ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This thread created to contain the collection of videos in this series.

Episode 01 : Charging made easy

(German with English subtitles)

Episode 2: Interior Perfection

Episode 3: That Porsche passion

Episode 4: Sound
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
First time I’ve seen that wall box, must be a new charging unit
You can buy the Porsche charger but I think it only charges at 3kw!
I was looking at them a few months ago

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
New episodes Crafting of behind the Taycan.

Episode 2: Interior Perfection

Episode 3: That Porsche passion

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I think it’s for public charing..
He only talks about charging over night to have a fully charged car every morning. Maybe this is the box, Porsche will install in my home? :)

Porsche Taycan The Craft behind the Taycan - Porsche video series 20200429_163615

Porsche came again today. This box is for our MS90D and delivers 30.4kW. They told me that my Taycan will come with 22kW charging so this box is not quite sufficient to charge both cars at the same time.

SAM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS, 435D Gran Coupe
Country flag
He only talks about charging over night to have a fully charged car every morning. Maybe this is the box, Porsche will install in my home? :)

20200429_163615.jpg

Porsche came again today. This box is for our MS90D and delivers 30.4kW. They told me that my Taycan will come with 22kW charging so this box is not quite sufficient to charge both cars at the same time.
Sorry if I have misunderstood your post but I thought the Taycan currently only came with 11kW charging on AC and that 22kW will come later. So why did they tell you your Taycan will come with 22kW if your 4S spec is already locked as your car details suggest it is? Thanks....

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Sorry if I have misunderstood your post but I thought the Taycan currently only came with 11kW charging on AC and that 22kW will come later. So why did they tell you your Taycan will come with 22kW if your 4S spec is already locked as your car details suggest it is? Thanks....
Exactly! After following this forum, I was equally surprised. But the Porsche guy who wants to install the Porsche wall-box said so.

I ordered my Taycan just before Christmas scheduled to be in production in February. In March they said production is in May. I unlocked the order and made a small adjustment. With COVID I think production might be in June or later, my dealer just texted me and said he does not know either but my order is locked again. Porsche in Germany is still closed, he said.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If the car charges over night in 3 instead of 6 hours is not relevant to me. Should it be?
Probably not a big deal at home. The question is if DCFC stations are not as common in your country but 22kw AC outlets are then it gives a possible fallback on travel. But still quite slow.

The Porsche Connect EVSE does support 22kW in some counties like Thailand for instance. It really just has a relay the supports that current, the rest of the electronics is pretty much to handle the protocol with vehicle.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
If the car charges over night in 3 instead of 6 hours is not relevant to me. Should it be?
In the UK the car has a 11KW charger, not 22KW. I’d get that confirmed with the dealer if you really need 22KW AC charging.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Another filming in Thailand.