MrBeanPT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Ok waiting for my red and still have a few weeks to change options. I see many of you have rear steering and PVT+. What's your take on these óptimos on a much lower powered taycan compared to others?

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I mean...come on. Just look how light matches album art. So cool....

20220219_231815.jpg

Not a PCA member. Do you recommend it if I live in Sarasota?
this is cool but I've not noticed my car changing color to album art. Is it because you are playing via PCM vs my playing via Apple Car Play?

OP
OP
DACSarasota

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
this is cool but I've not noticed my car changing color to album art. Is it because you are playing via PCM vs my playing via Apple Car Play?
Do you have Dynamic Lighting turned on? Press on the music menu the options button on the bottom right and you can get to it.

It works with Sirius, Blutooth and Android Auto.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have Dynamic Lighting turned on? Press on the music menu the options button on the bottom right and you can get to it.

It works with Sirius, Blutooth and Android Auto.

Another secret button!? I'll look for it, thanks! @DACSarasota - I found it! Very cool. Among the most useless of features I've now found, but definitely cool. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Great write up. Just north of you in Tampa. Definitely join the PCA. Been a member since '95. They have a number of different events (Driver Education at Sebring, Autocross, Rally's, annual parade, etc) region magazine and monthly Panorama magazine for pocket change of an annual fee.

I too have a RWD ('21). I went with the Sports Chrono as I really wanted the drive mode on the steering wheel (makes it quick to select my "individual" setting, basically as sporty as it can be) and I like the look of the clock on the dash.

The Performance off the line is not snap your head back, but honestly, most ICE cars cannot beat you from a red light and that 30-90 is quick! Love the Sport Sound and feeling it grab the second gear at 78mph as it accelerates.

I am glad I got the Performance Battery as I always drive in full Sport Plus with a heavy right foot. I also have the 21" Misson E Wheels which are not as energy efficient. Love the look and the big white calipers (my wheels and calipers look like I just washed the car after a week of driving; thanks regen). Attached is a pic from this weekend (2k miles on the car) when we were taking a little run up to Dade City and I figured I would make sure I had a full battery. The range keeps increasing over time.

Lastly, the active suspension was one of my main top 2 options (Mission E and Air Suspension). Like the lowered look and the smart lift. I think it looks like I am in 4x4 when smart lift is on and felt that way with the steel suspension.
Porsche Taycan First 1000 miles review - MY22 RWD 21 RWD 2k miles.PNG

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
-The bose audio is a trade-off between audio quality and trunk space. Adding it reduces the trunk space more than the difference between the turismo and the sedan. To me the basic audio system is good enough.
The listed capacities state this but Porsche measures cargo capacity under the “shelf” which is essentially the cargo cover in the turismos or the SUVs.

The Bose in the Taycan is decent but not spectacular - I couldn’t imagine downgrading further and not having a sub and amp. That extra cargo space is an odd shaped hole under the floor? Is there further cargo space without the air suspension equipment?

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Great write up. Just north of you in Tampa. Definitely join the PCA. Been a member since '95. They have a number of different events (Driver Education at Sebring, Autocross, Rally's, annual parade, etc) region magazine and monthly Panorama magazine for pocket change of an annual fee.

I too have a RWD ('21). I went with the Sports Chrono as I really wanted the drive mode on the steering wheel (makes it quick to select my "individual" setting, basically as sporty as it can be) and I like the look of the clock on the dash.

The Performance off the line is not snap your head back, but honestly, most ICE cars cannot beat you from a red light and that 30-90 is quick! Love the Sport Sound and feeling it grab the second gear at 78mph as it accelerates.

I am glad I got the Performance Battery as I always drive in full Sport Plus with a heavy right foot. I also have the 21" Misson E Wheels which are not as energy efficient. Love the look and the big white calipers (my wheels and calipers look like I just washed the car after a week of driving; thanks regen). Attached is a pic from this weekend (2k miles on the car) when we were taking a little run up to Dade City and I figured I would make sure I had a full battery. The range keeps increasing over time.

Lastly, the active suspension was one of my main top 2 options (Mission E and Air Suspension). Like the lowered look and the smart lift. I think it looks like I am in 4x4 when smart lift is on and felt that way with the steel suspension.
21 RWD 2k miles.PNG
278 miles of range with the Mission E wheels, wow! I have a very similar configuration ordered and was hoping for 250…

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
278 miles of range with the Mission E wheels, wow! I have a very similar configuration ordered and was hoping for 250…
Be patient. I was in the 250-260 a month or so ago. The range slowly increases as you get some more miles on the car. I have Individual mode set up with Sport Plus, lowest suspension, and sport mode on the PASM. I have regen on, but unless you are going in stop and go traffic, do not notice it much. And I select it every time I drive (once I get out of the GPS range of my smart lift for my driveway).

My driving is mostly around town with some few short highway runs. Very short commute to my office. So not sure if you have longer highway commutes if it will change it.

And I drive it like a Porsche. ;)

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
@wurzitup
Wow. can you elaborate on the details?

I'm in the Bay Area and my dealer is quoting me $3792 for 5 years. PPP Platinum.

I want to get your price. That's a huge difference. Not sure if there's that much of a difference between sedan and CT.

Thanks.

-ThinkMac-

$1856- 6 years.

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
The listed capacities state this but Porsche measures cargo capacity under the “shelf” which is essentially the cargo cover in the turismos or the SUVs.

The Bose in the Taycan is decent but not spectacular - I couldn’t imagine downgrading further and not having a sub and amp. That extra cargo space is an odd shaped hole under the floor? Is there further cargo space without the air suspension equipment?
Yes, it is that hole in the trunk floor. It is about double the depth without the bose audio. To me it is significant. I come from a large SUV. While traveling with the family every extra liter counts.
The air suspension does not impact cargo space. The air tank is under the cargo space. (And the outside fake sound loudspeaker is also there).

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Be patient. I was in the 250-260 a month or so ago. The range slowly increases as you get some more miles on the car. I have Individual mode set up with Sport Plus, lowest suspension, and sport mode on the PASM. I have regen on, but unless you are going in stop and go traffic, do not notice it much. And I select it every time I drive (once I get out of the GPS range of my smart lift for my driveway).

My driving is mostly around town with some few short highway runs. Very short commute to my office. So not sure if you have longer highway commutes if it will change it.

And I drive it like a Porsche. ;)
I've been very curious about difference between "sport mode" in PCM and PASM. Can you elaborate?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I've been very curious about difference between "sport mode" in PCM and PASM. Can you elaborate?
Sport PCM: sport drive mode
Sport PASM: sport suspension mode. (normal, sport, sport+)
Sponsored