Quality issues/questions on newly delivered MY 22 Taycan

gtCarrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hello everyone! I just have my Taycan delivered by the end of 2021. The dealers worked really hard to get as many Taycans out as possible (to avoid dramas on the $7500 US tax credit). I was really excited and enjoyed driving the car! However, in 2 days I discovered some issues...
1. For my car, there was literally ZERO hot air from the AC. Luckily it's not too cold in the SF bay area now, but I still took the car back the the dealer. They said a pump is broken. They also told me among the 7 Taycans they rushed to deliver by end of 2021, 3 of them have this issue.
2. The famous alarm running off issue. Yes it surprised me the first time it ran off in my garage. Ironically, when I send the car back to check on the heater issue, the alarm ran off several times everyday on the dealer's lot. :CWL::CWL::CWL:

So my questions are:
1. I'm wondering if anyone ran into the similar issue on the heater? Based on my dealer's info, seems like it's a widespread issue recently?
2. The alarm issue, I did some research on this forum, but does anyone know if Porsche has a solution on it? My dealer told me Porsche is working on some fix but it's not here yet, did anyone notice any recent update?

So excited to have the car, but so sad right now I can only enjoy the Macan loaner (nice cute car, still)...
Sponsored

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Hello everyone! I just have my Taycan delivered by the end of 2021. The dealers worked really hard to get as many Taycans out as possible (to avoid dramas on the $7500 US tax credit). I was really excited and enjoyed driving the car! However, in 2 days I discovered some issues...
1. For my car, there was literally ZERO hot air from the AC. Luckily it's not too cold in the SF bay area now, but I still took the car back the the dealer. They said a pump is broken. They also told me among the 7 Taycans they rushed to deliver by end of 2021, 3 of them have this issue.
2. The famous alarm running off issue. Yes it surprised me the first time it ran off in my garage. Ironically, when I send the car back to check on the heater issue, the alarm ran off several times everyday on the dealer's lot. :CWL::CWL::CWL:

So my questions are:
1. I'm wondering if anyone ran into the similar issue on the heater? Based on my dealer's info, seems like it's a widespread issue recently?
2. The alarm issue, I did some research on this forum, but does anyone know if Porsche has a solution on it? My dealer told me Porsche is working on some fix but it's not here yet, did anyone notice any recent update?

So excited to have the car, but so sad right now I can only enjoy the Macan loaner (nice cute car, still)...
I might have the heater issue. I say might because the first few hours after I picked up the car, working the PCM in my garage at 70F didnt feel any heat from the vent. Since then the heater seems to be working or I/my family may be too layered up.

The alarm is a nuisance. Most days seems okay but some days it gets bad, I have to the keep the car unlocked.

I also have another issue with plug and charge option missing on the PCM charging option.

My service appt is on Jan 25th. Which dealer did you get the car from?

Last edited:
OP
OP

gtCarrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I might have the heater issue. I say might because the first few hours after I picked up the car, working the PCM in my garage at 70F didnt feel any heat from the vent. Since then the heater seems to be working or I/my family may be too layered up.

The alarm is a nuisance. Most days seems okay but some days it gets bad, I have to the keep the car unlocked.

I also have another issue with plug and charge option missing on the PCM charging option.

My service appt is on Jan 25th. Which dealer did you get the car from?
I got it from Porsche Redwood City. The dealer is helpful but apparently there's not much they can do.

I don't have any impression on the plug and charge option in the PCM either, maybe I just overlooked it.

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
I wonder if Porsche uses the same supplier for the heater as Jaguar. So far my MY19 has been ok but they are also dropping like flies and with massive wait times for replacements. Conjecture that either Webasto or BorgWarner are the manufacturers. Naturally will be worried it my happen on my MY22 CT when it arrives.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am astonished that dealers are delivering vehicles which have fundamental issues / faults some of which appear to be present prior to customer collection.

It sounds like Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI) are not thorough enough.

Both heater failure and alarm issues should have been picked up prior to collection as the coincidence of these faults is just too high.

Sadly, both are common faults on MY22 cars reported on this forum and typically require replacement parts to rectify.

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
I picked up my CT 4S about 5 days ago. But it is actually classified as a late MY21 model because the car was actually made in July/Aug but delayed due to the semi conductor shortage.

I appreciate I've only had it for a week but so far everything seems to work perfectly (hope I'm not speaking too soon ?)

I've heard a few MY22 cars with problems so I can't help but feel they've made some changes to the MY22 cars but not ironed out the gremlins before delivering them

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
So my questions are:
My Taycan 2022 RWD was delivered Dec 18 and so far (knock on wood) I have not seen these. The only problem was the loss of Apple CarPlay for a day. I do keep my car in a garage which has pretty good WiFi connection (I'm not sure if this has any effect on the operation of the car). I have driven my car in temps as low as around 20 degrees F.

2HorseRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Porsche 991.2 GT3
Country flag
My Taycan 2022 RWD was delivered Dec 18 and so far (knock on wood) I have not seen these. The only problem was the loss of Apple CarPlay for a day. I do keep my car in a garage which has pretty good WiFi connection (I'm not sure if this has any effect on the operation of the car). I have driven my car in temps as low as around 20 degrees F.
I also took delivery of a 2022 RWD and I have not experienced issues with the heater or alarm going off but I had a similar issue with Apple CarPlay.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I had a similar issue with Apple CarPlay.
I'm not sure what I did to fix it. I turned Bluetooth off and then on, and even rebooted my iPhone. I had a message on the PCM screen 'No device connected'. But what was odd was that I was able to play music from my iPhone but the CarPlay UI would not launch.

By the next morning it was working again.

OP
OP

gtCarrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm not sure what I did to fix it. I turned Bluetooth off and then on, and even rebooted my iPhone. I had a message on the PCM screen 'No device connected'. But what was odd was that I was able to play music from my iPhone but the CarPlay UI would not launch.

By the next morning it was working again.
Did you use the wireless CarPlay, or the wired? I used the wireless one and the switch was pretty smooth, just click the device icon on the right side of PCM and switch between bluetooth/carplay.

Last edited:
OP
OP

gtCarrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

So my questions are:

OK my car is back from the dealer. It's one day earlier than expected, probably because it keeps bothering them with the alarms (ran off 5 times on their lot in one night). The heater issue has been fixed, as the dealer fixed the "additional coolant pump" that was previously broken. I totally agree this should have been discovered in the PDI, but the delivery process was in a great mess since they were trying to get most of the Taycan out before 2022. So PDI must be in a rush.

For the alarm issue, they told me there is still no fix, so I have to lock with two clicks.

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
I got it from Porsche Redwood City. The dealer is helpful but apparently there's not much they can do.

I don't have any impression on the plug and charge option in the PCM either, maybe I just overlooked it.
I got the car from the same dealership.

OP
OP

gtCarrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I got the car from the same dealership.
Cool, they're pretty helpful on my case, but a little short of hands due to COVID.

For the heater, I set the vent mode to diffused, and could definitely feed the cold air on my feet.

I just checked my car, I don't have the plug and charge option in PCM either. Maybe a "feature" for MY22?

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Cool, they're pretty helpful on my case, but a little short of hands due to COVID.

For the heater, I set the vent mode to diffused, and could definitely feed the cold air on my feet.

I just checked my car, I don't have the plug and charge option in PCM either. Maybe a "feature" for MY22?
I checked my heater and seems to be working fine.

Some of the forum members with MY22 have reported seeing the options on PCM for plug and charge. Wondering why we are not seeing it, software bug?. I did try charing at nearby EA charger and all seemed to work fine. My SA advise is if all works ok, dont bring the car in,..who knows
Sponsored