Porsche (or PCNA) deleted my car and my account, and customer support is worthless. How do I fix this?

Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last week I received an email from Porsche ([email protected]) that they removed my Tacan from my PorscheID account. No explanation was offered. It said if this was incorrect to contact them. I called the PCNA phone number given and after waiting on hold for 27 minutes was told to login to my account and add the car back myself.

So I attempted to login to my account and was unable to do so. Either they don't like my email address or my password. I tried resetting my password, but never received the reset email.

I sent an email to [email protected], it's been a week with no response.

I presume I can no longer get my "free" charges from EA since I can't log into my account.

Any suggestions on how I might be able to resolve this, other than selling my Taycan and buying something else?

Edit: there, I changed the title as some have helpfully suggested.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Last week I received an email from Porsche ([email protected]) that they removed my Tacan from my PorscheID account. No explanation was offered. It said if this was incorrect to contact them. I called the PCNA phone number given and after waiting on hold for 27 minutes was told to login to my account and add the car back myself.

So I attempted to login to my account and was unable to do so. Either they don't like my email address or my password. I tried resetting my password, but never received the reset email.

I presume I can no longer get my "free" charges from EA since I can't log into my account.

Any suggestions on how I might be able to resolve this, other than selling my Taycan and buying something else?
sell your tacan, youre not welcome anymore..

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag

My wife and I had run into similar issues with our Taycan and 992 because Porsche was confused as to the ownership. It was resolved by making me primary on the 992 with her secondary and her primary on the Taycan and me secondary. It was some sort of glitch with the system.

We do not have EA charging where we live so I am not sure about the answer to that.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If dealerships in AZ are anything like they are in Seattle, I understand coming to the forum first. The dealership has a crazy low batting average in terms of actually helping me resolve issues.

On average, it's just been a waste of time. Everything from non-sensical explanations for why my problem is a feature/by design, why it's user error, why it's EA and not Porsche, why it's the new iPhone and not Porsche, etc. etc.

If you ask on the forum, it's not uncommon to get a "I faced exactly this, here's exactly what you need to tell the service department to get it resolved".

OP
OP

Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This should have been the very first move. I don’t understand how he just skipped that.
I have contacted my dealership. But being the day before Thanksgiving, I don't expect any response until next week.

OP
OP

Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wait til you call roadside assistance. You know those irritating bank voice recognition systems? Porsche bought one that some bank had rejected because it was losing them customers.

Horrific is too kind a word here.
I have used Porsche roadside assistance in the past. I think next time I'll just use AAA.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Is your experience the same as this?

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have used Porsche roadside assistance in the past. I think next time I'll just use AAA.
This. In the US, I highly recommend getting AAA and at the very least having it as a backup plan.

I had a dead battery on my 911. First, at home: call, provide information including VIN, wait. Eventually a beat up, unmarked CRV drives up our driveway and a dude wearing a wife beater hops out. "Where's that Porsh?" Jump starts the car with one of those little portable units you can pick up at Costco, which struggled mightily. Eventually, we get it going. "Just drive it around, looks like it just lost charge". OK.

After a long trip of driving to run the battery back up, I take a highway offramp and the start-stop turns of the engine at the traffic light. And then, the car fails to start again. I was left stranded in the middle lane of three at the end of that offramp. Late night, dark grey 911. Battery completely dead, not even the emergency lights working.

I called Porsche Roadside again. After multiple minutes of stepping through options, and IIRC even giving them the VIN of my car again, the end result: "Sure, we can find somebody, but it's going to be at least a 45min wait!"

I called AAA. "Are you safe?" I explained the situation. "That doesn't sound safe, rerouting a truck now, ETA: less than 15 min". ~10 min later, the truck shows up.

I will never rely on Porsche Roadside Assistance again. It's a poorly run phone board patching you through to third rate roadside assistance.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Kindly send me your VIN, SSN, mother’s maiden name, and exact adjusted gross income on your tax return and I will fix this for you right away!

Seriously, are you sure you just didn’t get hacked? Cause that’s exactly what would happen if someone got in your account and changed your email/password. Why they would do that, I don’t know because I’m not a hacker. Which is why you can rest assured that it’s safe for you to send me the information requested above.

sincerely,
Nigerian Prince

Ronglos

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Taycan
Country flag
I have to stay off this forum. Starting to sound like the Tesla forum which caused me to never buy a Tesla. When I finally ordered a model S I came back and the same stuff caused me to cancel and eat the deposit. I don't want to cancel the Taycan. My Bolt after over one year has been problem free. Damn that evil GM.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Reactions: B61