NewPdude

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M440i
Country flag
Absolutely spectacular! Love the color combo with those wheels. Congrats!
Sponsored

OP
OP
bigal

bigal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
How does it feel like living in LA as a Spurs fan :p?

Looks great and congrats!
Ha! I've been a Spurs fan since 1976...I grew up in Pittsburgh, which never had an NBA team, so I chose the Spurs. Los Angeles is weird about it. I've lived all over (Detroit, Dallas, Charlotte, Washington, DC, etc.), but only Los Angeles folks sort of take offense to it. Not even Dallas Mavs fans cared. But Lakers fans get insulted if someone isn't a Lakers fan.

jaybird

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLK 250, 2022 Taycan CT 4S (Neptune over Truffle)
Country flag
Absolutely love it, thank you so much for posting the photos! Green over brown really is an all time classic combination. Your car is totally brilliant. There are several greens near British Racing Green, I'm wondering if it was close decision among them, or was it definitely BRG? And, did you see these colors in person on other cars (911's I suppose) and come up with a theory about how a color on a 911 translates to a Taycan? Or did you just go for it?

OP
OP
bigal

bigal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Absolutely love it, thank you so much for posting the photos! Green over brown really is an all time classic combination. Your car is totally brilliant. There are several greens near British Racing Green, I'm wondering if it was close decision among them, or was it definitely BRG? And, did you see these colors in person on other cars (911's I suppose) and come up with a theory about how a color on a 911 translates to a Taycan? Or did you just go for it?
I never saw British Racing Green non-metallic in person. I did, however, see an Irish Green 911. But it was definitely British Racing Green for me. The other greens that I considered for a Taycan were Underberg Green and Irish Green. But there weren't enough photos online of Underberg, so I discarded that since it was too hard to determine if I would have liked it. If I was going for a 911 rather than a Taycan, then I might have gone with a lighter color such as Mint Green or Lighter Green (Hellgrun). But I didn't think a lighter colored green would have worked as well on a bigger body like the Taycan...I tend to favor the darker colors on the bigger bodies (at least as dark as say, Neptune Blue or British Racing Green).... I also love Oslo Blue, so that was something I considered too.

Taycan2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Vogue SE & Mercedes S-Class
Country flag
Wow what an incredible spec, really does look so good. You certainly have a good eye for design.

I am interested, is it too dark in the cabin without the pano roof? I am not sure if to include it on my final spec, only reason is to ensure as light a cabin as I can which I really appreciate, hate dark cabins!

OP
OP
bigal

bigal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Wow what an incredible spec, really does look so good. You certainly have a good eye for design.

I am interested, is it too dark in the cabin without the pano roof? I am not sure if to include it on my final spec, only reason is to ensure as light a cabin as I can which I really appreciate, hate dark cabins!
It's not too dark for me, but it might be too dark for you...I would test drive a porsche panamera/taycan (or even a 911 I suppose) without a panorama roof to see how you feel .... My eyes are always looking forward through the windshield, so I couldn't care less about looking up at the sky...And I don't find it too "dark" inside without any light emanating through the roof...(light emanates through the windows, too)...
Sponsored