Bresdo1962

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks for this, I am about to get my first EV a GTS in June maybe July. I have been on the fence but your writing has given me more confidence in that I am making the right decision.
Sponsored

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Awesome writeup!

EA having faulty chargers is nothing new. I actually wonder what would motivate them to make their infra better. The majority of EA customers probably have access to chargers at home/work on a daily basis and only utilize EA during road trips. If one charger doesn't work, they'll just try the one next and hope it works, like OP did. Who/what is pushing EA to make sure they have the vast majority of their chargers working?

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What was hour average speed on the highway ?? Were you driving in the 80-85 mph range (or more ??)

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
What was hour average speed on the highway ?? Were you driving in the 80-85 mph range (or more ??)
I was mostly driving between 80 to 85 with some brief bursts to much higher speeds if needed for passing. If the speed limit dropped down to 65 or below I would stay 5-10 mph above the posted limit. I mentioned to my wife that the car feels like it wants to go fast and she rolled her eyes at me.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was mostly driving between 80 to 85 with some brief bursts to much higher speeds if needed for passing. If the speed limit dropped down to 65 or below I would stay 5-10 mph above the posted limit. I mentioned to my wife that the car feels like it wants to go fast and she rolled her eyes at me.
And if you were getting about 200 miles of range per charge, I'd say that your "mileage" was very good. Obviously warm temps.....

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And if you were getting about 200 miles of range per charge, I'd say that your "mileage" was very good. Obviously warm temps.....
I agree. I’m happy with the range.

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
Warning, this is a long read but I put a bunch of stuff in bold text to make it easier to pick out just the parts you might be interested in (lots of pictures too). I wrote the story in Medium where I will also be sharing more information as I gain more experience with the car. Of course, I will always post here so that community members can share in my folly or learn from anything I get right.

https://medium.com/@the.ev.newbie/swimming-pools-and-electric-vehicles-74a2d27dad69
Thank you for your time to share your experience with us. Great info.

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
Thanks for the concise reporting on the Taycan. Great info and easy to understand.

Wishing you many more happy miles in your new Taycan

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
My son and I did the same maiden-voyage gig, on a much smaller scale, when picking up our Taycan a few hundred miles from home. It was a true journey into the unknown as we had no idea what the hell we were doing when it came to DC fast charging. At one point we were in the middle of nowhere, riding on fumes (sparks?), and couldn't even find the Chargepoint charger that Ms. Porsche claimed was in our vicinity. But, like you, we eventually got our shit together and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the journey. Lesson learned: It is not so bad to be outside of your comfort zone when you are inside of your new Taycan.

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GTS ST (on order), '22 Macan, Cirrus SR22
Country flag
Excellent writeup @Hirschaj ! Im currently where you were in September of last year... trying to get an allocation and get on the list for a Taycan GTS Sport Turismo. My SA tells me I can expect to see the car sometime in May of next year... so exactly 12 months out. Gonna be a long year.

I love chalk! Its one of my choices for my build. Im curious how you ended up with CHalk, since I think you had ordered your car in Manba Green (another great color!).

f.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Excellent writeup @Hirschaj ! Im currently where you were in September of last year... trying to get an allocation and get on the list for a Taycan GTS Sport Turismo. My SA tells me I can expect to see the car sometime in May of next year... so exactly 12 months out. Gonna be a long year.

I love chalk! Its one of my choices for my build. Im curious how you ended up with CHalk, since I think you had ordered your car in Manba Green (another great color!).

f.
Thank you!

My original Mamba build burned and sunk with Felicity Ace. I picked up this Chalk one to drive while I wait for Porsche to build another Mamba for me. I really like the Chalk but still prefer the Mamba overall. I plan to sell the Chalk one once the Mamba gets delivered (maybe late August).

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Warning, this is a long read but I put a bunch of stuff in bold text to make it easier to pick out just the parts you might be interested in (lots of pictures too). I wrote the story in Medium where I will also be sharing more information as I gain more experience with the car. Of course, I will always post here so that community members can share in my folly or learn from anything I get right.

https://medium.com/@the.ev.newbie/swimming-pools-and-electric-vehicles-74a2d27dad69
Welcome to our Taycan family and thanks for such a nice write up. It is so refreshing to hear so many positive experiences from the car. To many times on this site all you read is the bad! It scares the crap out of you but then when I read your experience it’s like hitting the reset button.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Hey Hirschaj - think you said at one pt. you'd want to see the latest mods on mine - please ignore if not! :)

Finally got my car is back after the major paint upgrades and CETE install - latest in this post: #197

Apologies again as not meaning to hijack a thread!
Sponsored