riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Took delivery of my 2022 CT4 yesterday in Plano, TX. Walked into an allocation in late August and less than 3 months later she's here. The whole process was as silky smooth as it gets, and my SA Josh was great. Excellent communication throughout, and the delivery was perfect. Really love the color. I saw it on a 911 Heritage Targa and knew it was the one for me. It's so dynamic depending on the lighting.

Immediately after I took delivery, I drove her over 650 miles back home to El Paso, TX. Sadly, Plug and Charge didn't work because the connect store wasn't allowing me to sign the free charging contract without causing an error, but all 6 EA stops I used along the corridor between Dallas and El Paso worked fantastically. Every 350kW charger except one hit over 250kW speeds, and the slowest one was at 190kW. Since Texas EA chargers are by the minute, each stop cost me roughly $2-3, and less than $15 to get home. I would elaborate more since it's a lengthy road trip, but if you have ever driven between El Paso and Dallas along I-10 and I-20, there's not much to write home about other than a few oil fields and lots of desert. Funny enough, my fastest charge came in Midland, Texas at 265kW, one of the Mecca's of Texas oil.

Today she is in the shop for some tinting.

Porsche Taycan Delivered: Cherry Taycan 4 Cross Turismo CT4 4

Porsche Taycan Delivered: Cherry Taycan 4 Cross Turismo CT4 2 remix

Porsche Taycan Delivered: Cherry Taycan 4 Cross Turismo CT4 1

Porsche Taycan Delivered: Cherry Taycan 4 Cross Turismo CT4 3

campkel

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Congratulations! My Mamba Green Taycan 4s is sitting at the El Paso Porsche dealer as of last night. Hopefully get to pick it up tomorrow.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
What a beauty! Enjoy!
After 4+ months wait for my Ice Grey 4S…she‘s awaiting me tomorrow (CA)…and I’ll drive her 200 mi up home. Doubt I’ll sleep much tonight! probably take me back to being a kid trying to sleep on Christmas Eve… ;)

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi

I just checked the price of EA in Texas and this is super cheap. It is 16 cents per min from 1-90 kilowatts. 20 minutes charger will cost you $3.20.

in Nevada the cost is 43 cents per kilowatt with make 80KW at $34.4.

I doubt it will stay that way in Texas but can someone explain the difference?

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Ouch! When I charge at home, I pay $.145 per kwh. $.43 sounds super high.
At home this is 12 cents per kilowatt but that does not explain why EA is so cheap. That make the kilowatt at arround 4 cents per kw in TX

OP
OP
riburn3

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
At home this is 12 cents per kilowatt but that does not explain why EA is so cheap. That make the kilowatt at arround 4 cents per kw in TX
But really just for our car and I guess Lucid in time based markets. Since it's time based faster cars are rewarded, so a Chevy bolt or even a Tesla will end up paying a lot more for their top up since they will take longer.

I also got lucky in that every station had a 350kW station in operation, and nearly all of them gave me full power. Had I used the 150kW chargers it would have cost me more.

The charging curve was great for me. Held 250kW until nearly 54% every time and never really dropped below 170 or 180 until knocking on 75-80%. I guess whatever changes they made for the 22 models are helping.

Viswaa

First Name
Vis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan BMWi3s
Country flag
Took delivery of my 2022 CT4 yesterday in Plano, TX. Walked into an allocation in late August and less than 3 months later she's here. The whole process was as silky smooth as it gets, and my SA Josh was great. Excellent communication throughout, and the delivery was perfect. Really love the color. I saw it on a 911 Heritage Targa and knew it was the one for me. It's so dynamic depending on the lighting.

Immediately after I took delivery, I drove her over 650 miles back home to El Paso, TX. Sadly, Plug and Charge didn't work because the connect store wasn't allowing me to sign the free charging contract without causing an error, but all 6 EA stops I used along the corridor between Dallas and El Paso worked fantastically. Every 350kW charger except one hit over 250kW speeds, and the slowest one was at 190kW. Since Texas EA chargers are by the minute, each stop cost me roughly $2-3, and less than $15 to get home. I would elaborate more since it's a lengthy road trip, but if you have ever driven between El Paso and Dallas along I-10 and I-20, there's not much to write home about other than a few oil fields and lots of desert. Funny enough, my fastest charge came in Midland, Texas at 265kW, one of the Mecca's of Texas oil.

Today she is in the shop for some tinting.

4.jpg

2 remix.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg
Congrats. Mine is on ship. Same color and changed from neptune blue to cherry after seeing the 50 heritage targa

Last edited:
OP
OP
riburn3

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Congrats. Mine is on ship. Same colors and changed from neptune blue to cherry after seeing the 50 heritage targa
I would have never considered the color until I saw it in the flesh on a Targa. Just surreal how much the color changes depending on lighting.

I've had 3 people wave me down on the road just to tell me how beautiful it was and my Ceramic coating guy said it was probably one of his favorite jobs because the color was so great.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Congrats! Can't say enough love about the Cherry Red, you made a wise choice there!

Here's my 2021 4S, mid-summer (July. 2021)

Porsche Taycan Delivered: Cherry Taycan 4 Cross Turismo CT4 zUntitled

Just hitting home how different the car looks at different times of day. This was at sunset and the sky was getting orange ... made the 4S look metallic burgundy.

Anyway, congrats, enjoy your beautiful ride!

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
It’s similar to the vintage Arena red color. I had a 911 turbo s in that color and didn’t like it in anything less that bright sunlight (which looked amazing) but otherwise looked purple to me (and most of my friends)

OP
OP
riburn3

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
It’s similar to the vintage Arena red color. I had a 911 turbo s in that color and didn’t like it in anything less that bright sunlight (which looked amazing) but otherwise looked purple to me (and most of my friends)
Yeah Arena Red to me is just different shades of purple. It is a lot more pigmented and even in the light looks purple to me. I wish I had taken a photo at cars and coffee this past weekend of my car next to an older Arena Red turbo 911. The Arena Red even in the bright West Texas sun looked way darker.
Sponsored