First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN6R9T13

Swapped my Turbo order for GTS this morning. I had an expression of interest in with the dealer since September so I should be one of the first to get a GTS… whenever that is.

to be honest I’m very happy with what porsche have brought. Identical touque to the turbo but with many of the options I had to add to my turbo already included.

I’ll save £19,000 over the turbo and I think it’s better. I’m happy. Just give me my car!!!

C911023E-BD4D-459C-8F0C-B5DF2323E5F4.png
My dealer was quite specific that i could not swap my order once i had committed to a model, if i did he said I would go to the back of the queue ??‍♂

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Yes - has been mentioned earlier. Go to the microsite for the GTS and you'll see the detail (available to order across the range from Jan 22 and physically available on the GTS from 03/22)

One other thing I've noticed from the configurator pictures is that the interior shots show 'Gravel' mode on the central display .... could there also be a CT GTS looming or just an oversight?
My build locks in December, I wonder if I would be able to add this new roof...

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
My dealer was quite specific that i could not swap my order once i had committed to a model, if i did he said I would go to the back of the queue ??‍♂
I'm further back in the "queue" to get a Taycan of some description than I was in the Turbo, as I've just moved my deposit over. There were only 5 other people with money down on GTS besides me at my dealer before launch day. So I'll definitely get one of the first GTS slots. It just depends when Porsche decide that is. Will it be after my now-cancelled Turbo's Feb 22 build.... Probably.

But I can wait a bit more if I need to. Worst case scenario, my lease car goes back and I just bomb round in the 996 all summer making loads of noise (straight pipes, no sound system ?) .

I bet you will be able to get a Turbo quicker now the GTS is out. I'm sure I'm not the only one cancelling their order in favour of the GTS...

Last edited:

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
My options:
  • Mamba Green Metallic
  • Black leather interior (in place of racetex too much on the dash for my liking) No cost option
  • Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus (GTS should be a performance car)
  • Brake Calipers painted in Black (high-gloss) Red calipers clash with the green/black colour scheme
  • 21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels (obviously)
  • Ambient lighting (vibes)
  • Accent package painted in exterior colour
  • Carbon interior package (because racecar)
  • Heated Race-Tex steering wheel with carbon trim for leather interior with Sport Chrono (A touch of racetex as a nod to the GTS)
  • Vehicle key painted with key pouch leather (pure frivolity)
  • I would go mamba deviated stitching if it wasn't a crazy price. But it is, so I'm not.

Porsche Taycan ? World Premiere: 2022 Taycan GTS Sedan and GTS Sport Turismo iris

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
There were only 5 other people with money down on GTS besides me at my dealer before launch day.
I did exactly the same thing, except switching from a 4S to the GTS. I had a ton of options on the 4S, a lot of which come standard on the GTS, so it made sense as the cost was almost the same.
Dealer told me there were 4 others in front of me when I switched over. If you don’t mind me asking, which dealer are you using, Porsche Leeds?

Last edited:

Gt1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
Yes - has been mentioned earlier. Go to the microsite for the GTS and you'll see the detail (available to order across the range from Jan 22 and physically available on the GTS from 03/22)

One other thing I've noticed from the configurator pictures is that the interior shots show 'Gravel' mode on the central display .... could there also be a CT GTS looming or just an oversight?
When Porsche states (available to order across the range from Jan 22 and physically available on the GTS from 03/22) is that based on build date or upon delivery? I currently have an expected build allocation for February with an estimated delivery in April/May 2022. Will this likely mean my CT4S or GTS will not be equipped with the new roof? thx

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
When Porsche states (available to order across the range from Jan 22 and physically available on the GTS from 03/22) is that based on build date or upon delivery? I currently have an expected build allocation for February with an estimated delivery in April/May 2022. Will this likely mean my CT4S or GTS will not be equipped with the new roof? thx
I'm not sure it is that straightforward as it is not clear if the new roof feature replaces the existing option or if it is an additional upgrade. If the latter then unless you can incorporate into your build I don't think there is much you can do.

Sounds like your build lock down isn't for a while and therefore if the option appears on the configurator before that time you should be able to include in your build.

GTS models won't be delivered to customers until after March (I think) so there is a chance you can spec it before lock down and be delivered March onwards.

