McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Definitely - did the same for example on my wife’s Mini Cooper S and looks like a factory finish (posted it on another of my mods threads) - could be wrong but I think the chap from Belgium or The Netherlands (black CT) had his done this way too. Dependent as always on the quality of the shop being used!
Just retuned from the dealer for my final configuration. Closing date today should come out of the factory feb 4th.

I discussed the painted wheel arches again. The body shop that does the painting for my dealer only wants to do it on the gloss turbo S ones. They did a paint job on all black plastic parts on a CT (including bumpers etc) and it took him an incredible long time to have a perfect smooth finish. He doesn’t want to do it again.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
PROGRESS ON FENDER PAINTING- SCHEDULED

Car will be in shop week of Jan 17th getting the black plastic fender arches painted the body color - woohoo :) - they see no issues re sanding the fender arches perfectly smooth - again not new to me either.

Will take a week to get all I want done which will be painful but worth it! Shop looks legit - amongst other vehicles there were 4 beautiful Ferrari's getting attention when I was there.

They will also apply Xpel to the front fender arches (still considering rears) and whilst there I will be getting STEK transparent window shield protection. Once the fender flares are done we'll evaluate whether or not to proceed with the side skirts and front/rear facia but a much bigger job and TBH not super keen on painting those as yet.

I will also ask these guys about doing a custom rear plate base when I go back to them to replace the factory 'monkey butt' - can't believe that I forgot to ask this AM!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just retuned from the dealer for my final configuration. Closing date today should come out of the factory feb 4th.

I discussed the painted wheel arches again. The body shop that does the painting for my dealer only wants to do it on the gloss turbo S ones. They did a paint job on all black plastic parts on a CT (including bumpers etc) and it took him an incredible long time to have a perfect smooth finish. He doesn’t want to do it again.
What can I say - TBH, based on their response, prob not a body shop I would use. In general I have never found shops attached to dealerships as an attractive proposition but there are of course exceptions and yours clearly has recent history doing a CT which is good - I wonder was it the same car that I linked you with here on the forum as also in Belgium (a black CT)?

And no doubt going the expensive route of purchasing an additional fender cover set will of course make the paint job easier for them but total project cost a lot more than I want to pay.

As in my prior post I am set up to get my originals done Jan 17th so will be interesting to see the results :) My total cost for removal/sand-prep/primer/paint-clear/re-install will be $1000 even (about 880 Euros) - right where I wanted to be and hopefully a matching result!

GreenDay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4, Porsche Macan S
Country flag
Fellow H-Town CT owner (to-be) here. Awesome following the progress of your CT4S. Great looking car! Mine should land at the Port of Houston this Fri 1/7 and at the dealer next Fri 1/14. Looking forward to seeing yours with the painted wheel arches when they're done! Thanks for all the updates on the mods and companies you've been working with around Houston

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fellow H-Town CT owner (to-be) here. Awesome following the progress of your CT4S. Great looking car! Mine should land at the Port of Houston this Fri 1/7 and at the dealer next Fri 1/14. Looking forward to seeing yours with the painted wheel arches when they're done! Thanks for all the updates on the mods and companies you've been working with around Houston
No worries - Congrats on the new car - betting you are flat out simply going to love it - truly exceeds all my expectations to date.

The wait to get the paint done is going to kill me :)

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any of you that see my BMW na Mini Cooper S logos in my garage and were wondering where the heck the Porsche Logo is (I know you were) - have this coming next week :)

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 8.08.19 PM

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bumper Plugs

Just a heads-up but if your are considering replacing the side and/or rear red reflectors on your CT/T (as I will) then you might want to ping TAG Motorsports or your favorite shop vs say BumperPlugs.com.

TAG ordered my replacements from Germany and paint them in-house for literally 1/2 to 2/3 max. the price of the very same units if ordered from BumperPlugs and have options for fast turnaround re shipping etc that are more than reasonable.

I also had a set done in the past for my M4 by IND Distribution - big outfit that do a ton of very high end customizations to BMW's but other marques too including Porsche and they too were significantly cheaper than BumperPlugs offerings.

Personal choice - if needed immediately BumperPlugs may be what you select but worth shopping around if you can wait a little longer!

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
Bumper Plugs

Just a heads-up but if your are considering replacing the side and/or rear red reflectors on your CT/T (as I will) then you might want to ping TAG Motorsports or your favorite shop vs say BumperPlugs.com.

TAG ordered my replacements from Germany and paint them in-house for literally 1/2 to 2/3 max. the price of the very same units if ordered from BumperPlugs and have options for fast turnaround re shipping etc that are more than reasonable.

I also had a set done in the past for my M4 by IND Distribution - big outfit that do a ton of very high end customizations to BMW's but other marques too including Porsche and they too were significantly cheaper than BumperPlugs offerings.

Personal choice - if needed immediately BumperPlugs may be what you select but worth shopping around if you can wait a little longer!
Send pics!

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
SCREEN PROTECTORS:

Applied the screen protector I purchased from Suncoast Porsche - WAY better than I actually thought they would be! Perfect fit and zero latency or issues once applied. There is a slight 'matt' appearance once installed i.e. you lose a bit of the new car screen gloss/deep black but having seen the state of my console screen after a few days of use felt if anywhere this was an optimal place to put a screen protector this was it! Will hold off applying to the central-passenger-cockpit screens to set how dirty they actually get as right now they are not bad and being vertical the smudging etc less noticeable. That and of course the position of the central console screen makes it more vulnerable to potential scratching from other objects.
Which screen did you apply the screen protectors to?

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Which screen did you apply the screen protectors to?
As mentioned just the console screen as the most exposed - not yet to the others but came as a full set.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hopefully not stealing fellow Houstonian's thunder here but there were two beautiful Turbo S's in my dealership today (you can see my roof in background in parking lot :)) - was picking up my reg/stickers.

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_4789

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Hopefully not stealing fellow Houstonian's thunder here but there were two beautiful Turbo S's in my dealership today (you can see my roof in background in parking lot :)) - was picking up my reg/stickers.
Miami Blue is still a great colour.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Miami Blue is still a great colour.
Ha - fairly sure you're messing with me but in case not, not me :) I'm the Volcano grey CT outside just visible behind the Sedan inside.
Sponsored