GTS USA status

Jeffrey B

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW M6; Porsche Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
GTS Sedan here (US). My freeze point is in 4 days. Still showing delivery July 1st, which hasn't changed for the past month or so. I think the total slip in date from when i ordered is maybe 2 weeks? I can't remember the original arrival date.
Sponsored

Jeffrey B

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW M6; Porsche Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
I have Carrera White/Slate Gray Taycan GTS Sedan that is arriving April 4th, the 3-4 day for full front PDF and ceramic XPEL. Can’t wait. I was told it just made it on the last boat out before tragic invasion in Ukraine and lucky it wasn‘t on the boat to Rhode Island that caught fire.

OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
Jet Black Metallic
Black leather interior
Premium Package
Black roof rails
Insulated Glass
Rear axle steering
Heated GT Steering Wheel

pretty much it
Very nice. I also didn’t go crazy with options on the sedan
I have Carrera White/Slate Gray Taycan GTS Sedan that is arriving April 4th, the 3-4 day for full front PDF and ceramic XPEL. Can’t wait. I was told it just made it on the last boat out before tragic invasion in Ukraine and lucky it wasn‘t on the boat to Rhode Island that caught fire.
Congrats!!

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Wondering when GTS ST will start production for USA orders.

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
Placed my order for a GTS ST back in January. At the time the dealer was saying the vehicle would be built in May with an estimated delivery in July. As of last week, the dealer indicates "There is still no estimated dates on production or delivery quite yet." So I'm a bit confused/annoyed.

SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Tesla Model X Pld, '24 GLS450
Country flag
My freeze point was reached, still showing July 1st delivery in TYD. This date hasn't changed in a month or so.
Porsche Taycan GTS USA status 1649090959922

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Placed my order for a GTS ST back in January. At the time the dealer was saying the vehicle would be built in May with an estimated delivery in July. As of last week, the dealer indicates "There is still no estimated dates on production or delivery quite yet." So I'm a bit confused/annoyed.
placed my order for the same car in Jan 22 as well, was told likely fall delivery. unless you were really in early, your dealer I think may have been a little overly optimistic. I was #5 in line upon deposit and they estimated my car would be BUILT in July.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
If my dealer can snag an allocation I may likely trade/sell back my 2022 Taycan CT4 for a ST GTS....we'll see. Love my CT4 though...

OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My freeze point was reached, still showing July 1st delivery in TYD. This date hasn't changed in a month or so.
1649090959922.png
It is good your delivery date didn't change. There are a few of us that went to TBD status for unclear reasons. My initial delivery was May then June then TBD -- with current circumstances to some degree understandable.

It is unclear what algorithm Porsche uses to determine order processing. Date of order/allocation? Dealer Size? Order specification (with parts availability)? Prior Porsche ownership?

SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Tesla Model X Pld, '24 GLS450
Country flag
It is good your delivery date didn't change. There are a few of us that went to TBD status for unclear reasons. My initial delivery was May then June then TBD -- with current circumstances to some degree understandable.

It is unclear what algorithm Porsche uses to determine order processing. Date of order/allocation? Dealer Size? Order specification (with parts availability)? Prior Porsche ownership?
Not sure. I ordered on Jan 29. My dealer had only 1 GTS allocation, which I jumped on. I think they're a decent size dealer, but not making any lists (and def not the biggest in the Chicago area, but I'd guess maybe top 3). This is my first Porsche and I spec'd a lot of options including the VLC roof which was rumored to have supply shortages.

OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure. I ordered on Jan 29. My dealer had only 1 GTS allocation, which I jumped on. I think they're a decent size dealer, but not making any lists (and def not the biggest in the Chicago area, but I'd guess maybe top 3). This is my first Porsche and I spec'd a lot of options including the VLC roof which was rumored to have supply shortages.
That is excellent. I have ordered in Dec 6th from a smaller dealership in upstate NY with moderate options but nothing really unusual. This is also my first Porsche

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That is excellent. I have ordered in Dec 6th from a smaller dealership in upstate NY with moderate options but nothing really unusual. This is also my first Porsche
wouldn't happen to be Porsche Rochester would it? I used to work there as a photographer when I was in college

OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
wouldn't happen to be Porsche Rochester would it? I used to work there as a photographer when I was in college
Yes it is!! Small dealership -- not sure how much that is a factor in my ordering delays.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes it is!! Small dealership -- not sure how much that is a factor in my ordering delays.
wow look at that, small world. I still know a few people over there. hope they're treating you well.

the former GM who I reported to sometimes was named Rich Ferrari...at the Porsche store. I always thought that was ironic.
Sponsored