Sport Mode

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S P100D, Range Rover SVR, Porsche 4S, De Tomaso Pantera
Country flag
Porsche Press Release: https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...tion-zuffenhausen-stop-coronavirus-20266.html

Porsche stops production due to the coronavirus

03/18/2020

As from the coming week, Porsche will suspend production for an initial period of two weeks. By taking this step, the sports car manufacturer is responding to the significant acceleration in the rate of infection caused by the coronavirus and the resultant measures implemented by the relevant authorities.

In addition to the primary protection of the workforce, bottlenecks in global supply chains no longer allow orderly production. At the same time, Porsche is preparing for a decline in demand and securing its financial strength with the decisions made. The parent plant in Zuffenhausen and the production location in Leipzig will be closed from Saturday (21 March 2020). These steps have been taken as part of an orderly process and in close cooperation with the works council.

“With these measures, our company contributes to protect the workforce and reduce the spread of the coronavirus. The actual consequences are not yet predictable. It is therefore too early for forecasts. What is clear is that 2020 will be a very challenging year,” says Oliver Blume, Chairman of the Executive Board of Porsche AG. “We can only overcome the pandemic together and by taking rigorous measures.” Against this background, Porsche is fulfilling its entrepreneurial and social responsibility and stopping production. The situation will be continuously re-assessed.

In addition to suspending production, Porsche decided a number of intensified measures: there is a ban on business travel, for example, ‘mobile working’ has been greatly extended, and meetings will now only take place by video or conference calls.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
We are all in this world-wide dilemma together, and there should be no room for recriminations (and yes, if making a decision today about ordering new Turbo, my decision might be different). That said, good news at least for those whose cars have reached V300 status. I just received word that my car (which was V300 on March 4) entered Emden port yesterday, and still scheduled to ship on the 27th.
Porsche Taycan Official: Porsche stops production due to coronavirus 1584561422581

Also, looks like car will likely ship out on the Goodwood (per pwl.de)

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
We are all in this world-wide dilemma together, and there should be no room for recriminations (and yes, if making a decision today about ordering new Turbo, my decision might be different). That said, good news at least for those whose cars have reached V300 status. I just received word that my car (which was V300 on March 4) entered Emden port yesterday, and still scheduled to ship on the 27th.
1584561422581.png

Also, looks like car will likely ship out on the Goodwood (per pwl.de)
I know there are way more serious things in the world, but this is at least a distraction for a little bit, so thanks for the update. Good luck! It is good to see that they seem to be consistent in taking about 12 days once production started. That helps in estimating since my car went into production 2 weeks ago.

Do you happen to have a schedule of ships that are leaving Emden in the coming month or so? Does the ship stop at Houston, or does that continue on to Northern California (Benecia).

Thanks again.

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
Attached is the most recent schedule of ships out of Emden:

Porsche Taycan Official: Porsche stops production due to coronavirus 1584563462049

Dates are set forth in the European manner, with day stated first, followed by the month. (Marz refers to March).

Noticed, that only ship listed for Benicia is the Glovis Courage, which should have left Emden March 12 to arrive in Benicia April 27. So the schedule for next month is not listed, but can be found at www.pwl.de (and using drop down menues under "Fahrpläne" to select in first drop down the route to "US - West and east Ostkuste" and then selecting in the second drop down "Volkswagen Konzernlogistic Export." (BTW, on iPad/iPhone there is an option to convert site to English, but couldn't locate that option on my PC.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Reg

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
My Turbo was completed March 4, and on V Schedule was supposed to arrive in Emden March 13 and ship out March 27. Granted delivery of the car is completely trivial in light of where the world is right now, I was idly wondering what is happening to shipping and delivery of Porsches to U.S.? Anyone know?
Also wondering what this will do to pricing of shipped cars - one way or the other.

Scott Allen

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
Country flag
My dealer notes that Porsche had intended to ship 9,000 Taycan to the US in 2020. That has now been reduced to 4500. My order is in production, had been a May 15 delivery, but obviously delayed.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
I am sick, and it’s still important to me too.
Oh, great. Just GREAT. You've infected the forum. I hope you're happy now, Dave.
:)

• Haha
Reactions: Dee

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
Just cancelled my order and am tired of calling and getting updates that are changed frequently. Put deposit in almost two years ago and don't want to receive a 2020 car that will depreciate 35 k the first year and be delivered in the fourth quarter if I am lucky.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just cancelled my order and am tired of calling and getting updates that are changed frequently. Put deposit in almost two years ago and don't want to receive a 2020 car that will depreciate 35 k the first year and be delivered in the fourth quarter if I am lucky.
I have to agree that if they list cars delivered after August as 2020 models, that's a huge extra depreciation hit for no good reason.

But any Taycan is gonna lose $35k in the first year, no matter when they release it. Luxury sedans have terrible resale value usually. :p
Sponsored