First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover velar
Country flag
Hi,
In my previous car I was able to use the internal GPS and also Waze or Apple Plan at the same time.
In the Taycan, when I start the Taycan GPS, the itinerary is cancelled in Waze, and same in the reverse way.
Are there any ways to avoid this?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi,
In my previous car I was able to use the internal GPS and also Waze or Apple Plan at the same time.
In the Taycan, when I start the Taycan GPS, the itinerary is cancelled in Waze, and same in the reverse way.
Are there any ways to avoid this?
you can only run one nav at a time, however you could run the porsche nav in the background while putting waze via carplay on the display

Reactions: Dgr

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
you can only run one nav at a time, however you could run the porsche nav in the background while putting waze via carplay on the display
That hasn't been our experience, running any nav app on CarPlay thru the Porsche PCM will terminate Porsche's own navigation and vice versa, haven't found a way to run both at the same time either.

Since my 2021 doesn't support wired Android Auto anyway, I am running Google Maps Android Auto on my phone on a mount and will use the Porsche PCM navigation when I am navigating to a public DC fast charger so the battery can automatically start preconditioning.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
That hasn't been our experience, running any nav app on CarPlay thru the Porsche PCM will terminate Porsche's own navigation and vice versa, haven't found a way to run both at the same time either.

Since my 2021 doesn't support wired Android Auto anyway, I am running Google Maps Android Auto on my phone on a mount and will use the Porsche PCM navigation when I am navigating to a public DC fast charger so the battery can automatically start preconditioning.
I use IOS, I have no idea how android works in the car.

I enter a destination into the porsche nav then load carplay, I use waze, you get the waze screen and the audio directions from the porsche nav.

OP
OP

Dgr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover velar
Country flag

Ok, and which kind of mount are you using for your phone?

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I use IOS, I have no idea how android works in the car.

I enter a destination into the porsche nav then load carplay, I use waze, you get the waze screen and the audio directions from the porsche nav.
So here's my sequence of events

1. I program destination on PCM nav, I can see navigation directions on the instrument display

2. Launch Apple Car Play (wife's iPhone) and open Google Maps, program a destination.

3. Once Google Maps nav starts its route I can see my PCM navigation route terminates. On the instrument cluster display.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last edited:

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
You can use PCM navigating and also have Waze running - but only without a destination.

If you want to use both navigating at the same time you’ll have to disable CarPlay.

TacticalExpedition

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y
Country flag

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I promise you all that I use built in Navigation (showing on center display above steering wheel and in HUD) and Waze via car play (on main display above tunnel) simultaneously each and every day. It is definitely possible.

it is true that one can shut the other off at startup, but I find that this is less likely to happen if you start Waze on phone before entering car, wait until CarPlay is up in car, and then start in car NAV (then push CarPlay icon to display Waze again).
If it shuts off NAV, just restart it.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I promise you all that I use built in Navigation (showing on center display above steering wheel and in HUD) and Waze via car play (on main display above tunnel) simultaneously each and every day. It is definitely possible.

it is true that one can shut the other off at startup, but I find that this is less likely to happen if you start Waze on phone before entering car, wait until CarPlay is up in car, and then start in car NAV (then push CarPlay icon to display Waze again).
If it shuts off NAV, just restart it.
Do you mean that you have both actively routing you somewhere or you have the car nav routing you with Waze running on CarPlay to alert you about police or road hazards. If the latter, yes that’s what I do too. If the former I’ll have to check and see if that’s possible on my car (although I’m not sure why I would do that).

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you mean that you have both actively routing you somewhere or you have the car nav routing you with Waze running on CarPlay to alert you about police or road hazards. If the latter, yes that’s what I do too. If the former I’ll have to check and see if that’s possible on my car (although I’m not sure why I would do that).
I have both actively routing. I turn off voice guidance (but not audible alerts) on Waze so that it doesn’t sound like a pirate parrot war in the car. Post upgrade, I imagine that we all will be able to do this.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I have both actively routing. I turn off voice guidance (but not audible alerts) on Waze so that it doesn’t sound like a pirate parrot war in the car. Post upgrade, I imagine that we all will be able to do this.
Interesting, why do you want both routing at the same time?

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting, why do you want both routing at the same time?
I want police/speed alerts and better live traffic routing of Waze, but I want the charging info/routing from the Porsche system, as well as I like having the map and routing displayed on HUD and over steering wheel.

if the integration were better such that Waze included rich routing based on current charter status and it could be shown on HUD and over steering wheel, I would stick solely with Waze.
Porsche Taycan CarPlay navigation and PCM navigation at the same time 4A1FF634-E763-41C6-8790-C7AE307C494F

Porsche Taycan CarPlay navigation and PCM navigation at the same time 90067A44-B2B0-42EC-BFBE-032681DCEE39