2022 Taycan RWD Owner: First Thoughts

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
I call that regen button on the steering wheel the Tesla button coz that's what it is. The Taycan has much more sophisticated regen than a Tesla but if you want Tesla's golf cart feel when taking your foot off the accelerator, toggle that button on. Brake regen is always on after first few 100 miles. It funny to hear all the media lemmings loudly claim how they love Tesla's one foot driving when its actually a regression. 🤦‍♂️
Sponsored

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
Afaik, regen braking doesn’t work in the beginning, on a new car… you have to make about 500km or more.
when brakes will be ready for regen, you’ll also feel that when you’ll press on a brake pedal.
i didn’t like how brakes work during first 450km at all. Couldn’t describe, but it was strange felling.

speaking about home charging.
imo, you should consider portable unit, like Juicebooster. I guess that there’s something similar for US market.
I've only got about 500 miles on my RWD (also gentian blue, love it), but I definitely notice a difference. Without it the car seems to just coast forever. With it, the car gradually slows down. In fact I like it much more than the Tesla that I test drove with regen on which seemed to be too much braking for my taste.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@IrwinJ : From the beginning, or after 500miles?
otherwise, i was talking about different feeling when i pressed on a brake pedal….during first 400km and later on when recup became available.

Last edited:

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
@IrwinJ : From the beginning, or after 500miles?
otherwise, i was talking about different feeling when i pressed on a brake pedal….during first 400km and later on when recup became available.
from the very beginning when it was delivered

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
from the very beginning when it was delivered
That's strange.
I've been told that recup doesn't work until brakes are not "set"...and that "setting" takes about 500km (more or less).
And I do remember, how it feels before and after...

Westbyz80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
That's thing I love about the Taycan. Esthetics in the trim levels differ is such slight ways the average person won't know. Only we/enthusiasts notice wheels, colored brakes and lower body CF body treatments. (designation delete of course :cool:)

I almost ordered mission-e/white brake combo on my RWD. Would make it look even more "expensive".
I did that on my RWD and I love it!

Porsche Taycan 2022 Taycan RWD Owner: First Thoughts A5689789-FCFC-4328-94FE-3A10ABDDDA04

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yeah, it must’ve been quite a joyride given the 5 miles on the odometer when I got it
Every Porsche off the line used to get a test drive to ensure quality - I'm pretty sure they still do. 5-20 miles on delivery from the boat is fairly common for that reason.

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Mine had like 5 miles at delivery. I don’t think all of them are actual road miles. Most are probably on the dyno.

Irrelevant anecdote - Just after I had taken delivery and the car was outside at the parking lot, one dude walked up to it and told the SA tagging along that he wanted to buy it. SA told him it’s already sold and guy goes, I can pay more than whoever purchased it….while I am standing right behind the guy waiting to get in and drive off.🤦🏼‍♂️

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
Every Porsche off the line used to get a test drive to ensure quality - I'm pretty sure they still do. 5-20 miles on delivery from the boat is fairly common for that reason.
I’m glad mine had that mileage, means they road tested it before delivery to rule out any obvious issues. That’s a good thing.
Sponsored