First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi,

I called SiriusXM on Fri because my trial was ending. I got a pretty deal on a lower plan than that trial (I think that was Platinum).

When I got into my car later that day, I a message on the PCM indicated that my subscription had changed. I thought that was useful. There was no such message when I changed subscriptions in any previous cars.

But now, I keep getting that message...probably two out of three times after starting up the car. It is not really a problem. It is no longer new news.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks
Sponsored

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Hi,

I called SiriusXM on Fri because my trial was ending. I got a pretty deal on a lower plan than that trial (I think that was Platinum).

When I got into my car later that day, I a message on the PCM indicated that my subscription had changed. I thought that was useful. There was no such message when I changed subscriptions in any previous cars.

But now, I keep getting that message...probably two out of three times after starting up the car. It is not really a problem. It is no longer new news.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks
transition between trial and regular seems to be a common problem ( I had it and so have others)....hang in until after the trial period (3 mos I think) and the issues usually go away.......

twr3

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2) 2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had the same issue. Go on the XM Site and refresh your signal. Resolved it for me.

OP
OP

Tambrose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks for the replies.

I'm already past the end of the trial. I had extended the trial by 3 months and it was going to automatically renew on Oct 19.

I did a signal refresh this morning when I was sure I had clear signal. I got a notice about my subscription change shortly (a few min) after the refresh. Then I got another one a minute or two after that. I guess I'll see later today when I drive home from work.

OP
OP

Tambrose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I got the same notifications after work yesterday and then again this morning.
I’m hoping it clears itself up soon.

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
FWIW - I get that notice quite frequently on my one year old Ford 150 -- pops up for a few seconds and then disappears ... haven't noticed it on the Taycan so far......

blulite

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve been getting the message as well for a couple of weeks. Way past the trial, not sure what is up.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
My trial is over, I have no intention of subscribing, and I keep on getting this message. When using CarPlay, it blanks out the entire screen unless I press OK. How do I stop this from happening? Or do I have to wait until I crash because I was distracted trying to dismiss the popup and then sue from the grave?

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I equate Sirius radio with having a sharp stick poked in the eye, because hearing idiots talk while I'm driving is a fate worse than death. Yet I'm frequently getting those Sirius non-subscription update notifications that must be acknowledged to regain control of the user interface. If Sirius offered a subscription to silence non-subscription notifications for non-subscribers, I would be tempted to buy it.

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
I had the same issue. Go on the XM Site and refresh your signal. Resolved it for me.
I followed the "refresh SiriusXM" recommendation and the update messages disappeared.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I followed the "refresh SiriusXM" recommendation and the update messages disappeared.
I assumed I had to actually have a subscription to do that, but maybe not? Will try today. Thanks!

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I assumed I had to actually have a subscription to do that, but maybe not? Will try today. Thanks!
Nope didn’t work. Must have active subscription. Ironically it gave me the stupid pop up while I was trying to do this
Sponsored