Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Be nice if the producres could spell "Taycan" correctly ! ("Tycan Product Manager" :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
Liked the video, Porsche rep said battery likes to be hot, 90 degrees or hotter before charging, interesting to know.
Wow, I didn’t think it was possible to take such an incredible exciting car and make it seem so dull, listening to that interview felt like attending a mandatory seventh grade science lecture by a teacher who is clearly tired of his job.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Wow, I didn’t think it was possible to take such an incredible exciting car and make it seem so dull, listening to that interview felt like attending a mandatory seventh grade science lecture by a teacher who is clearly tired of his job.
Yah, Mr Leno was not overly enthused by the prospects of an electric Porsche....... I wonder why..... I know he at least used to love Teslas but here he was like a wet blanket........ too bad for him. :cool:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I completely agree. I have never seen such a dull review by Jay. Maybe a bad day or maybe Porsche should have sent an engineer for that interview, though I like Calvin. Jay seems to chime in more with folks who would know what the power ratio of front to rear motors was off the top of their heads. But unclear that would have been enough.
Bummer...

FYI: I heard Jay had 2 shots that day so maybe just tired. A real shame on his lack of enthusiasm. Compare that to Chris Harris / TopGear.
"A smoker in a Porsche, I haven NEVER done that in an EV..." and he has driven many other EVs. :cool:

Last edited:

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Yes, that was the least enthusiastic reaction I've ever seen to a new car.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Well to be fair he didn’t look very alert or high energy, maybe its something else. He did ask good questions that were directly relevant to an EV of Taycan’s design.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Well to be fair he didn’t look very alert or high energy, maybe its something else. He did ask good questions that were directly relevant to an EV of Taycan’s design.
I think anyone here on this forum could have asked better questions and done a better job.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I enjoyed this one. Perhaps it's because I'm Finnish, but I wasn't bothered by Jay's energy levels. It was an interesting talk even though I knew about pretty much everything already :)

It bothers me more to see someone being overenthusiastic about the car and the video being pretty much the driver saying "wow" and "this drives well", and that's it. Most videos I've seen are on that spectrum, so it was refreshing to see something like this.

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
I think anyone here on this forum could have asked better questions and done a better job.
I don’t think anyone on this forum is a high paid professional entertainer who’s job is to be enthusiastic, and entertaining either.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
If that was the only video I saw of the Taycan, I would keep looking for another car. I suppose it wasn't Jay's job to "sell" the car, but he acted as if this car was no big deal. I think that's the disconnect. That is, the Taycan is a major addition to the EV market and he treated it like a new Corolla.

For shame.
Sponsored