Smart Lift saving gone after using the new My Porsche app

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
Porsche launched a new app, called My Porsche. I got it recommended via their Smart Mobility team after complaining of technical issues and discrepancies in their Connect app. I installed the new one. There's not much besides a different layout AND tons of ads-oriented sections (completely useless since an app should be highly usable, I will not read Porsche news about their other models there).
I noticed many customized functions were lost after installing the app, it also suggested I uninstall the previous one (which I did). Several times the car went into Private mode. One of the things it wiped was the stored GPS locations for the Smart Lift. I reinstalled the past app, uninstalled the new one, the problem persists. Not only this, but I no longer am asked if I want to save the location, once I activate the Smart Lift manually.
I didn't find any option to reactivate this functionality, any ideas?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Porsche launched a new app, called My Porsche. I got it recommended via their Smart Mobility team after complaining of technical issues and discrepancies in their Connect app. I installed the new one. There's not much besides a different layout AND tons of ads-oriented sections (completely useless since an app should be highly usable, I will not read Porsche news about their other models there).
I noticed many customized functions were lost after installing the app, it also suggested I uninstall the previous one (which I did). Several times the car went into Private mode. One of the things it wiped was the stored GPS locations for the Smart Lift. I reinstalled the past app, uninstalled the new one, the problem persists. Not only this, but I no longer am asked if I want to save the location, once I activate the Smart Lift manually.
Could be entirely coincidental but chances not though (fail to see a connection though).

Assuming reliable connectivity then the My Porsche website (mobile friendly) is the only one worth using if you want all functionality to be available.

Porsche Connect App will be retired but no sign yet due to the gaps in its replacement My Porsche (some additions recently but still incomplete).

I have both installed and both generally have connectivity issues but never has anything been corrupted in the car as a consequence.

Random thought - try unlocking the car with your other key / secondary user assigned to see if that kick starts things.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Could be entirely coincidental but chances not though (fail to see a connection though).

Assuming reliable connectivity then the My Porsche website (mobile friendly) is the only one worth using if you want all functionality to be available.

Porsche Connect App will be retired but no sign yet due to the gaps in its replacement My Porsche (some additions recently but still incomplete).

I have both installed and both generally have connectivity issues but never has anything been corrupted in the car as a consequence.

Random thought - try unlocking the car with your other key / secondary user assigned to see if that kick starts things.
The weirdest thing happened today. I have never had Smart Lift in my PCM menu, but the function has always worked. I tried locking the car, rebooting the PCM, everything you can think of. After 6 weeks of having the car, the car notified me that a Maps update was done today, and for the very first time, I now see "Smart Lift" in the menu. WEIRD!

I think your issue is probably purely coincidental. Clearly Smart Lift disappears and reappears on its own.

Porsche Taycan Smart Lift saving gone after using the new My Porsche app IMG_2807

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
Thanks
The weirdest thing happened today. I have never had Smart Lift in my PCM menu, but the function has always worked. I tried locking the car, rebooting the PCM, everything you can think of. After 6 weeks of having the car, the car notified me that a Maps update was done today, and for the very first time, I now see "Smart Lift" in the menu. WEIRD!

I think your issue is probably purely coincidental. Clearly Smart Lift disappears and reappears on its own.

IMG_2807.jpeg
I also got the maps update, but my Smart Lift selection is still missing.?.

Porsche Taycan Smart Lift saving gone after using the new My Porsche app 886CD408-D7C7-4295-A492-5ABBC3DA533A

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
Was it there before?
Yes. A bit of a headscratcher.. (if you refer to the pics on Rainforest’s post and mine.)
-It wasn’t there initially until I got properly logged in
- then appeared as per Rain’s pic
- it then disappeared as per my last pic.
I’m not sure why or where the menu option went, but Automatic lift is still working…I just don’t have access to the saved locations or able to edit or delete them.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Interesting, I installed the MyPorsche app yesterday. Tonight I hit the raise button, the car raised up but it didn’t ask me to save the location.

