DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just press brake a bit harder at a stop until green hold light turns on.
Sponsored

soamz

First Name
Soumendra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022 arriving this week
Country flag
That’s AUTO HOLD.
I mean the accelerator release mode - CREEP OR HOLD.
I think taycan didn’t have it. Tesla has it and it’s gold

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
That’s AUTO HOLD.
It sounds like you’re taking about one pedal driving.
No. The Taycan does not have enough overrun recup for one pedal driving.

One pedal driving sounds tedious, to be honest. I prefer coasting when I lift off. But also prefer a manual where I can press a clutch pedal to disengage the drive.

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
No its not one pedal driving he is discussing he means that if you take your foot off the brake at 0 mph you can option if you want the car to either creep forward or to hold.

Not got my Taycan yet but in my test drive I had to press the brake pedal down again to actIvate Hold else it creeps forward so I think the answer is No the Taycan does not have it….but an owner will be able to answer better.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No its not one pedal driving he is discussing he means that if you take your foot off the brake at 0 mph you can option if you want the car to either creep forward or to hold.

Not got my Taycan yet but in my test drive I had to press the brake pedal down again to actIvate Hold else it creeps forward so I think the answer is No the Taycan does not have it….but an owner will be able to answer better.
Oh, I see. Sorry, never drove a Tesla so I’m not familiar.

The Taycan creeps by default and you activate hold by pressing the brake pedal harder (same as other Porsches).

Seems better than a separate setting as it’s easier to select the desired operation in each scenario. It’s not often I want to activate hold, but when I do, it’s not difficult.

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Taycan not having one pedal driving is one of the biggest negatives against the Taycan (IMO). After 6 years of driving a Model S, what a great feature this is. And the idea that one pedal driving doesn’t have coast, is simply not true. Backing off the pedal the car goes into coast, then backing off further the car goes into breaking.

And most of all, I love knowing for sure I’m getting the most regen possible. I can make sure I’m not engaging the pads by not touching the brake pedal.

Even cheaper cars without one pedal driving have used steering wheel regen paddles to accomplish this.

For me this was one of really bad calls by Porsche.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And the idea that one pedal driving doesn’t have coast, is simply not true. Backing off the pedal the car goes into coast, then backing off further the car goes into breaking.
That’s not really the same though, if you have to modulate the pedal for “coast”.

And most of all, I love knowing for sure I’m getting the most regen possible. I can make sure I’m not engaging the pads by not touching the brake pedal.
Then you’ll love the Taycan because you’re going to get way more regen out of a Taycan than you are out of a Tesla. You just have to use the brake pedal to use most of it.

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
That’s not really the same though, if you have to modulate the pedal for “coast”.

Then you’ll love the Taycan because you’re going to get way more regen out of a Taycan than you are out of a Tesla. You just have to use the brake pedal to use most of it.
Still can’t wait for my Taycan!

But for this aspect, may be just a mental thing for me. Knowing that I do entire trips without ever using the brake pedal, makes me feel like I maximized the regen. As far as the additional regen capability, not sure it’s really needed (but I’ll take it). With 60kW of regen I really have no brake pad usage. This is my front brake pad after 96k miles on my 2013 Model S.

Porsche Taycan First 1000 miles review - MY22 RWD E8BFEB17-B6BE-4EFB-B0AB-9738B9A4E153

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Taycan not having one pedal driving is one of the biggest negatives against the Taycan (IMO). After 6 years of driving a Model S, what a great feature this is.
I drive both a Taycan and a Tesla Y. While I love one pedal driving, I have no problem using Sport mode with Recoup ON in the Taycan. While not as convenient as one pedal driving, the recoup can be so strong that the car stops very well when feathering the brakes and (at least in my opinion) is equally as good as the Tesla's one pedal driving. With both the Tesla and Taycan you feather a pedal to adjust how fast you brake. Its just a different pedal.

And as someone else posted, the Taycan regen is so strong that it provides excellent braking without actually using the mechanical brakes.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Knowing that I do entire trips without ever using the brake pedal, makes me feel like I maximized the regen.
You’ll have to mentally separate the brake “pedal” from the brake “pads” as they aren’t the same.

265kW of regen is a lot. There’s a radial gauge in the instrument cluster that shows you how much is available and how much you’re using.

Last edited:

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
That’s AUTO HOLD.
I think the general concensus on the other threads is that you may be better off sticking with Tesla.

The Taycan is likely to disappoint you (as it's not a Tesla).

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
I think the general concensus on the other threads is that you may be better off sticking with Tesla.

The Taycan is likely to disappoint you (as it's not a Tesla).
The Tesla’s disappointed me, as they are shite….

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I have Individual mode set up with Sport Plus, lowest suspension, and sport mode on the PASM.

And I drive it like a Porsche. ;)
If you're in sports plus, isn't the suspension in the lowest setting by default? Wouldn't sports mode (i.e. not sports plus) in PASM mean suspension was in a higher setting?
Am a bit confused and basing my knowledge in my old panamera, so could be misunderstanding.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
If you're in sports plus, isn't the suspension in the lowest setting by default? Wouldn't sports mode (i.e. not sports plus) in PASM mean suspension was in a higher setting?
Am a bit confused and basing my knowledge in my old panamera, so could be misunderstanding.
You’re right that Sport mode on Panamera doesn’t change ride height by default. When in low mode you can toggle between sport and sport+ firmness, however.

Taycan behaves the same way from my experience but I’m unsure if there is also a firmness setting or just ride height setting. If mine wasn’t immobile and waiting for a part at the dealer I’d go test it right now….
Sponsored