feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
They don't need to have meetings together. Those can be held remotely. Nor do they need to eat together. These things COULD be organized in a way that proper precautions are taken. It's not like not working, and working the normal way, are the only two options. But I have no detailed info on how those plants work, and the other circumstances, so this was just theoretical comment.

Other circumstances could be the children of the workers, which is a major additional issue depending on what choices the government makes in that regard.
They close down the factories, because they know they will not be able to sell the cars later on anyway, the car sales marketing in China almost disappeared in February.

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Apart from supply problems, the demand for main stream cars had globally dropped off. Therefore the likes of VW, Ford etc would want to avoid adding more to their current unregistered stock pile.

I also read somewhere that the Audi eTron production has drastically slowed down because the Taycan has been given priority over the battery supply.

At the end of the day, keeping everyone healthy is the priority and if my car is delayed, so be it.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
They close down the factories, because they know they will not be able to sell the cars later on anyway, the car sales marketing in China almost disappeared in February.
I don't think so cuz A LOT of people are still waiting on their car (which is already sold).

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
Ive just had a call from my dealer to bring my car slot forward and has said there are no plans to stop at this point.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
There are more important things going on right now that delivery of a car...jesus guys.
If you're not sick or have relatives that are sick, it's still important.
I've been looking fwd to this car so for me it's pretty important, unless serious things happen in my area.
But then again, I'm ok with a delay, I can fully understand that.
Peace.

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've been looking fwd to this car so for me it's pretty important, unless serious things happen in my area.
Peace.
Listen, I get it honestly I do, and I didn't mean to come across as condescending in any way. Funnily enough I have this strange wave of guilt about the whole car thing, in that so many good people will struggle for money with their jobs, business's are struggling, people could loose their jobs...Yet I will be taking delivery of a Porsche in May. It seems so unfair..

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Listen, I get it honestly I do, and I didn't mean to come across as condescending in any way. Funnily enough I have this strange wave of guilt about the whole car thing, in that so many good people will struggle for money with their jobs, business's are struggling, people could loose their jobs...Yet I will be taking delivery of a Porsche in May. It seems so unfair..
I don't get this.
There are literally hundreds of thousands of people that struggle in life.
Now that it has a face you feel guilty?
Hmmm...

Why can't you drive a Porsche and still be compassionate?
I don't get it.
If you're feeling guilty just cancel your order and give it to charity.
Otherwise, well.... I don't want to say this so I won't.

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't get this.
There are literally hundreds of thousands of people that struggle in life.
Now that it has a face you feel guilty?
Hmmm...

Why can't you drive a Porsche and still be compassionate?
I don't get it.
If you're feeling guilty just cancel your order and give it to charity.
Otherwise, well.... I don't want to say this so I won't.
Look I'm not trying to fight, All I'm saying (very badly) is that I feel awful for what is happening globally, and here in the UK that's all. The world feels very scared and weird right now, yet we are on a Porsche forum complaining that our £100K sports cars could be delayed LOL

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Peace.
I am sick, and it’s still important to me too.

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
Unfortunately the situation with the world is what it is right now.

Im certainly in no rush to get the car and have no issues in waiting for it. I only posted to try and keep people up to date that you may end up receiving the car earlier than planned so it may be worth keeping the cogs turning with whatever you need to do before the vehicle arrives.