GTS Orders UK

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
In my dream world, if Mercedes were to release an electric AMG SLS or GT and the price was within touching distance of a middle-model Taycan, then I would quite likely drop the Porsche and go for the smaller, lighter, faster, two-door.

That may well happen by 2025, but then I will be at least a year into Taycan ownership by then... I hope.

If there is any announcement between now and Q1 2023 (where I expect my order to lock) - or for any other fun sportscar EV by a premium marque - I'll probably cancel.

And that is principally because the wait is so long, I still have the option to cancel.
Sponsored

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Porsche seem to purposefully manipulate lists to help them fluff residual values. On here we have dozens of people who are first on the list, one who's second and me who's 15th.

Just look at the clamour and angst over their GT cars, resulting in those who are impatient on the "want" front (;)) paying overs, and fluffing up the residuals as intended.

I'm not sure getting pushy with them will necessarily help. And even if it does get you up the queue, someone else will be getting bounced. Be careful what you wish for on that front unless you buy dozens of cars from Porsche every year.

Ferrari are little different. Both can still command wait lists, premiums etc. Mostly that's down to great product, but in part it's list mystique and manipulation.

Your best bet to set them straight is simply to buy something else. Or just roll with it. It's a first world problem.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is meant to be my practical ‘family’ car to replace the RS4. Whilst the Lotus EV might be worth investigating, I suspect the Aston Martin EV will be well over budget.

The Merc EQS looks horrible to me!
The Aston may end up too small too, but you never know on cost.

The Lotus is a taller car, but looks pretty good and should handle well...

The EQS saloon isn't great, but the SUV looks OK for an SUV to me. Prefer our XC90, but the Merc is worthy of a look IMO. Each to their own.

A lot of EVs will be hitting the streets/being announced over the next 12mths. Porsche will know this and will be keen to make hay on the Taycan if at all possible.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

That may well happen by 2025, but then I will be at least a year into Taycan ownership by then... I hope.
You see @JDEE, this is what you need. A bit of optimism :D

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
But if we were in the same boat that's one thing - but when I read that there's a couple of guys here that are progressing through the order/build process, I know we're not. People are moving through the process (thankfully!) which is not what I was told by Porsche GB.
I’ve not spoken with Porsche GB, I’ve only spoken to my dealer - I can accept that as a smaller dealer my OPC will get their first cars after some of the larger dealership receive cars. Just as they received their own ST GTS demonstrator some time after other dealerships.

Now if I start seeing other people collecting an ST GTS from my OPC before my order has progressed, then I’ll be unhappy!

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley GT3R, BMWi3s, LR Discovery, Pershing 52
Country flag
Confirmed July build

WGR

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Confirmed July build
That’s great news, congratulations. This gives me hope that my car may actually arrive at some point!

When did you place your order, and with with centre? Saloon or ST?

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s great news, congratulations. This gives me hope that my car may actually arrive at some point!

When did you place your order, and with with centre? Saloon or ST?
Saloon with JCT Leeds a few days after the GTS was announced .

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was also told it will be a 23 model year and now comes with a free public charge cable and tyre sealer kit.

WGR

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Saloon with JCT Leeds a few days after the GTS was announced .
Great to hear of some orders trickling through. I ordered an ST on launch day (upgraded from an order I have placed in June for 4S) with Tonbridge. Waiting to hear of allocation, however it seems the ST’s are a bit behind the saloon.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Any update from those with Sport Turismo orders in the UK, who were supposedly due to have one of the first cars at their OPCs?

With factory shutdown in the Summer, if your order is not already locked, it looks as though deliveries will now been in September?
Sponsored