Didn’t think much of it at the time, now I’m going to have to go out & look at the PCM menu…

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Yes. A bit of a headscratcher.. (if you refer to the pics on Rainforest’s post and mine.)
-It wasn’t there initially until I got properly logged in
- then appeared as per Rain’s pic
- it then disappeared as per my last pic.
I’m not sure why or where the menu option went, but Automatic lift is still working…I just don’t have access to the saved locations or able to edit or delete them.
For the first 6 weeks of my ownership, the smart lift menu item was missing as per Dave’s issue. But smart lift always prompted me to save the location and it worked fine. For no reason, it just showed up in the menu for the first time yesterday!

It’ll probably disappear again. LOL

But now my two apps keep telling me to bring my car in for service even though there are no notifications in the car. So glitchy!

I never appreciated how Tesla software was so reliable.

OP
OP
Mtljckt

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Save? option is back for me. I'm on the older app now. The list of saved location is still gone, but at least I can build it back now.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got around to checking, mine’s gone too. @Mtljckt, did you just uninstall MyPorsche & go back to using the Connect app to get it back, or…?

WTAF

OP
OP
Mtljckt

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got around to checking, mine’s gone too. @Mtljckt, did you just uninstall MyPorsche & go back to using the Connect app to get it back, or…?

WTAF
Yes, that is what I did. I have no idea if that is indeed the solution, but I got it working again.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I agree completely. Nothing new under the sun other than Porsche cluttering up the app with extraneous ads. Based on yours and other's comments, I deleted the app before it had a chance to wreck my smartlift function -- or worse. I was totally expecting some additional basic functionality, e.g. the ability to open/close the windows on a hot day to give the A/C and battery a fighting chance during preconditioning, the ability to check my battery temperature, etc. Or how about this: a portal to the Porsche ERP system so I can find the location of my f*#%ing missing parts as a result of the chip shortage!

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, that is what I did. I have no idea if that is indeed the solution, but I got it working again.
Ok well I deleted the new app & just connected to the car with the old Connect app. Next time I go for a drive I’ll see what happens.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I agree completely. Nothing new under the sun other than Porsche cluttering up the app with extraneous ads. Based on yours and other's comments, I deleted the app before it had a chance to wreck my smartlift function -- or worse. I was totally expecting some additional basic functionality, e.g. the ability to open/close the windows on a hot day to give the A/C and battery a fighting chance during preconditioning, the ability to check my battery temperature, etc. Or how about this: a portal to the Porsche ERP system so I can find the location of my f*#%ing missing parts as a result of the chip shortage!
Where exactly are you seeing "cluttering up the app with extraneous ads"? I literally see no ads in my app at least not upfront - are you possibly referring to the "Recommendations" tab which by default is closed?

Overall the consolidation of the numerous 'sub-apps' into a single platform is a major step forward imo and whilst some prior app features are clearly yet to transfer over many others are there and working 100% for me. Understand the frustration re certain features initially absent when prev working in the older app but they'll get there!

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Where exactly are you seeing "cluttering up the app with extraneous ads"? I literally see no ads in my app at least not upfront - are you possibly referring to the "Recommendations" tab which by default is closed?

Overall the consolidation of the numerous 'sub-apps' into a single platform is a major step forward imo and whilst some prior app features are clearly yet to transfer over many others are there and working 100% for me. Understand the frustration re certain features initially absent when prev working in the older app but they'll get there!
I generally agree with all of this. It will get there. My biggest complaint with the My Porsche app is the time it take to get to some basic information. If I want to check when my next timer is set for I need to open the app, click on the car or on “Details,” switch from “Overview” to “Functions,” then click on “Charging” and then switch from “Overview” to “Timer”. That is four clicks to get to information that is set out on the main screen in an (IMHO) organized fashion on the Connect app that I had a lot of success with just working and keeping updated. Hopefully they let us customize our “Home” screen on the My Porsche app with the information we want to see the most in a future update. That would be awesome.
Sponsored