UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive?

Discohead

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ipace, Macan GTS, TVR Chimaera 500
Country flag
Probably, plus I have chosen contrast stitching in green.
I had green stitching in my spec at one point but dropped. Would love to see a pic when you get it as I'd have loved to have been able to keep it.
Sponsored

Bazza

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne hybrid V6 (Taycan on order)
Country flag
Guildford Surrey.
Guildford Surrey!!
That’s where I ordered mine from early Sept.
I was told at the time to expect early next year.
Then on Fri after not hearing anything since Oct I got a reply - ‘looking like March allocation with a deliver to Guildford 3-4 weeks later’.
So 7 months!!
Hmmmm

Discohead

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Guildford Surrey!!
Then on Fri after not hearing anything since Oct I got a reply - ‘looking like March allocation with a deliver to Guildford 3-4 weeks later’.
So 7 months!!
Hmmmm
Compare that to a MG HS we recently purchased as a dog car. Went in Sunday, collected new car Tuesday. What chip shortage lol. Now, before anyone says it, I know it's not a Porsche or an EV but honestly I've never had to wait over 6 months for a "normal" model level car (4s). Lease on existing car ends mid Jan so going to be driving round in MG for a few weeks.

Bazza

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Compare that to a MG HS we recently purchased as a dog car. Went in Sunday, collected new car Tuesday. What chip shortage lol. Now, before anyone says it, I know it's not a Porsche or an EV but honestly I've never had to wait over 6 months for a "normal" model level car (4s). Lease on existing car ends mid Jan so going to be driving round in MG for a few weeks.
Good idea!
You probably won’t notice the difference between you MG HS and the Taycan when you get it - seamless change??.
But with 2nd hand prices so high (will they go higher?) I should probably flog my Cayenne now and lease an MG

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Guildford Surrey!!
So 7 months!!
Hmmmm
8 months is a normal time for orders placed around July on. I haven't heard much of a change on that when talking with OPC. In fact I heard that they stretch longer for order placed in autumn, but no actual evidence. All depends on allocations I would expect.

MJDCT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I was told today that the chips are not holding much up, it’s the Bull leather at the moment. Might be why RT and the GTS will come quicker, that’s of course if your not an idiot and spec a GTS with leather…….

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
My car was due to be built on 3/12/21 but I was phoned the following week to say it had not completed and had a new build completion date of 17/12/21. Then got a call today to say it completed last week on 10/12/21. What a shambles! I wonder if I will get it for Christmas? Might do if I am lucky.

Bazza

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
8 months is a normal time for orders placed around July on. I haven't heard much of a change on that when talking with OPC. In fact I heard that they stretch longer for order placed in autumn, but no actual evidence. All depends on allocations I would expect.
Lars you obviously haven’t read the earlier post of MJDCT - he ordered in August and he’s collecting today (ie just over 4 months)

Discohead

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car was due to be built on 3/12/21 but I was phoned the following week to say it had not completed and had a new build completion date of 17/12/21. Then got a call today to say it completed last week on 10/12/21. What a shambles! I wonder if I will get it for Christmas? Might do if I am lucky.
I don't think Porsche are very good at communicating to the OPC. We had a Macan GTS arrive a few weeks ahead of expected. They couldn't understand why we were getting emails to sign up the online app etc.

ElSemm

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S. Just sold a 992C2S & Taycan ST4S Ordered
Country flag
Ordered CT4S October, was told by Porsche Reading delivery late 22! Wondered if I should try another dealer.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Ordered CT4S October, was told by Porsche Reading delivery late 22! Wondered if I should try another dealer.
I too ordered CT4S in October, 3 dealers estimated Q3 or Q4 '22. Any variation might be down to varying realism of their estimates this far out.

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lars you obviously haven’t read the earlier post of MJDCT - he ordered in August and he’s collecting today (ie just over 4 months)
Yes - I saw that - maybe its because its a 4 not a 4S, or maybe just a cancelled allocation given over. It happened to a friend of mine where he got an allocation dropped in Sept when he ordered in June by chance (on a 911 which is now out to 2024 for a 4S Targa!)

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And it's here, less that 4 months after ordering! Nothing missing and two keys. Absolutely amazing service from Porsche Guildford.

77009BE6-A430-4F45-A7D4-FE49144BB319.jpg
Looks great - have fun!!

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
And it's here, less that 4 months after ordering! Nothing missing and two keys. Absolutely amazing service from Porsche Guildford.

77009BE6-A430-4F45-A7D4-FE49144BB319.jpg
Wow, looks amazing! Im struggling between blue and jet black metallic, look forward to some more pics!