Standard interior

electric9925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Just a question I had about the standard interior partial leather. I wasn’t really sure how much of the actual seats are leather, in some videos I’ve seen they look like cloth but the configurator says “partial leather or leather seats” so I have no idea what that means. If anyone with the standard interior could tell me that’d be great!
Sponsored

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just a question I had about the standard interior partial leather. I wasn’t really sure how much of the actual seats are leather, in some videos I’ve seen they look like cloth but the configurator says “partial leather or leather seats” so I have no idea what that means. If anyone with the standard interior could tell me that’d be great!
I have them ordered. My understanding is that the seats and inner bolsters themselves are leather, but the outer border/outer bolsters are a synthetic leather material. Not sure about the headrests. I can’t find a Taycan on a lot anywhere let alone one with the standard leather so….

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
There is no cloth in the standard seats. The information in the configurator only mentions the seat centres and inner bolsters as leather, the rest is some sort of faux leather. I have compared standard and full leather in a Taycan and the standard is still pretty good, since so much of the expensive "leather free" interior is shared with the partial leather (Dashboard doors etc) I think the standard has to be pretty high quality anyway.

If I wanted black, grey or chalk/beige I would be hard pressed to pay the extra for full leather, personally.

Last edited:

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is no cloth in the standard seats. The information in the configurator only mentions the seat centres and inner bolsters as leather, the rest is some sort of faux leather. I have compared standard and full leather in a Taycan and the standard is still pretty good, since so much of the expensive "leather free" interior is shared with the partial leather (Dashboard doors etc) I think the standard has to be pretty high quality anyway.

If I wanted black, grey or chalk/beige I would be hard pressed to pay the extra for full leather, personally.
that diagram is awesome, thanks. I’m actually more than ok with my selection now, knowing that the parts I’ll touch (including headrest) will be leather and the rest of it will be pleather, which should wear better and be a bit more kid-proof. Spending the money I save on the Paldao wood and Neodyme accents.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I have the standard interior. Diagram matches up. Steering wheel is also leather alongside the seats.

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
Someone posted this, but I can't find the OP. Standard versus leather interior:

Leather portions of Seats.png
Very helpful.
What does the green represent on the back of the front seats? Or in other words, how is that different that the pink?

WilderAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Very helpful.
What does the green represent on the back of the front seats? Or in other words, how is that different that the pink?
Carpet on the back of the fold-down rear seats.

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
Very helpful.
Probably represents cloth and/or nappy carpet like material (such as lines the trunk).

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I was at the dealership last week for the same choice. The largest difference for me between the two where not the seats but the look of dashboard, center console and armrests. Still have to decide if this is worth it for me.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the standard interior. Diagram matches up. Steering wheel is also leather alongside the seats.
how is the quality of the fake leather? Noticeable? Any regrets? In theory I’m more than ok with it (and the black pebble dash) but not being able to see it in person is challenging.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I have the limestone beige. I was debating the white leather, but the build locked and I could not change. I am happy with my limestone beige and it is not that yellowy tan the most think of when they hear beige.

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
how is the quality of the fake leather? Noticeable? Any regrets? In theory I’m more than ok with it (and the black pebble dash) but not being able to see it in person is challenging.
Honestly, I never paid attention or noticed the fake part until after going through this thread.

I pointed it out to my wife and she could tell the difference when feeling for it, but definitely couldn’t tell by looking at it, and thought it was no big deal. I think Porsche did it pretty tastefully honestly…everywhere you would put your body against is leather, and the rest is not but looks identical.

While the look of full leather is undoubtedly better with it on the dash, doors, etc., I don’t regret not checking the box relative to the price. The only thing I would change would be my center console lid…the material is a bit firm and looks somewhat textured, and would be much nicer wrapped in leather.

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
I have the limestone beige. I was debating the white leather, but the build locked and I could not change. I am happy with my limestone beige and it is not that yellowy tan the most think of when they hear beige.
Limestone Beige here BTW

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I also can't tell the difference between the leather and pleather on the seats.
In fact, I really like the standard seats and base interior.

Modern pleather 'can be' very good nowadays. I coach boxing and although most cheap, non leather gloves are utter garbage, the best ones (Rival RB1? Microfiber gloves) which I use on the heavy bag all the time are like new and lasting much better than all my more expensive leather gloves.

Slightly off topic I know ?
Sponsored