First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Source: https://www.iseecars.com/used-cars-cost-more-than-new-study#v=202204

Porsche Taycan Taycan is One Of Top 15 Used Cars More Expensive Than New screen-shot-2022-05-10-at-10-22-41-am-

Two electric vehicles, the Porsche Taycan luxury electric sedan and the Ford Mustang Mach-E also make the list. “The in-demand Taycan commands a six-month waiting list for its new versions, and with an average used car price of $138,714, well-heeled buyers are willing to pay more than they would for a new version,” said Brauer.

“The new for 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E has also been a hot seller since its debut, with Ford shutting down new orders and the current wait time for a new model exceeding 32 weeks.”
Sponsored

Allegedly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender, '22 Ford Bronco, '22 Tayc
Country flag
why isn't the bronco listed
Probably because iseecars does this monthly and it tends to be all over the place from month to month with such a small data set.

Last edited:

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Source: https://www.iseecars.com/used-cars-cost-more-than-new-study#v=202204

screen-shot-2022-05-10-at-10-22-41-am-jpg.jpg

Two electric vehicles, the Porsche Taycan luxury electric sedan and the Ford Mustang Mach-E also make the list. “The in-demand Taycan commands a six-month waiting list for its new versions, and with an average used car price of $138,714, well-heeled buyers are willing to pay more than they would for a new version,” said Brauer.

“The new for 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E has also been a hot seller since its debut, with Ford shutting down new orders and the current wait time for a new model exceeding 32 weeks.”
I was looking at used Taycan's last week at my local dealer. A Sep 21 RWD the same spec was £109k vs my Jan 22 new at £98.5k.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I tried to sell my Dolomite full loaded TC with less than 1500 miles at MSRP but only one call in 4 months. Finally asked my dealer to buy it back which he did (-5% off MSRP) … pretty much what I paid for.
I was surprised I was not able to sell it faster.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I tried to sell my Dolomite full loaded TC with less than 1500 miles at MSRP but only one call in 4 months. Finally asked my dealer to buy it back which he did (-5% off MSRP) … pretty much what I paid for.
I was surprised I was not able to sell it faster.
Well, that's pretty obvious.
I wouldn't buy such a new technology car from an "untrusted" seller either.
Especially when it has low mileage (buyer: maybe there's something wrong?) and such a high price.

Buying at a dealer you have much more confidence and the warranty (ok, it's on the car but still..).

Allegedly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender, '22 Ford Bronco, '22 Tayc
Country flag
Shouldn't 911 also be on this list?
No. Low volume cars are excluded.

The data is crap anyway because it's based on asking price and not actual sales prices.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
why isn't the bronco listed
Exactly what I was looking for. The data set is probably too small but we've had offers for our Bronco ranging from 15-30k over sticker with 3k miles on it.