Your dealer should know more.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'm not sure it is that straightforward as it is not clear if the new roof feature replaces the existing option or if it is an additional upgrade. If the latter then unless you can incorporate into your build I don't think there is much you can do.
As this is Porsche, I'm expecting that both pano's will be offered as options, and that there'll be a cheeky premium for the fancier one.

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Only the roof and the new electric sound may have impressed me other than that its a complete rip off.
It looks expensive at first glance but there's a lot included as standard that I paid extra for on my 4SCT (18 way seats, numerous trim enhancements, Sport Chrono, PESS, etc). I haven't studied it forensically yet but a quick run through the configurator and I reckon that with a like for like spec, a GTS ST would have only cost me about £5K ($6.5K) more than my CT4S.

When Porsche ask you for £3.3K just to add a 'Sport Design Package' to a saloon (sedan), £5K for the GTS power upgrade, the body styling enhancements and the GTS badge (not to mention a likely better residual value) seems a bit of a bargain to me.

temoor

First Name
Porsche4S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
It looks expensive at first glance but there's a lot included as standard that I paid extra for on my 4SCT (18 way seats, numerous trim enhancements, Sport Chrono, PESS, etc). I haven't studied it forensically yet but a quick run through the configurator and I reckon that with a like for like spec, a GTS ST would have only cost me about £5K ($6.5K) more than my CT4S.

When Porsche ask you for £3.3K just to add a 'Sport Design Package' to a saloon (sedan), £5K for the GTS power upgrade, the body styling enhancements and the GTS badge (not to mention a likely better residual value) seems a bit of a bargain to me.

Well I agree to your point that we may have to dig in and see . Most of the options gts has i was never interested into that means if i get gts i still need to add 35 k of options which will take the cost to the skies.

Trex interior is a no for me , i will stick to leather

I wont be racing this car so extra power is unnecessary.

Yeah Roof option and gts sports sound I like it.

Carmine red is not the same red as it shows in videos and pictures . Its very orangish and pinkish in real and we need that color to show its a gts lol

Also sports facia is still not my choice as the regular looks way more classy .

So again so many things and again it comes down to what an individual really likes and what are his needs. I would recommend every one to take a deep breath , see some reviews and do the math and make a choice

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Well I agree to your point that we may have to dig in and see . Most of the options gts has i was never interested into that means if i get gts i still need to add 35 k of options which will take the cost to the skies.

Trex interior is a no for me , i will stick to leather

I wont be racing this car so extra power is unnecessary.

Yeah Roof option and gts sports sound I like it.

Carmine red is not the same red as it shows in videos and pictures . Its very orangish and pinkish in real and we need that color to show its a gts lol

Also sports facia is still not my choice as the regular looks way more classy .

So again so many things and again it comes down to what an individual really likes and what are his needs. I would recommend every one to take a deep breath , see some reviews and do the math and make a choice
...or wait until the ST body is available in all trim levels (can't believe that it won't in time) and have the precise model and build you actually want.

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
Long time lurker here who finally signed up since yesterday I put a deposit down to get the first ST GTS allocation at my local dealer. Was super close to putting an order/deposit in for a 4S CT but this GTS ST checks every box I wanted.

Ironically probably helps that I love alcantara/racetex and while I wish there were some color contrast options with the standard gts race Tex interior (such as the slate grey/black combo) I still like that can get the leather stitched dash along with the racetex lower and seats.

This will be the first Porsche I’ve ever ordered, but really looking forward to it. Will sit nicely next to my similarly optioned Evora GT (white, red calipers, satin black wheels, black/red interior).

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
My options:
  • Mamba Green Metallic
  • Black leather interior (in place of racetex too much on the dash for my liking) No cost option
  • Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus (GTS should be a performance car)
  • Brake Calipers painted in Black (high-gloss) Red calipers clash with the green/black colour scheme
  • 21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels (obviously)
  • Ambient lighting (vibes)
  • Accent package painted in exterior colour
  • Carbon interior package (because racecar)
  • Heated Race-Tex steering wheel with carbon trim for leather interior with Sport Chrono (A touch of racetex as a nod to the GTS)
  • Vehicle key painted with key pouch leather (pure frivolity)
  • I would go mamba deviated stitching if it wasn't a crazy price. But it is, so I'm not.

iris.jpeg
As a Performance car, why skip the PDCC?

NickUK

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A35
Country flag
Wish soft close doors were an option, after living with one for a few months I find myself re-closing the doors 50% of the time. The kids can never do it, they are seriously heavy
Sponsored