Question about "Porsche" logo in back of car

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I was told by my Porsche salesman that Welcome function and blue PORSCHE at rear can be retrofitted (but is not illuminated) starting autumn/fall 2020.
Good, let's hope so...
Then I have the original rear light section to experiment on (to light the logo).

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Good, let's hope so...
Then I have the original rear light section to experiment on (to light the logo).
I have to believe that it's against the law to have anything illuminated in the rear of the car other than the standard approved lights. I do think you'll be asking for trouble if you illuminate the rear logo. Does anyone have an example of a production car with this feature?

I will definitely go with the glacier blue lettering, and I wouldn't think that would cost a lot. But of course we are talking Porsche here...

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have to believe that it's against the law to have anything illuminated in the rear of the car other than the standard approved lights. I do think you'll be asking for trouble if you illuminate the rear logo. Does anyone have an example of a production car with this feature?
It is not against the law. It's the color of the lights that matter. Can't have blue lights on your car at all(police) can't have red lights in the front (direction of travel)

Pontiac has done this on numerous cars over the years(this was the first one that came up but I have seen more modern ones on the highway I just don't know which models as I am not a Pontiac person:CWL:):
Porsche Taycan Question about "Porsche" logo in back of car 38419770002_large

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It is not against the law. It's the color of the lights that matter. Can't have blue lights on your car at all(police) can't have red lights in the front (direction of travel)

Pontiac has done this on numerous cars over the years(this was the first one that came up but I have seen more modern ones on the highway I just don't know which models as I am not a Pontiac person:CWL:):
38419770002_large.jpg

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks for that. Looks like glacier blue lighting is an option.:clap:
Keep in mind what I said about COLORS. Illuminating the logo is not against the law. Notice the Pontiac letters are red like brake lights and on the rear.
Red on front, = no good.
Blue anywhere is usually no good but you should consult your state laws or or DMV/DoT.

For my state:
(b) A blue light may not be illuminated upon a motor vehicle, except that a vehicle being operated by an active member of a volunteer fire department or company or an active member of an organized civil preparedness auxiliary fire company who has been authorized in writing by the chief executive officer of such department or company may use such a light.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was told by the AD that the Porsche lettering in the back is still white even with the Glacier blue option (at least in Canada)... anyone can confirm that? Has anyone received their Taycans with the Porsche lettering in blue?

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I was told by the AD that the Porsche lettering in the back is still white even with the Glacier blue option (at least in Canada)... anyone can confirm that? Has anyone received their Taycans with the Porsche lettering in blue?
Your dealer has probably only seen the glacier blue headlight option, which is the only one available on MY2020. On MY2021, you can separately option the glacier blue rear logo. To my knowledge, no My2021 have arrived, especially in Canada. If you go to another country’s online configuration tool, you can see the option and it is clearly blue lettering. I didn’t add it to my build even though I have a MY2021 coming (delayed from November build due to contrast stitching availability).

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone seen or heard if the MY20 Taycans will be able to be retrofitted with the new glacier blue rear logo?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Has anyone seen or heard if the MY20 Taycans will be able to be retrofitted with the new glacier blue rear logo?
I asked my dealer and it's "work in progress".
So yes.

Meanwhile I drive around with blue film.

Porsche Taycan Question about "Porsche" logo in back of car IMG_20200908_125156489

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
If it isn't illegal in the US, I want the logo that lights up in the manner that the preview videos showed. :D

Reactions: Dee

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
If it isn't illegal in the US, I want the logo that lights up in the manner that the preview videos showed. :D
Don't hold your breath. Unfortunately, in many parts of the US blue lights are restricted - typically only for emergency vehicles, most commonly police. It would even be nice if the US cars had full functionality for the led matrix headlights.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Don't hold your breath. Unfortunately, in many parts of the US blue lights are restricted - typically only for emergency vehicles, most commonly police. It would even be nice if the US cars had full functionality for the led matrix headlights.
He means the light lights up from the middle to the ends.
Not the letters but the bar itself.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
He means the light lights up from the middle to the ends.
Not the letters but the bar itself.
So, is the red light bar that lights up from the middle to the ends on the current cars or not?
Sponsored