First Name
Pieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Land Rover Discovery HSE
Country flag
Dear fellow Porsche drivers,

Late last year, I purchased this low-milage (< 6000 KM) Taycan 4S in vulcan grey.

It came equipped with what I would call the "basic luxury necessities", such as panoramic roof, Bose stereo, heated seats, power steering plus, ambient lighting, Porsche puddle lights (or whatever the hell they are called), lane assist and 20 inch Turbo Aero wheels.

The driving experience I find nothing short of amazing, with plenty of power and amazing ride comfort thanks to PASM (even better than my previous car, a 2018 Audi A8). However, the car came equipped with standard (partial) leather only so that there are many cabin parts which are plastic rather than leather covered, giving the cabin a bit of an austere appearance compared to the rather opulent cabin in the A8.
Therefore, I have commissioned a Porsche approved refitter to redo the entire interior in original Porsche nappa leather with double stitching (center console and lower side dashboard were already done, see attached picture).

Please could you answer my two questions:

1) in a Taycan with full leather upholstery, would the seat backs be covered in leather also ??
2) I find the quality of the Porsche stereo a bit disappointing (it seems to suffer from midrange suck out and thinny bass), is there a way to upgrade the speakers (non OEM is fine) and, if so, which speakers would you recommend ?

Thanks for looking !

Cheers,

Pieter
Porsche Taycan My (new to me) Taycan 4S, number of questions Taycan
Porsche Taycan My (new to me) Taycan 4S, number of questions 669886ac-7ccc-4ef9-9a8c-4e3b34513b9c
Porsche Taycan My (new to me) Taycan 4S, number of questions 637626d5-9cf2-483d-845e-d08ce1a09226
Porsche Taycan My (new to me) Taycan 4S, number of questions 3efba066-8f0a-4b40-9ab8-52ea14135c17

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Dear fellow Porsche drivers,

Late last year, I purchased this low-milage (< 6000 KM) Taycan 4S in vulcan grey.

It came equipped with what I would call the "basic luxury necessities", such as panoramic roof, Bose stereo, heated seats, power steering plus, ambient lighting, Porsche puddle lights (or whatever the hell they are called), lane assist and 20 inch Turbo Aero wheels.

The driving experience I find nothing short of amazing, with plenty of power and amazing ride comfort thanks to PASM (even better than my previous car, a 2018 Audi A8). However, the car came equipped with standard (partial) leather only so that there are many cabin parts which are plastic rather than leather covered, giving the cabin a bit of an austere appearance compared to the rather opulent cabin in the A8.
Therefore, I have commissioned a Porsche approved refitter to redo the entire interior in original Porsche nappa leather with double stitching (center console and lower side dashboard were already done, see attached picture).

Please could you answer my two questions:

1) in a Taycan with full leather upholstery, would the seat backs be covered in leather also ??
2) I find the quality of the Porsche stereo a bit disappointing (it seems to suffer from midrange suck out and thinny bass), is there a way to upgrade the speakers (non OEM is fine) and, if so, which speakers would you recommend ?

Thanks for looking !

Cheers,

Pieter
Taycan.jpg
669886ac-7ccc-4ef9-9a8c-4e3b34513b9c.jpg
637626d5-9cf2-483d-845e-d08ce1a09226.jpg
3efba066-8f0a-4b40-9ab8-52ea14135c17.jpg
The seat backs are not covered in leather with the normal full leather but with olea leather they are covered with leather. I think there is a thread when you search for olea leather you should find it.

Kind of strange choosing such an expensive option as individual stitching but not full leather. I understand you didn’t make it but the dealer - previous owner. Nice car !

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
I think the last pic shows WIP at the upholsterer. Base interior doesn’t have leather on the centre console and therefore no stitching. You can’t spec deviated stitching without full leather anyway!

So it’s how it’ll look like when the whole car is done - which will be amazing btw, congrats on the very tasty mod!

OP
OP
techniec

techniec

First Name
Pieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the last pic shows WIP at the upholsterer. Base interior doesn’t have leather on the centre console and therefore no stitching. You can’t spec deviated stitching without full leather anyway!

So it’s how it’ll look like when the whole car is done - which will be amazing btw, congrats on the very tasty mod!
You are correct, this is WIP at the upholsterer ... sorry, should have been more clear. Quality of Porsche Nappa leather seems miles ahead of standard leather btw.

Cheers

OP
OP
techniec

techniec

First Name
Pieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for your replies !

Herewith some pictures of the upgraded interior in original Porsche nappa leather (still WIP), I think it looks smoking ?:

Porsche Taycan My (new to me) Taycan 4S, number of questions revised-interior-1

Porsche Taycan My (new to me) Taycan 4S, number of questions revised-interior-2

Coming back to the audio issue, do you reckon replacing the Bose tweeters with the Burmester ones could make a noticeable difference (unsure where I would source them, however) ?

Thanks !