mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
I'm not super OCD but I will probably keep them on as long as I can. Once they become loaded with prints and simple cleaning doesn't improve the smudges, I will get rid of them.
Check Suncoast Porsche...they had sceen covers that I used for my 992 PCM screens....no prints and protected nicely just like the ones you put on say your iPhone or IPad. Plan to do the same when my Taycan arrives next year.

OP
OP
riburn3

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
That is awesome...so short wow. TO what level was that 85%?
No, during road trips you want to arrive at a charger with the lowest state of charge you feel comfortable with since it charges faster with less juice in the battery. Since it was my first time with the car, I gave myself a 20% cushion and each time I arrived with more than the car projected, even going over 80mph. Typically I would arrive at 25-30% charge and in that 10 minute period would pull away with like 70ish %.

Folks knock the range, but the car charges so fast it doesn't matter on road trips. I shave over an hour on similar trips in my CT4 compared to my previous Model S/X despite a lower rated range.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
No, during road trips you want to arrive at a charger with the lowest state of charge you feel comfortable with since it charges faster with less juice in the battery. Since it was my first time with the car, I gave myself a 20% cushion and each time I arrived with more than the car projected, even going over 80mph. Typically I would arrive at 25-30% charge and in that 10 minute period would pull away with like 70ish %.

Folks knock the range, but the car charges so fast it doesn't matter on road trips. I shave over an hour on similar trips in my CT4 compared to my previous Model S/X despite a lower rated range.
Thanks that is helpful. What level charging are you using on the road? At home what are you using? I have both level 1 charger 110 unit and also level 2 charger 240v NEMA 14-50 setup currently so hopefully it won't take that much to charge as my wife does use the level 2 charger for her BMW X3e and daily commute to work. I currently commute same miles about 20 each way daily plus a bit or fun about so thinking only need to charge up maybe twice a week when I am driving the CT4 as my daily...other times I swap out/rotate to my other cars to drive.

OP
OP
riburn3

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Thanks that is helpful. What level charging are you using on the road? At home what are you using? I have both level 1 charger 110 unit and also level 2 charger 240v NEMA 14-50 setup currently so hopefully it won't take that much to charge as my wife does use the level 2 charger for her BMW X3e and daily commute to work. I currently commute same miles about 20 each way daily plus a bit or fun about so thinking only need to charge up maybe twice a week when I am driving the CT4 as my daily...other times I swap out/rotate to my other cars to drive.
Road trips are typically level 3 fast charging. In the case of my road trip, was all done at EA fast chargers.

My home set up is also a 240v 14-50 setup. I rarely charge at home though because my employer also has free level 2 charging. My work schedule is weird in that I work a week on and then have a week off. My commute is 35 miles each way. I typically charge to 80% at work everyday. On my last work day, I'll charge to 90% or so, and that will usually give me enough for my week off, but sometimes I'll charge a single time at home, or if I'm in the right area, get some juice at an EA charger for free.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Beautiful car!! My car is specced with the same paint and interior colourway, and also the same wheels. Can't wait to take delivery :clap:

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
Congrats! Can't say enough love about the Cherry Red, you made a wise choice there!

Here's my 2021 4S, mid-summer (July. 2021)

zUntitled.jpg

Just hitting home how different the car looks at different times of day. This was at sunset and the sky was getting orange ... made the 4S look metallic burgundy.

Anyway, congrats, enjoy your beautiful ride!
Damn! This is how I built my GTS - cherry with the mission e cherry wheels - and I live in Canada and my name is Rob - wtf. Are you in or around Toronto - I was hoping to be the only one with this spec hahaha