kokos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Updated with @Fletch's instructions on finding your Taycan production photo:

found mine
Porsche Taycan 📸  How to Find Your Taycan Production Photo From Assembly Line {filename}

if you are somewhat tech savvy, you can get to it on your main My Porsche page where it shows you the status of the car (not in the TYD pages).

• while there, right click then choose "Inspect".
  • Go to network tab
  • refresh page so it fills up
  • find the line "orders?include-full-content=false"
  • click Preview tab on right side
  • there's an item there "productionImages". expand that. you'll find a URL. Cut and paste that url into a new browser window/tab.

(i tried passing in true to the 'full-content' thing, but no more production images... )
FWIW, mine is a Chalk CT4S with pano roof, so its probable its real.

Original post:

I was poking around My Porsche website, and I was curious as to why the status of the car phase was mismatching Track Your Dream (My Porsche showed Scheduled for Production versus TYD showing Ready for Transport). Digging through some JSON payload, I found a link to the production image (see below).

Do you get this image normally, or is this a happy accidental discovery? I am attaching mine here!

Porsche Taycan 📸  How to Find Your Taycan Production Photo From Assembly Line 1eb47fd7-3aa3-4913-8f3e-0ca1e9e3741c
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
About 10 years ago BMW offered a link like this to follow the build of your actual car. Most of it was stock footage with a few clips of your actual car mixed in. This is probably the stock footage.

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
found mine
Porsche Taycan 📸  How to Find Your Taycan Production Photo From Assembly Line 1eb47fd7-3aa3-4913-8f3e-0ca1e9e3741c

if you are somewhat tech savvy, you can get to it on your main My Porsche page where it shows you the status of the car (not in the TYD pages).

• Go to network tab
  • there's an item there "productionImages". expand that. you'll find a URL. Cut and paste that url into a new browser window/tab.

(i tried passing in true to the 'full-content' thing, but no more production images... )

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
found mine

• Go to network tab

Sorry, I cannot find the "inspect" option nor the "network tab" anywhere. Could you post some screenshots of how to find it?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Sorry, I cannot find the "inspect" option nor the "network tab" anywhere. Could you post some screenshots of how to find it?
If you’re in chrome (Firefox also, I think), hit F12 for dev tools.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
This is awesome! When were your cars produced? Mine entered production 14 January, and unfortunately productionImages is an empty array.

Definitely an accidental discovery, it looks like they added the camera recently. The site itself is probably not ready to display them just yet.

GTZ22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 GT3
Country flag
found mine

• Go to network tab

Wow. That's really cool. I was able to pull mine as well. It's a Chalk GTS with a pano roof also but the image is clearly different from yours so I assume it's a real image. Also TYD says it's supposed to complete production on 4/15 but looks like it's done.
Porsche Taycan 📸  How to Find Your Taycan Production Photo From Assembly Line a9f28202-e8d4-4695-be29-62912a91f74c

OP
OP
kokos

kokos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Happy with myself for finding this then! I wanted to pull together a script to poll TYD for me, to avoid refreshing it daily (or every 10 minutes). Maybe we should look into that.

clearly there are APIs with oauth2, shouldn’t be too difficult

OP
OP
kokos

kokos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
This is awesome! When were your cars produced? Mine entered production 14 January, and unfortunately productionImages is an empty array.

Definitely an accidental discovery, it looks like they added the camera recently. The site itself is probably not ready to display them just yet.
my car was produced 4/8 according to TYD. SA confirmed the car has been produced and awaiting transportation to Emden port

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
Might be a new thing. My car was produced in February and that array is empty for me. Bummer.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
found mine
Porsche Taycan 📸  How to Find Your Taycan Production Photo From Assembly Line a9f28202-e8d4-4695-be29-62912a91f74c

• Go to network tab

I pressed F12, and found “productionImages: []”. But there is no URL and I can’t click on anything.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Refreshed a few times and I can't find the "orders?include-full-content=false" line. Lots of info for my VIN though. Nice find !

heude

First Name
Olivier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
There is no such thing as "orders" for me to be found in the resources (from Belgium, Europe) :(

OP
OP
kokos

kokos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I just got a notification from the App, and now the photo of the car is included in My Porsche! Sounds like a new feature has been rolled out?

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
When was your built? Mine was built between 22FE-03MR, no picture…
Sponsored