Mr Hockey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone know what this option is / does ? It came with my Taycan but we cannot figure out what this option is. I've asked two dealers (my salesman and a different dealer where we actually reside) and cannot get an answer. They just don't seem to know or can't be bothered following it up, although they each say they'll follow up but never do.... The Porsche logo strip on the back is hard to see and does not seem to light up / illuminate.

Any guidance will be appreciated. I'm trying to understand the option we had to pay for...

thanks
Sponsored

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
Does anyone know what this option is / does ? It came with my Taycan but we cannot figure out what this option is. I've asked two dealers (my salesman and a different dealer where we actually reside) and cannot get an answer. They just don't seem to know or can't be bothered following it up, although they each say they'll follow up but never do.... The Porsche logo strip on the back is hard to see and does not seem to light up / illuminate.

Any guidance will be appreciated. I'm trying to understand the option we had to pay for...

thanks
The Porsche lettering is black instead of silver. The black lettering is an $850 option.

Last edited:

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag

thanks
None of the logo strips illuminates unfortunately. The color is just different from the standard. Background is lighter and text is black.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Shocking 2 dealers don't know what's up! :rolleyes: When in doubt - check the online configurator.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
The Porsche lettering is black instead of silver. The black lettering is an $850 option.
It's not "silver"... it's "off" white, isn't it? The standard PORSCHE lettering on the back of the Taycan looks plasticky white to me, up close... I thought from the earlier prototypes that the PORSCHE letters would light up at night, but I guess they decided against that (probably for the better) ...

Porsche Taycan 8SP Light Strip with Porsche Logo in Black Taycan4S_rearletters

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Here is mine, it’s hard to take a good picture due to glare, but I think it looks really good:

Porsche Taycan 8SP Light Strip with Porsche Logo in Black E6419677-54CF-4911-BD02-5D8D25541ACF

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I thought from the earlier prototypes that the PORSCHE letters would light up at night, but I guess they decided against that (probably for the better) ...
Key word: prototype!

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I believe that the idea was for "Porsche" to light up, but some jurisdictions prohibit what they intended, so they basically scrapped it.

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
here you go, the Porsche lettering and model name in black

Porsche Taycan 8SP Light Strip with Porsche Logo in Black tempImageUQohxw

OP
OP

Mr Hockey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag

thanks
Further update - my salesman at one dealer finally responded but still can't get the service rep at my home dealership to respond. My goodness, responsivity and follow up just isn't there at Porsche. The Porsche Connect group are even more of a black hole.

As you've all stated, the strip doesn't illuminate but its also not all that reflective. One really has to stare closely to spot the Porsche logo. My car also comes with the Taycan 4S name painted in the body color and I had to pay extra for that, too. This was purchased fairly loaded off the dealer lot but it just seems odd to me that the two items above are expensive options for what they are and they are relatively indistinguishable so I don't think they add anything to the car.

thanks all for responding.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
As you've all stated, the strip doesn't illuminate but its also not all that reflective. One really has to stare closely to spot the Porsche logo. My car also comes with the Taycan 4S name painted in the body color and I had to pay extra for that, too. This was purchased fairly loaded off the dealer lot but it just seems odd to me that the two items above are expensive options for what they are and they are relatively indistinguishable so I don't think they add anything to the car.
Part of my rationale for getting the black PORSCHE lettering is to not draw so much attention to the car, when you're parked in certain "dicey" areas...

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Part of my rationale for getting the black PORSCHE lettering is to not draw so much attention to the car, when you're parked in certain "dicey" areas...
Ya, I specc’d it to be stealth…same reason I deleted all badging. Not so much for seedy areas or nefarious characters, just never loved advertising company’s logos of items I’ve paid dearly to purchase. I love that Porsche allows for this. :)
Sponsored