Critique my Turbo S build!

Foreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i8 roadster
Country flag
After a month+ of configuring, I think I’m almost there. Please critique my build!

Build code is PNNVZBR3

Options I’m still stuck on:
  1. Center console trim in leather - not sure if the brown plastic will look so cheap that this is mandatory, or if this is a waste of funds?
  2. Door handles in gloss black - I think the contrast in the config looks really good with the wheels and the fin on the charger port, but also not sure how it will look irl. Contemplated leaving the option of just wrapping in gloss black, but I don’t think that’ll look as good.
  3. Rear tray(s) in leather - is it even a noticeable difference?

Porsche Taycan Critique my Turbo S build! 1360280F-CC0C-4132-A4C2-AA84C78DCE46

Porsche Taycan Critique my Turbo S build! 9154374F-52DD-4EC3-9320-E7D2BE6119B5

Porsche Taycan Critique my Turbo S build! 19400624-A691-436C-BAC9-A8BCA4E637DC

Porsche Taycan Critique my Turbo S build! 6028140A-673A-413C-AE7C-CE0FB59241E5

Porsche Taycan Critique my Turbo S build! F09480A3-F875-4120-BE2D-4AF5E342C6D7

Porsche Taycan Critique my Turbo S build! 82F1F0D1-CDB0-445B-B68C-7802C60BC625

porscheguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TTS CT
Country flag
After a month+ of configuring, I think I’m almost there. Please critique my build!

Build code is PNNVZBR3

Options I’m still stuck on:
  1. Center console trim in leather - not sure if the brown plastic will look so cheap that this is mandatory, or if this is a waste of funds?
  2. Door handles in gloss black - I think the contrast in the config looks really good with the wheels and the fin on the charger port, but also not sure how it will look irl. Contemplated leaving the option of just wrapping in gloss black, but I don’t think that’ll look as good.
  3. Rear tray(s) in leather - is it even a noticeable difference?

1360280F-CC0C-4132-A4C2-AA84C78DCE46.jpeg

9154374F-52DD-4EC3-9320-E7D2BE6119B5.png

19400624-A691-436C-BAC9-A8BCA4E637DC.png

6028140A-673A-413C-AE7C-CE0FB59241E5.png

F09480A3-F875-4120-BE2D-4AF5E342C6D7.png

82F1F0D1-CDB0-445B-B68C-7802C60BC625.png
I also went with the carbon fiber side mirrors and gloss black door handles on my mamba turbo s ct. Details like that are definitely striking. It’ll look awesome IRL… tho mine doesn’t arrive until Jan.

OP
OP
Foreal

Foreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i8 roadster
Country flag
I also went with the carbon fiber side mirrors and gloss black door handles on my mamba turbo s ct. Details like that are definitely striking. It’ll look awesome IRL… tho mine doesn’t arrive until Jan.
I love the ct too, that’s going to look so good..make sure to post pics when it arrives!!

Bssuthar

First Name
Bhavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, Taycan 4s previously, Land Rover LR4
Country flag
Love the Mamba Green! Can’t go wrong with too much leather. A few things you should add tho.
1. Get the right NEMA cable and make it 25 ft. It’s free. Great for charging no matter how you park the car at home, or for another vehicle on the other side of the garage. It’s portable so you can charge anywhere.
2. I would personally add the 19.2 kw OBC. I have the Porsche mobile charger connect and the Porsche dock. Looks cool, unless you go third party.
3. Door-Sill Guards in Matte Carbon Fiber, Illuminated catches your eye and soul every time you get in. And it too is free. But, Inner Door-Sill Guards and B-Pillars in Leather will be added instead of race Tex. You get to choose the leather color options.
4. Ambivalent about storage trays in leather. Spend you resources getting more leather in the front cockpit
5. Keep Turbo S on the headrest, but add to the Center Console Armrest with Porsche Crest. I regret not getting it.
6. Add fire extinguisher. It’s cheap and goes under the passenger seat
7. Don’t get massage seats with ventilation seats. The vibration from the ventilation is off the charts, seats becomes too distracting when enjoying your sweet ride. Vent only, no massage
8. I like the Porsche InnoDrive incl. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Active Lane Keep (ALK) for stop and go traffic. Remote ParkAssist for when you have to squeeze in perfectly. But I highly doubt you will put ur car on the streets like that
9. Night Vision- give or take but does add a little more safety to your depth of vision
10. LOVE SportDesign Package in Carbon Fiber. I wish I did that. Stands out.
11. I got all season tires for Virginia
12. Black gloss door handle a must. Stands out in line with the charging fin.
13. PPF with ceramic coating was placed as soon as it left dealer. So easy to clean now
14. If you haven’t done so, have the dealer remove the yellow side turning lights and replace them with white ones.

GREAT build nonetheles! You will love it! I had a 4s and traded it back for TTS. No regrets…

