Porsche Taycan will lap Nurburgring in under 8 minutes

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/03/28/porsche-taycan-sub-8-minute-nurburgring-lap/

The Porsche Taycan electric sports sedan is just around the corner with its full reveal coming in September. Porsche also announced that it's wrapping up final testing of the car around the world in both hot and cold weather. In this announcement, the company also revealed that it's expecting the Taycan to lap the Nürburgring Nordschleife in less than eight minutes.

Now that doesn't sound like an especially fast or ambitious benchmark when the Honda Civic Type R, a much less powerful gas-powered, front-drive hatchback, lapped the track in 7 minutes and 43 seconds. But Porsche's target time puts it in good company with some very fast electric sports cars. The Audi R8 E-Tron managed a lap time of 8:09, and the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Electric Drive did it in 7:56. Of course it will still be far behind the Nio EP9's lightning-fast 6:45.

But the Taycan is meant to do more than just lap a race track at incredible speeds. It will have a range of around 310 miles on the NEDC test loop, accelerate to 60 mph in under 3.5 seconds, and carry at least four passengers in comfort. It will even have a wagon-like variant. Stay tuned for more info on the new Porsche electric this fall.
Sponsored

PTT001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo
Considering the weight that's a respectable target.

Granola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant Quattro
Country flag
Panamera Turbo has done it in 7 minutes 38 seconds. That should be the target IMO.

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I bet on 7:30 or under for the Taycan! :fingerscrossed:

No chance English bedwetting types. I burst my nipples at you. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries...
Sponsored