2...1...

Maybe some breakfast.

Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 1B32ADFB-F47B-4680-A6E8-4182D78469A7

Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 4BF53B2C-18E3-4072-AD42-363B42B2F226

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Don - Have you been using a lot of adaptive cruise control on your journey? I understand that the vehicle should adjust speed based on posted speed limits - have you found this to be true? And if so, do you know if that is a function of Innodrive or just as part of Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) option. I'm not interested in the "slightly drunk, partially blind, novice driver having control of your steering” as you so eloquently summarized InnoDrive...but I do want the function that regulates speed based on posted speed signs. Do I need Innodrive for that or can the cheaper ACC option do the trick?

Also - is your apple carplay only available when your iphone is plugged in or can it work wirelessly like on some other vehicles?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
First Electrify America charging session... fail... fail... move to a different charger... Success.

Their cables are too short to park properly in the spaces, and still reach my car’s charging ports. I have to park like jerk, across two spaces. It’s embarrassing.
Can you do us all a major favor? First check in in PlugShare and leave a failure comment, EA apparently monitors those very closely to make sure they "look good." Second if you have time during driving call and report EA failures and your experience to Porsche customer care, as they are the main very fast speed provider for the Tycan (and part of VW group). When I call they seem very interested in tracking how the Taycan is perceived specially in light of fast charging.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can you do us all a major favor? First check in in PlugShare and leave a failure comment, EA apparently monitors those very closely to make sure they "look good." Second if you have time during driving call and report EA failures and your experience to Porsche customer care, as they are the main very fast speed provider for the Tycan (and part of VW group). When I call they seem very interested in tracking how the Taycan is perceived specially in light of fast charging.
I would add to that this issue of the length of the cable. I have heard that before and it makes no sense that they would be like that. They should be aware of it before they keep building out.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
I would add to that this issue of the length of the cable. I have heard that before and it makes no sense that they would be like that. They should be aware of it before they keep building out.
I brought this issue up with the GM of my local Porsche showroom. He claimed he hadn't heard of it. I asked him to raise the issue with Porsche management. He said he would, but I wasn't convinced it was high on his To-Do list.

Now that we have at least 2 data points, I'd say this is a feature, not a bug. EA needs to address this. Now.

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can you do us all a major favor? First check in in PlugShare and leave a failure comment, EA apparently monitors those very closely to make sure they "look good."
IIRC, you also pointed out the issue of the charging cable. Can you contact EA about that? There is a contact us form on their website.
https://www.electrifyamerica.com/contact-us

As an owner, it can have an impact.

thanks

edit. i meant to reply to @epirali

Last edited:

Mhoepfin

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Back in the USA!

Thank you Canada for you kindness, your beautiful scenery, and your very good Electrified Trans Canada Highway. Again, sorry about blowing that fuse!

Headed south to the other Portland.

A mere charge rate of 103kW. I was kinda full, but this is where my car told me to go. It is constantly optimizing the route and offering other “faster” routes if I want to switch to “Range mode”. I don’t.

The car is counting down the minutes... so I need to go soon... this was planned as an 11 minute charging stop. 3...2...1...

Maybe some breakfast.

1B32ADFB-F47B-4680-A6E8-4182D78469A7.jpeg

4BF53B2C-18E3-4072-AD42-363B42B2F226.jpeg
Interesting. The one EA station I use on a somewhat regular basis has a side layout that is better for EV’s of different shapes and sizes.

Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 72280598-97DC-46DB-B5EA-E46258043419

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seattle, you can keep your traffic. I’ve been so spoiled having thousands of miles of roads with little or no traffic.

Now getting my charge on. 151kW. Not bad, but according to Porsche’s documents, with an initial battery temp of 87°F and an initial SoC of 32%, I would have expected a charge rate above 200kW.

Maybe my documentation is wrong.

Also. First real problem discovered with the car. A tiny thing. A first world problem thing. The driver’s seat ventilation fan doesn’t work. Passenger seat does.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag