icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY22 and Abarth 595 Trofero:
Country flag
Did you get a build date before your freeze point was reached? We’re at 76 days to delivery (estimated) but I don’t have a build date….it’s in scheduled for production phase.
Got the email from porsche yesterday, with freeze date of 25th Jan.
Sponsored

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I let you know when they fit it, not sure if to put in or out of garage and its not going to be on too much display if outside. Still not sure not sure on the mode 3 cable, as its only a couple of hundred quid and knowing my luck ill be out of juice at an AC charger that doesnt have a cable. Did you put the 150k charger on your order?
I didn't put it (150K) on. Again, with most of my journeys being within reach of home the SA didn't say it was going to be useful. On where we are likely to travel (destination) I will pass several Ionity and other fast chargers. So it wasn't important for me. Maybe I should have included, but I didn't. All locked now.

Re Build Date - That was only just given to me a few days before it was locked so don't rely on that as my lock date was Jan 10 but the factory locked it early which is why it may arrive sooner. You really should keep the build as correct as you can just in case. I had to sign for each amendment and was told to assume it was final. I think I amended mine 2 or 3 times. That only came from deliberating for so long since ordering in summer.

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you get a build date before your freeze point was reached? We’re at 76 days to delivery (estimated) but I don’t have a build date….it’s in scheduled for production phase.
It's usually 6 weeks prior to build I am told. There is a good video (Canadian Dealer) who explains the process very well. I will look back and find a link. Its interesting.

OP
OP
icedup51

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn't put it (150K) on. Again, with most of my journeys being within reach of home the SA didn't say it was going to be useful. On where we are likely to travel (destination) I will pass several Ionity and other fast chargers. So it wasn't important for me. Maybe I should have included, but I didn't. All locked now.

Re Build Date - That was only just given to me a few days before it was locked so don't rely on that as my lock date was Jan 10 but the factory locked it early which is why it may arrive sooner. You really should keep the build as correct as you can just in case. I had to sign for each amendment and was told to assume it was final. I think I amended mine 2 or 3 times. That only came from deliberating for so long since ordering in summer.
Thanks for that im going into Porsche Silverstone next week to finalise before freeze of 25th. I will amend spec. and send it across now, just in case. As had Matrix lights on spec that,s with porsche, i assume it will have to be amended before freeze date anyway?

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for that im going into Porsche Silverstone next week to finalise before freeze of 25th. I will amend spec. and send it across now, just in case. As had Matrix lights on spec that,s with porsche, i assume it will have to be amended before freeze date anyway?
They will probably tell you they (Matrix) have to be removed if you had a previous configuration. Or it will throw an error. You can't configure them now unless they are fitted as standard (Turbo etc)

OP
OP
icedup51

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They will probably tell you they (Matrix) have to be removed if you had a previous configuration. Or it will throw an error. You can't configure them now unless they are fitted as standard (Turbo etc)
Did debate the GTS as that has them but had to change queues and no knowing when would get a slot. Am staying put now

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Got the email from porsche yesterday, with freeze date of 25th Jan.
Did you get an email from Porsche Germany or from the dealer? My car should be rolling out of the factory February 4th and I made the final changes is my configuration the first week of January. Would be nice if we could track the car while being build here in Europe like it is possible in the US.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I think my salesperson is confused- he says PDLS+ is paused but I think it's the matrix LEDs that are paused. Lmk if you get additional details!
You are in the USA the OP is in the UK

IainSmith

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Turbo with PP, ordered Taycan CT 4s
Country flag
Did you get an email from Porsche Germany or from the dealer? My car should be rolling out of the factory February 4th and I made the final changes is my configuration the first week of January. Would be nice if we could track the car while being build here in Europe like it is possible in the US.
im interested to know if your car completes the build on time..

my car went into production 7th Jan, was due out on the 14th, then this slipped to the 21st.. was told yesterday it will complete on the 9th Feb …?..

AND was advised mid build the matrix lights are not getting installed.. ordered 14th April… locked 5th Dec

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
im interested to know if your car completes the build on time..

my car went into production 7th Jan, was due out on the 14th, then this slipped to the 21st.. was told yesterday it will complete on the 9th Feb …?..

AND was advised mid build the matrix lights are not getting installed.. ordered 14th April… locked 5th Dec
Well. I was hoping to take the car on winter holiday end of February. So I ordered snow chains and winter tires. I contacted the dealer yesterday if he could keep me update if the production started this week and it would roll out of the factory feb 4th as planned and he said I misunderstood him and he said 24th and delivery will be March 20th at earliest. I am sure he said feb 4th otherwise I wouldn’t have ordered winter tires now but in the autumn. Not happy with this evolution. Still I ordered in December so March isn’t so bad.

My matrix lights were cancelled too.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Re charging, my 2cts would be to get a public AC cable in the froot and keep it there forever. Yes, with a bit of planning, you’ll get tethered DC all over England. But in places further up North or in France for instance, it’s mostly 22kW untethered AC.
For the sake of £150 (Amzn/Screwfix sells them) I wouldn’t chance it!

Upon SA advice I did spec the 150kW on-board (should Tesla open up SCs) but not the 22kW as it’s pricey and I’ll be either at 7.4kW at work / home (95%) or on the go looking for fast DC charging (5%).
Almost mandatory in certain countries though but not here.

OP
OP
icedup51

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Re charging, my 2cts would be to get a public AC cable in the froot and keep it there forever. Yes, with a bit of planning, you’ll get tethered DC all over England. But in places further up North or in France for instance, it’s mostly 22kW untethered AC.
For the sake of £150 (Amzn/Screwfix sells them) I wouldn’t chance it!

Upon SA advice I did spec the 150kW on-board (should Tesla open up SCs) but not the 22kW as it’s pricey and I’ll be either at 7.4kW at work / home (95%) or on the go looking for fast DC charging (5%).
Almost mandatory in certain countries though but not here.
Sorted final spec yesterday and told build would be late Feb. with delivery end March!!!!
Had to take off the Matrix lights but changed wheels to the RS Spyder.
Did ask the question of changing to GTS build but was told that would be a very, very long wait
Had already spec'd the 150k charger and went for the mode 3 cable in the end. Didnt go for the 22Kw as hope most charging at home and only have single phase supply.
Sponsored