ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well I wanted to share this with other current and future Taycan owners.

Suncoast Parts has a roof rack and several other accessories like wheels.
The roof rack is <$500, not bad I think. They also have a bike carrier attachment.
Looks like the roof size similar enough to the Panamera.
Note different order numbers with solid roof vs glass roof.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku9j1rack.html

Porsche Taycan Taycan roof rack and accessories Screenshot_20200219-221057

Link to other Taycan accessories / parts: https://www.suncoastparts.com/category/MAINTAYCAN.html

I have no association with Suncoast Parts.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm going to get a SeaSucker bike rack so it doesn't have to stay on there full time, just a couple minutes on/off.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
have seasucker racks on my Tesals, works even on the X. They are great, one just have to take care of them with the supplied “covers” so they are always properly concave in all temperatures.
Do they leave a mark on the paint? Seems a much easier option that installing and removing the racks. Thinking of getting them for my Panamera and transferring to the Taycan when it arrives.

Thanks for the tip!

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Do they leave a mark on the paint? Seems a much easier option that installing and removing the racks. Thinking of getting them for my Panamera and transferring to the Taycan when it arrives.

Thanks for the tip!
have them mounted on the glass section as of now and no problems with that....... will have to test on a painted surface ...... maybe with a transparent film for the sucktion pads........

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm going to get a SeaSucker bike rack so it doesn't have to stay on there full time, just a couple minutes on/off.
have seasucker racks on my Tesals, works even on the X. They are great, one just have to take care of them with the supplied “covers” so they are always properly concave in all temperatures.
@Administrator just posted these pics. Looks like seasucker snowboard rack attached.

Porsche Taycan roof rack ski rack.jpg

Porsche Taycan roof rack ski rack 3.gif

Porsche Taycan roof rack ski rack 2.gif

Porsche Taycan roof rack ski rack 1.gif

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Suncoast is an authorized Porsche dealer, selling OEM Porsche parts. They are very reputable. Do not hesitate to order from them.
Yes, they are a Porsche dealership......Suncoast Porsche is where I bought my wife's Boxster back in 2013. They gave me a much better deal after the local dealers in Atlanta would not budge on their prices. We took a mini vacation to Florida when we picked it up....BTW.....in 7 years, that was the only long distance drive we had, so since then, no range issues......:CWL::CWL::CWL:....We fly when we take vacations

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Be aware that the roof bars are only able to be connected to a Taycan with the glass roof. There are no mounting lugs with the standard roof, so you would have to use seasucker or similar without the pano roof.
I have ordered roof bars with the car and will log some information on range losses with a roof box and a bike attached once I have the data.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Be aware that the roof bars are only able to be connected to a Taycan with the glass roof. There are no mounting lugs with the standard roof, so you would have to use seasucker or similar without the pano roof.
I have ordered roof bars with the car and will log some information on range losses with a roof box and a bike attached once I have the data.
Any data yet Jonathan?

Also saw an interesting video from Bjørn Nyland on having the roof box reversed providing lower drag and less noise, tested on a Model 3.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Notice it's the same photo, so I think they are the exact same product. I think Porsche just re-sells Suncoast Parts or maybe via versa. ;)
These are most likely OEM'd from THULE (Sweden) who make all the racks, carriers, boxes and so on.

Annoyingly, you can't source the foot pack necessary to fit the Taycan from Thule (the one Porsche they don't list currently) and I assume Porsche are preventing this until they've made some money at it.

Not ideal when you (like I) have a pre-existing investment in many Thule attachments and so I need to be patient a while longer :(
Sponsored