OP

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you think Bill got special treatment to get one early? HAHAHA
He was one of owners of the 959 and when he had trouble getting it imported, got the "Show and Display" law passed. That law makes exemptions for cars that have fewer than 500 made, and can't be driven more that 2500 miles a year. Oh, that took 10 years to get done and the poor car just sat in a warehouse.

Point is that I am sure his dealer takes care of him when he wants a new car, not just because of his wealth.

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
Do you think Bill got special treatment to get one early? HAHAHA
I'm sure that as soon as they found out he was interested, they asked him for input during the development.
they probably flew a couple to him for testing prior to taking delivery of his own.

"Back in 1979, when Gates first started making big money off Microsoft, he decided to splurge on a luxury car: A Porsche 911 supercar, to be exact, as Business Insider pointed out. "I bought one thing that was a tiny bit of a splurge," Gates told David Rubenstein about the ride during a 2016 Bloomberg interview.Dec 21, 2017"

he probably has a nice collection of Porsches now.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
He was one of owners of the 959 and when he had trouble getting it imported, got the "Show and Display" law passed. That law makes exemptions for cars that have fewer than 500 made, and can't be driven more that 2500 miles a year. Oh, that took 10 years to get done and the poor car just sat in a warehouse.

Point is that I am sure his dealer takes care of him when he wants a new car, not just because of his wealth.
And here is an article about how Gates made that possible. He obviously has an affection for Porsche's. And the 959 was an amazing car.

https://www.motor1.com/news/76136/driving-a-porsche-959-in-the-us-thank-bill-gates/

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag