Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Pretty good video on the bugs and quirks of PCP and Intelligent road manager. Almost made me want to drop the latter, but hopefully they will fix it and not charge me.

Chuck J

Sponsored

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
So he has some issue with how it works, and I agree with his complaints, but there are workarounds. He just hasn’t found them yet.

It took me days to figure it out. Again, he isn’t wrong, he just claims there are no ways to do things (like see info about a charge stop, or replace a charge stop), and there are ways to do what he wants to do. Non-obvious ways.

OP
OP
Chuck J

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Great to know, Don!

Chuck J

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
So he has some issue with how it works, and I agree with his complaints, but there are workarounds. He just hasn’t found them yet.

It took me days to figure it out. Again, he isn’t wrong, he just claims there are no ways to do things (like see info about a charge stop, or replace a charge stop), and there are ways to do what he wants to do. Non-obvious ways.
Interesting that there are workarounds.

Would you like to share them @louv ?? Thanks.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting that there are workarounds.

Would you like to share them @louv ?? Thanks.
LOL. Yeah, sorry. Apologies. I was in the middle of three things yesterday when I replied.

Seeing A Charge Stop: When viewing the Nav, press the "..." to the right of the Nav. Then Tap "Edit Route...". It will now show you a listing of all your stops. (Note: The Text Description is truncated, so you'll often not be able to see ALL the data on that stop... like, what State it is in!)

Replace a Charge Stop: Search for a new Charge stop along the way, Add it as a WayPoint. The system will now re-calculate, and if you added a Charge Stop BEFORE the one you wanted to remove, then the one you wanted to remove will go away.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think the biggest problem is the inclusion of a variety of types of chargers. My Tesla route planning isn’t more sophisticated but it only shows Tesla proprietary chargers. About half the Tesla super chargers I try don’t work, but they are right next to chargers that do.

When Electrify America gets up to full speed I hope you can tell the planner just to show those. They appear to be in groups most of the time and with fast chargers. Let’s hope they are also well maintained.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the biggest problem is the inclusion of a variety of types of chargers. My Tesla route planning isn’t more sophisticated but it only shows Tesla proprietary chargers. About half the Tesla super chargers I try don’t work, but they are right next to chargers that do.

When Electrify America gets up to full speed I hope you can tell the planner just to show those. They appear to be in groups most of the time and with fast chargers. Let’s hope they are also well maintained.
Agreed.

It does optimize based on what it knows about the charging speed available at that location. (350kW, 150kW, 50kW,etc)

I want to eliminate car and motorcycle dealerships. (Except Porsche/Audi of course).

This is why, at least for now, you really want to have other apps on your phone.

Porsche Taycan Video discusses PCP (Porsche Charge Planner & Intelligent Range Manager)  Issues AE29E754-7094-4683-94A3-1549416FD3CA

Porsche Taycan Video discusses PCP (Porsche Charge Planner & Intelligent Range Manager)  Issues D91C6CBC-9EB4-4BA7-A636-A896063E4DB1