Is there a speed alarm setting in the Taycan?

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I will be receiving my Taycan CT 4S shortly. I read the manual and I have a hard time finding if there is or not a speed alarm setting. In my BMW, I can set an alarm for that: For example at 118KM knowing the maximum speed limit for not catching a police ticket is 120KM. When the vehicle reaches that speed, it produce once a "ding" such you know you have passed it. This is quite useful when you live in an area where radar detector are not allowed. Thanks
Sponsored

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I will be receiving my Taycan CT 4S shortly. I read the manual and I have a hard time finding if there is or not a speed alarm setting. In my BMW, I can set an alarm for that: For example at 118KM knowing the maximum speed limit for not catching a police ticket is 120KM. When the vehicle reaches that speed, it produce once a "ding" such you know you have passed it. This is quite useful when you live in an area where radar detector are not allowed. Thanks
Yes there is this ability. See below from Good to Know App. There is separately also a speed limiter function built into the cruise control stalk if you want more than just the warning message and tone.
Porsche Taycan Is there a speed alarm setting in the Taycan? 2582F04F-6D17-489F-8E9A-32711D73DAD1

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Not what you asked about…but there’s also a speed alarm in the connect app to get a notification if the car exceeds a speed.

I’ve so far been successful at hiding this information from my wife.

Porsche Taycan Is there a speed alarm setting in the Taycan? 95F25C32-702B-46A0-A95A-7985E9938B0D

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
There is a “dynamic” speed warning which takes the speed limit signs into account. One can set the alarm (could be a red outline flashing around the relevant speed sign) at a given number of mph above the official speed limit indicated by the sign. However, I think the highest delta is +5 mph vs. the speed limit.

OP
OP
AnloTaycan2022

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
The Good to Know app.... I have an Ipad and an Iphone.... with both, impossible to load the car manual. I tried all years available for the Taycan and even a 911, and nothing download. Have you had such issues?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The Good to Know app.... I have an Ipad and an Iphone.... with both, impossible to load the car manual. I tried all years available for the Taycan and even a 911, and nothing download. Have you had such issues?
Nope all good on iPad and Android.

You can Google the manual and download the PDF version.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have been trying for the past 4 days to load the manual from the Porsche Good to Know App. I have Android phone and tablet. The app itself will install but after I select Taycan manual download, status shows 2 % for hours. I have reported it to 1-800-Porsche. The two agents I have dealt with have been no help so far.

Please report the problem to customer support. Maybe if enough people contact them, someone in IT will restart the download system server.

obscurelyfamous

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chalk Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have been trying for the past 4 days to load the manual from the Porsche Good to Know App. I have Android phone and tablet. The app itself will install but after I select Taycan manual download, status shows 2 % for hours. I have reported it to 1-800-Porsche. The two agents I have dealt with have been no help so far.

Please report the problem to customer support. Maybe if enough people contact them, someone in IT will restart the download system server.
Same issue for me.

It’s worked for me in the past. After trying on newer devices recently I can’t get it downloaded anymore.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same issue for me.

It’s worked for me in the past. After trying on newer devices recently I can’t get it downloaded anymore.
Please report it to Porsche NA. If enough of us report it, maybe it will get fixed.
Sponsored