Last edited:
OP
OP
Foreal

Foreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i8 roadster
Country flag
Love the Mamba Green! Can’t go wrong with too much leather. A few things you should add tho.
1. Get the right NEMA cable and make it 25 ft. It’s free. Great for charging no matter how you park the car at home, or for another vehicle on the other side of the garage. It’s portable so you can charge anywhere.
2. I would personally add the 19.2 kw OBC. I have the Porsche mobile charger connect and the Porsche dock. Looks cool, unless you go third party.
3. Door-Sill Guards in Matte Carbon Fiber, Illuminated catches your eye and soul every time you get in. And it too is free. But, Inner Door-Sill Guards and B-Pillars in Leather will be added instead of race Tex. You get to choose the leather color options.
4. Ambivalent about storage trays in leather. Spend you resources getting more leather in the front cockpit
5. Keep Turbo S on the headrest, but add to the Center Console Armrest with Porsche Crest. I regret not getting it.
6. Add fire extinguisher. It’s cheap and goes under the passenger seat
7. Don’t get massage seats with ventilation seats. The vibration from the ventilation is off the charts, seats becomes too distracting when enjoying your sweet ride. Vent only, no massage
8. I like the Porsche InnoDrive incl. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Active Lane Keep (ALK) for stop and go traffic. Remote ParkAssist for when you have to squeeze in perfectly. But I highly doubt you will put ur car on the streets like that
9. Night Vision- give or take but does add a little more safety to your depth of vision
10. LOVE SportDesign Package in Carbon Fiber. I wish I did that. Stands out.
11. I got all season tires for Virginia
12. Black gloss door handle a must. Stands out in line with the charging fin.
13. PPF with ceramic coating was placed as soon as it left dealer. So easy to clean now
14. If you haven’t done so, have the dealer remove the yellow side turning lights and replace them with white ones.

GREAT build nonetheles! You will love it! I had a 4s and traded it back for TTS. No regrets…
Wow thanks for the detailed input!

1+2: thanks, I definitely will. I’ve been needing some advice on the charger additions, it’s the only thing I haven’t researched

3: I believe the matte carbon fiber comes standard on the turbo s? Which is why it only shows the option icw the leather b pillars. I was definitely contemplating between the leather b pillars over the racetex, still on the fence about this one

5: I’ve also been on the fence about this, Porsche crest or ‘Porsche’ (edit: Taycan badge) which is standard. Your suggestion makes me lean more toward the crest now

6: added!

7: good to know! I don’t think the massage is even an option though for the 18way seats, which I think look a lot better than the 14way

8: I originally had these options added, but multiple posts on this forum have me very hesitant to trust the system. Random braking, undetected cars etc just make me think I’m better off waiting til the tech advances. Also, I don’t really have a commute in traffic or anything so I don’t think I’d even be using it that often.

9: night vision is definitely something that seemed cool, but at nearly 3k it just didn’t seem worth it to me. From what I’ve read, I’d probably option it if I was living in an area with wildlife risks

10: I love it too ? adds to the aggression

13: PPF is a must, but not sure if I should have it from Porsche or from a shop after delivery? I tried researching this but couldn’t find much info. I know it’s a new option, they do the front half, which I think is all I need, but no more details other than its placement. Did you feel the ceramic affected the shine of the color in any way?

once again, thanks for taking the time to help me out, I appreciate it! ?

Last edited:

Oakhome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'65 S-Type; '06 325; '20 Taycan; '18 991
Another big fan of the Mamba green here !

Coming from a car which had head-up display, that's the one thing the 2020 Taycan I'm about to buy is missing. I thought it a gimmick at first, but soon came to love it. As such if I was building from new I'd include that.

On the other hand I'm not sure I see the value of the driver side screen (love how driver focused cars of the past were), nor the 4-zone climate control - I'd rather throw some money at Porsche in the way of some deviated stitching :)

OP
OP
Foreal

Foreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i8 roadster
Country flag
Another big fan of the Mamba green here !

Coming from a car which had head-up display, that's the one thing the 2020 Taycan I'm about to buy is missing. I thought it a gimmick at first, but soon came to love it. As such if I was building from new I'd include that.

On the other hand I'm not sure I see the value of the driver side screen (love how driver focused cars of the past were), nor the 4-zone climate control - I'd rather throw some money at Porsche in the way of some deviated stitching :)
I agree there isn’t much use in the 4-zone or passenger display, but for a futuristic car, I think the screens everywhere is fitting. It’s mostly a cosmetic decision for me

I have heads up display on my i8 and used it daily for some years, but turned it off a few months ago and actually now prefer it being off. I think it was giving me a headache always seeing something displayed on the screen

I do like the deviated stitching as well andwas contemplating it, but it seems the stitching on the Taycan is thinner than on other porsches and might not look as good on the truffle? I could bewrong tho, haven’t seen one w deviated irl yet

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Wow thanks for the detailed input!

1+2: thanks, I definitely will. I’ve been needing some advice on the charger additions, it’s the only thing I haven’t researched

3: I believe the matte carbon fiber comes standard on the turbo s? Which is why it only shows the option icw the leather b pillars. I was definitely contemplating between the leather b pillars over the racetex, still on the fence about this one

5: I’ve also been on the fence about this, Porsche crest or ‘Porsche’ (edit: Taycan badge) which is standard. Your suggestion makes me lean more toward the crest now

6: added!

7: good to know! I don’t think the massage is even an option though for the 18way seats, which I think look a lot better than the 14way

8: I originally had these options added, but multiple posts on this forum have me very hesitant to trust the system. Random braking, undetected cars etc just make me think I’m better off waiting til the tech advances. Also, I don’t really have a commute in traffic or anything so I don’t think I’d even be using it that often.

9: night vision is definitely something that seemed cool, but at nearly 3k it just didn’t seem worth it to me. From what I’ve read, I’d probably option it if I was living in an area with wildlife risks

10: I love it too ? adds to the aggression

13: PPF is a must, but not sure if I should have it from Porsche or from a shop after delivery? I tried researching this but couldn’t find much info. I know it’s a new option, they do the front half, which I think is all I need, but no more details other than its placement. Did you feel the ceramic affected the shine of the color in any way?

once again, thanks for taking the time to help me out, I appreciate it! ?
I would definately spec Night Vision again. Especially in the city it makes such a difference but also on highways it is very useful. You see al sort of obstacles (due to the temperature differences of various materials) before you see them in your headlights. Night Vision is for me a no brainer.
Sponsored