Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
A bunch of misinformation in this article but one thing they said was that Taycan owners have “an average household income of over $900,000”. I guess it could be true if averaging in some billionaires?
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/test-drive-2021-porsche-taycan-cross-turismo-station-wagon
For an average Bugatti owner maybe, I'm skeptical this applies to an average Porsche owner.

Christ our household makes barely half that amount so I'm way on the bottom of the curve

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
...I'm skeptical this applies to an average Porsche owner.
I am not. Plenty of people in my area (which is often thought of as "hedge fund land") are driving Taycans. Many make upwards of $10M/year.

Think of it this way: If Porsche sold 30 Taycans, and 29 buyers made $250K/year and just ONE makes $20M/year, the average buyer of those Taycans makes $908K/year.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Reactions: B61

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
It makes sense. It would not take many people with an income of, say, $10 million (or more) to skew the average to a high number. I think more interesting would be the median income.
That’s what I assumed also. I bet this statistic came from Porsche and I doubt this fact has escaped them so why would they want to promulgate a misleading number? Did they do it to pump up the cachet? Couldn’t it backfire by having people who make less think they shouldn’t buy a Taycan?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
That’s what I assumed also. I bet this statistic came from Porsche and I doubt this fact has escaped them so why would they want to promulgate a misleading number? Did they do it to pump up the cachet? Couldn’t it backfire by having people who make less think they shouldn’t buy a Taycan?
I suspect that it was a standard Q & A compiled by an internal PR person. Question was asked, someone found the answer, no one thought very hard about it.

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
A bunch of misinformation in this article but one thing they said was that Taycan owners have “an average household income of over $900,000”. I guess it could be true if averaging in some billionaires?
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/test-drive-2021-porsche-taycan-cross-turismo-station-wagon
That cannot be true. I bought my Taycan for cash and my wife's Mercedes for cash and my sole source of income is social security. Which also leaves us enough $ each month to go out to dinner almost every night. Therefore most on social security can easily afford a Taycan or a Mercedes.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
That's about right from what I see in Pacific heights. There are 10-20 in the area alone and Marin Porsche is selling more than any other dealer in the nation I believe. Average income here is around $1m but actually much much higher due to the fact that many here don't take any traditional income at all. I'm right there for the average according to this, and near the bottom of the neighborhood.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Also keep in mind that the taycan is currently the highest priced EV available so even if you are way wealthier than most Porsche owners the taycan is your only game in town
Sponsored