Personalized License / Vanity Plates - What's Yours?

bihus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Indeed.
Originally only 500 made probably to homologate the 32 valve V8 for Le Mans (It was fitted to the MB supported Saubers and their youn star driver line up) though it sold well enough for 1000 facelift models to be made later.
MB didn't have a suitable production line for the volume or, at that time, a development department for such a car. so it was entirely sub-contracted to Porsche.
There are around 1000 mods to get the engine into the 124 shell and even the seats and carpets are unique to the car.

I bought mine via the F1 VIP programme and picked it up from the factory so I have owned it 30 years now.
Michael Schumacher has driven it :)
Jason Cammisa (Hagerty) did a very good video on the 500E. You might appreciate it.

Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Jason Cammisa (Hagerty) did a very good video on the 500E. You might appreciate it.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that.
Michael drove mine because he had a long final drive in his to give a higher top speed but was disappointed by the acceleration because that gave it a very long first gear. He said mine felt quicker than his.
The guy driving at the end of that video is really trying, the TC light is flashing on a lot.
My car hits the rev limiter in top easily and quickly but that is fine, not many places to go 155mph for long nowadays and the fuel consumption at speed really is horrendous!
I am going to sell it since the Taycan will effectively be its replacement...

bihus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks, I hadn't seen that.
Michael drove mine because he had a long final drive in his to give a higher top speed but was disappointed by the acceleration because that gave it a very long first gear. He said mine felt quicker than his.
The guy driving at the end of that video is really trying, the TC light is flashing on a lot.
My car hits the rev limiter in top easily and quickly but that is fine, not many places to go 155mph for long nowadays and the fuel consumption at speed really is horrendous!
I am going to sell it since the Taycan will effectively be its replacement...
That's a nice story. Are you sure you should sell it? I went the other way. I bought a E39 M5 to pair with the Taycan. For long trips I don't want to depend on the charging network, and a manual V8 will always be a good palate cleanser. Even if slower than the T4S.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
That's a nice story. Are you sure you should sell it? I went the other way. I bought a E39 M5 to pair with the Taycan. For long trips I don't want to depend on the charging network, and a manual V8 will always be a good palate cleanser. Even if slower than the T4S.
I have enjoyed the car for 30 years. Time for a change! The 500E and F355 Spider will both go and be replaced by the Taycan - I am an old bloke now :)

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
My vanity plate has nothing to do with the Taycan. It's a simple one word expression of my gratitude to those who helped me to live another day.

Porsche Taycan Personalized License / Vanity Plates - What's Yours? T4CT

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
"OPEC"

order placed, will go on my Miata if it arrives before the GTS

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
Wanted VLTS WGN but Oregon only allows 6 characters. Considering-
VRY GRN (it’s mamba green metallic)
VLT WGN
GRN WGN
AMP WGN

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was kicking around the idea of DRIVER 8, (a favorite R.E.M. song), but I haven’t talked myself into it yet.

my favorite one recently said TEXAS IS HOT with the Texas being the state name at the top of the plate and “IS HOT” being the chosen letters. Made me laugh.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm waiting to see if Kentucky will give me "UWATT"
Can only have five characters on a special black plate.
It's mostly related to peoples expression

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same letters and might be more fun....
UTWAT 🙂
:rock:Totally. Not sure the eagled eyed approval person would let that one through though

LeftCoastElectric

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I thought about IFUSEEK

Since we have to explain the meaning of our choice on our personalized plate application, I would say "If you seek the truth."

i would not say "If You See Kay".
Sponsored