epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Thank you, good to read. How well did the climate control work in these temperatures?

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

OP
OP
FrozenRobert

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Observations:

#1 the HVAC was impeccable. I want heat? Boom -- it's warm in the cabin, no delay. Heated seats? Bam! Done. Visibility / frost / condensation? Nothing. Nada. The Taycan was a champ.

#2 Power was absolutely a blast on the icy wintry roads (observing all local traffic laws of course) -- I was able to swing out the rear end on a couple of side roads just for fun, before the nanny controls kicked in. FUN (ALL CAPS).

#3 Range dropped by about 30% I would say, but you must remember I live in Canada and the winter climate here is extreme. Right now it's -18C and that's considered "balmy". But I did notice the range decline more than usual.

Porsche Taycan How does a Taycan 4S respond in -25C weather? DSCF3420

Y1BDB1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, CT4S
Country flag
Driving home in a blizzard in stop and go traffic. It pulls a bit of power when the battery is that cold.
Porsche Taycan How does a Taycan 4S respond in -25C weather? IMG_3018.JPG

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Does Canada – a metric country – still measure pressure in PSI instead of bar – or is this just your preferred units ?

Y1BDB1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, CT4S
Country flag
Does Canada – a metric country – still measure pressure in PSI instead of bar – or is this just your preferred units ?
Most older Canadians are fairly fluent in metric and imperial although metric is more common, tire pressures in psi have stuck around. It seems a more convenient unit over kPa or bar that never caught on. Most tape measures you’ll find show feet and metres. Vehicle power in horsepower and ft lbs are more common as well.
Sponsored