TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
I'll plan to do a orange wrap, I love the lava orange but unavailable for the taycan :(, I hesitate between the followings
- Avery SW900-373-0 Gloss Orange
- 3M gloss burnt orange G14
- 3M fiery orange G364
- Teckwrap Deep orange RB19
You'll find some images there http://www.pearltrees.com/toutouie/wrap-orange/id31150991

What are your experience with wrapping? Any brand you recommend or distrust? Other orange you think would be great (for info I really don't like matt wrapping) ?

Looking forward for your feedback ;)
Sponsored

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
I'll plan to do a orange wrap, I love the lava orange but unavailable for the taycan :(, I hesitate between the followings
- Avery SW900-373-0 Gloss Orange
- 3M gloss burnt orange G14
- 3M fiery orange G364
- Teckwrap Deep orange RB19
You'll find some images there http://www.pearltrees.com/toutouie/wrap-orange/id31150991

What are your experience with wrapping? Any brand you recommend or distrust? Other orange you think would be great (for info I really don't like matt wrapping) ?

with black stripes??

OP
OP
TIM

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
No I prefer without the stripes

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Colourwise, I like them all, with a little preference for numbers 2 and 3.

Cheers,
Henrik

Reactions: TIM

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
you cannot go wrong with 3m , they make the best stuff out there.
Curios, why Wrap versus Paint? is there that much difference in cost? or is it a quality thing?

Last edited:

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
What's the approximate price of something like this? How long does it take to do? I assume a body shop does it?

PS burnt or deep orange.

Alain

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Jaguar F-Type 3.0 v6 P380 Supercharged R-Dynamic
Country flag
In the Netherlands you start from around 4,000 euros (~ 4,500 USD) excluding tax for a high quality wrap. For that price, they also disassemble various parts of the car to wrap around the edges. And also wrap the inside of, for example, the door jambs, trunk, etc. So you can no longer see in any way what the original color was. It can undoubtedly be a lot cheaper if they only wrap the parts visible from the outside. I would not advise this cheap way of wrapping with a new and such an expensive sports car.

The advantage of wrapping is that it is not permanent. It is also protection and if damaged, it can be replaced relatively easily. You can get wrap in all colors and it can also be printed. If you ever sell the car, the paint under the wrap is still in new condition. A small disadvantage is that it is a lot of work to get all the wrap including the adhesive residues off. This will also cost you at least 1.000 euros/USD or more.

Tim, you can only choose a color yourself because it is so personal. But personally I think deep bright orange gives a higher quality appearance. So '3M gloss burnt orange G14' or 'Teckwrap Deep orange RB19' would be my choice from the 4 options. Actually, I think I would also go for a matte color instead of gloss ;)

Specialized wrapping companies can often show in 3D and under different weather & light conditions what your car will look like with a certain wrap. I think it might be best to determine the color that way. It seems to me that you get a warranty on the wrap, so I would leave the brand to the company that will do the wrap.

Last edited:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
wow that’s my old orange rendering before we knew the colors it would be launched in...... :)

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Great choice, that looks fire! :involve:

And like others said you can't go wrong with 3M vinyl wrap for quality.

You may have seen some of these already in your research but Fiery Orange G364 looks amazing in real life. Love how it can go from a bright orange to a copper look depending on the lighting.

Porsche Taycan Orange wrap 3M-1080-G364
Porsche Taycan Orange wrap 3M-Gloss-Fiery-Orange-by-Laid-Not-Sprayed-Vinyl-Workz_large@2x
Porsche Taycan Orange wrap GLOSS1080G364-18

Reactions: TIM