felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
It seems that the «blue» car has the rear view camera, but the “orange” one doesn’t. The charge port on the “blue” one seems to be placed a bit forward compared to the “orange” one. I didn’t notice this before I looked at the recent spy pictures of the Taycan in Copenhagen, which has the charge port placed as the “orange” one without rear view camera.
The CT show car also had those little “tabs” by the charge ports but they were not cameras they were the buttons to open and close the charge ports.......... don’t know here but sorry to say still probably have the same function........
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The CT show car also had those little “tabs” by the charge ports but they were not cameras they were the buttons to open and close the charge ports.......... don’t know here but sorry to say still probably have the same function........
How do you know that?

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
How do you know that?
because the porsche rep that showed me the car up close and personal showed me how you opened the charge port. actually they have two systems ont the show car either swipe your hand in front of the charge port......or when that does not work..... ooops.....then go for the more hands on little push bar....... the one that you hope is also a camera.... maybe it is in later confits but the one that i saw in use was defenetly not a camera but rather a push bar to open the charge port with....... also i think it is located far too close to the body to be effective as a camera. it would have to be mounted more like the ones on the e-tron SUV to work properly as a mirror.........

Reactions: SHY

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Mercedes R-Class, Saab 9-5, Mac Minarelli X30 gokart
Country flag
because the porsche rep that showed me the car up close and personal showed me how you opened the charge port. actually they have two systems ont the show car either swipe your hand in front of the charge port......or when that does not work..... ooops.....then go for the more hands on little push bar....... the one that you hope is also a camera.... maybe it is in later confits but the one that i saw in use was defenetly not a camera but rather a push bar to open the charge port with....... also i think it is located far too close to the body to be effective as a camera. it would have to be mounted more like the ones on the e-tron SUV to work properly as a mirror.........
Good observation!

But it has been stated from Porsche that camera mirrors will be an option? Can you see the cams on the Mission E?

The e-Tron solution looks horrible IMO, I’d rather take conventional mirrors over that solution.

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It's in no way stated by Porsche but the Mission E had them.
So I was looking for them on the Taycan but it could well be sensors of some kind.
If they are going to offer them I have to see them first irl but I like to have them if they look nice.
Like you said on the E-tron, they're looking hideous.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
It's in no way stated by Porsche but the Mission E had them.
So I was looking for them on the Taycan but it could well be sensors of some kind.
If they are going to offer them I have to see them first irl but I like to have them if they look nice.
Like you said on the E-tron, they're looking hideous.
Not only that, the journalists who have driven the e Tron universally hate the cameras. The screens are positioned too low on the door and are subject to wash out in glare. Not great to say the least

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Country flag

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm excited to see they also test the rear view cameras.
Audi has them (and Lexus) so I suspect them to be as an option in my country too!
Other than that, I don't suspect the Taycan will look like an electric Panamera, this is just a mule...
2019-02-12_09.31.07.jpg
Can only see this on the right side. And as stated by others it may just be a sensor for opening the charge port. At least it’s that as well :D

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Country flag
Both sides have charge ports though.
Yeah I saw that. Strange the don't have the sensor on both sides... also messes up my OCD :D

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Yeah I saw that. Strange the don't have the sensor on both sides... also messes up på OCD :D
It does.
Only the blue Taycan has them (the one that's blue underneath).
I hope that'll ease your OCD (it worked for me though :D)
Porsche Taycan Most detailed Taycan spy pics yet, with first look at carbon ceramic brakes 2019-03-27_08.42.15

Last edited: