Anyone tried charging their Taycan at a Tesla Supercharger?

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Tesla has finally opened up their Supercharger network here in Sweden so I thought I would try to read up a bit on how the charging situation is with the Taycan (seeing how the port is in the wrong place), but except for essentially two videos I found on YouTube it has been awfully quiet about this it seems.

Has anyone tried charging their Taycan at a Supercharger? Did it work well? It seems like the newer V3 stations are better suited than the older ones, but maybe that's more about the individual locations?

I'm sure the videos I found have already been posted here, but I'll include them anyway just incase.

Sponsored

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
Also available now in Belgium for most superchargers.
Especially handy is the one in Wallonia near Arlon near the border with Luxembourg. That is an area with very few fast chargers. Tesla 32 chargers there. Compare that to the 4 ionity chargers near Metz. And the single Porsche charger in Luxembourg. Porsche and VW are really completely incompetent in this area !

There are a lot of negative comments about Tesla in this forum, but we should all be very happy that Tesla is so much ahead with building charging infrastructure. And provides this to Taycans too.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
check your 400V/150kW option people - stupid porsche even made this an option…

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
check your 400V/150kW option people - stupid porsche even made this an option…
I think I have seen in some markets (Belgium?) where the local Porsche have included this as standard spec. So it is up to each country to define the local spec it seems

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Gave it a try today. The cable was too short. There were a lot a free stalls and I asked the charging Tesla guys if it would bother them if I put my car in the wrong position. I al ready made an account at home. Connected within a couple of seconds. And I was charging at 100 Kw with 60 SoC on a 150 kW charger. Disconnect after 5 minutes and didn’t leave my car not to upset any Tesla driver.

To conclude, I was able to charge, it worked well but not for busy holidays and I wouldn’t leave my car and drink a coffee.

One stall was the other wat aground and could have helped me but it was taken by a model x.

I think I could have charged with only blocking 2 spots but still no good solution. I only did it for a test today. I also clearly say that if you can’t put your car correct you can’t use it. I wonder what car would be able to charge with this configuration. I think I saw a Renault Zoe somewhere on the net. They have a port in front of the hood.

I think the one I tried now is a 150 kw v2 charger. On my way back I saw a v3 250 kw charger with the chargers between the cars and that would be more suitable for charging a Taycan. That one wasn’t open to everyone and I couldn’t try.

So for all Taycan owners. If you plan your trip with a Tesla charger, make sure you have one with V3 chargers between the parking sport or you could end up not being able to use it. Unless lots of unoccupied places and Tesla owners wanting to close an eye.

Also tried a Fastned 300 kW on my trip. Very good experience. On a highway parking also 100 kw with 60 SoC. Connection also with the app within a couple of seconds. Very easy to use and very intuitive. Better location and faster connection. However only 4 positions. The Tesla I would like to use in my holiday trip has 30 and half of them V3.

I will give it another try soon on a V3 charger close by.

Porsche Taycan Anyone tried charging their Taycan at a Tesla Supercharger? 29E2749E-0FE6-4C2F-99E9-EAC4B8C719E6

Porsche Taycan Anyone tried charging their Taycan at a Tesla Supercharger? 1339C432-75F2-4AB3-9614-13CDE24833C6

Porsche Taycan Anyone tried charging their Taycan at a Tesla Supercharger? 59EA78CC-9489-4CA7-8ACA-72B13B4FB4FF

Porsche Taycan Anyone tried charging their Taycan at a Tesla Supercharger? 4CA84215-1CD0-408D-9602-12C6AB05EA99

Porsche Taycan Anyone tried charging their Taycan at a Tesla Supercharger? 181A7AAC-7B2A-4976-9672-346FFA98D7AB

Porsche Taycan Anyone tried charging their Taycan at a Tesla Supercharger? 1D472559-E341-4EA5-8752-9C9F45BCBA9E

Porsche Taycan Anyone tried charging their Taycan at a Tesla Supercharger? 7ADA7D68-8EF1-4B13-B46E-F694206B7F00

Last edited:

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
Is that a v
Roof on the 300kw charger? Oooo. Fancy!

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Yes. Very nice design. On a highway parking. Only downside is that is doesn’t have a restrooms or a shop. Many trees however.

Porsche Taycan Anyone tried charging their Taycan at a Tesla Supercharger? AEA93BE0-949A-425A-A985-01DC218AF9D5

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Might have been handy if I watched the video before I started mt tryout today.
I don't think however I would have been able to approach close enough even in lifted mode with the bars on the ground

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I think I have seen in some markets (Belgium?) where the local Porsche have included this as standard spec. So it is up to each country to define the local spec it seems
That is correct. On my 4CT it was standard.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Just had a look at some pictures on plug share. Looks like for Dutch / Belgian Taycan owners traveling to eastern France / Switzerland… only the one in Arlon has a usable charger positioning. Namur, Metz and Nancy all look like the one I tested today in Wavre. Fortunately Arlon looks like to be the most important one.

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Would this be the "150kW DC on-board booster" option?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

Mike991GER

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
AFAIK (some) chargers in Germany were opened to the ‘public’ a couple o’weeks ago.

Will gonna check that as soon as my GTS arrives.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
AFAIK (some) chargers in Germany were opened to the ‘public’ a couple o’weeks ago.

Will gonna check that as soon as my GTS arrives.
The Tesla app doesn’t show any opened German locations. If you cross the border at München you can charge in Austria however. Some have opened over there. Or just over the Dutch border in Achen.
Sponsored