Quality issues/questions on newly delivered MY 22 Taycan

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
I updated my post to suggest you check that you've activated the 3 Years free charging on Electrify America. That might be a pre-req.
I think it was done. I see my contract being active for a year only. Read somewhere in the forum the contract needs to be reactivated for year 2 and 3.

Porsche Taycan Quality issues/questions on newly delivered MY 22 Taycan Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 11.36.52 PM
Sponsored

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think it was done. I see my contract being active for a year only. Read somewhere in the forum the contract needs to be reactivated for year 2 and 3.

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 11.36.52 PM.png
Let me know what you find out at the dealer. I’m very curious now.

Last edited:

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
I checked my heater and seems to be working fine.

Some of the forum members with MY22 have reported seeing the options on PCM for plug and charge. Wondering why we are not seeing it, software bug?. I did try charing at nearby EA charger and all seemed to work fine. My SA advise is if all works ok, dont bring the car in,..who knows
I agree, if it works don’t let them touch it, they have no clue, very limited experience and I am in a state were Taycan are not rare….I only bring it back for the alarm and the panel - if one days we have fix proven to work !

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I believe the Porsche is committed to producing an extremely high-quality car. The only way we’re going to get them to fix problems is if we let them know they exist.

I would take the car to the dealer and point out the problem and ask them for help. There are all sorts of reasons for this not working, and the sooner Porsche knows about it the better.

In the MY 2020 Taycan there were many problems, including issues with the PCM and wiring that caused the 12 V battery to drain unexpectedly on some vehicles (not all). Thanks to input from many customers Porsche was able to get their arms around those and the 2021 and 2022 cars are much better.

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Let me know what you find out at the dealer. I’m very curious now.
I did factory reset per Porsche CS and there it was plug and charge..Glad didnt have to take my car to the dealership :). Hope the restart didnt break anything else. Also shout out to Porsche CS, the person I was working for the past month was following up regularly even though I gave up several days ago

Porsche Taycan Quality issues/questions on newly delivered MY 22 Taycan IMG_2567

Last edited:

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did factory reset per Porsche CS and there it was plug and charge..Glad didnt have to take my car to the dealership :). Hope the restart didnt break anything else. Also shout out too Porsche CS, the person I was working for the past month was following up regularly even though I gave up several days ago

IMG_2567.jpeg
Well yahoo!

Out of curiosity, how do you initiate a Reset?

Ruthi

First Name
Ruthi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan. S x 2
Country flag
I remember somewhere in the manual it said the range is lower for first 500 miles, especially since regenerative brake may not be enables (to fully open up the brake pad). Maybe there were just some fine tunes in the software.

Meanwhile, maybe the weather also influenced the range?
Colder weather will affect the miles you get - I usually avoid charging during the day in the summer and do it at night -- yet now its better to charge during the day you will get more miles BUT the computer only gives you an estimated range based on your previous 40 or so miles driven. You should clock how many miles you actually get and its never the same. You can add miles just by braking - it it also relevant to your driving habits.
Sponsored