tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag

I wasn't aware of the dashcam pre-wiring option – which doesn't appear to be available in European configurators. Interestingly, it mentions front and rear cameras.
Sponsored

Last edited:

chalkrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TAYCAN RWD
Country flag
Surprised that they are removing rear footwell lighting

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Option for pre-wire of the dash cam is in the US configurator, $130

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't see the dash cam pre wire in the UK either?
No but I've driven a Taycan with the Porsche Dashcam - don't bother IMHO.

Probably another update to come to the configurator which might tweak a few things like this.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
No but I've driven a Taycan with the Porsche Dashcam - don't bother IMHO.

Probably another update to come to the configurator which might tweak a few things like this.
Agreed the Porsche or should I say Audi dashcam is really poor. I'll probably add either a dual FitcamX or Blackvue when mine eventually arrives

Stewartt997

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST4S
Country flag
I'd be interested in any UK experiences of fitting a dashcam. Seems to drop insurance a reasonable amount. Does Porsche offer this as an option to fit in the UK as nothing on the configurator?

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I'd be interested in any UK experiences of fitting a dashcam. Seems to drop insurance a reasonable amount. Does Porsche offer this as an option to fit in the UK as nothing on the configurator?
Yes Porsche will fit the VAG dashcam for an extortionate amount of money. It looks awful.

You'd be better off getting a decent Blackvue or FitcamX installed by an independent installer. I've installed lots of dual dashcams in my BMW and Ford's over the years and will install one myself.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
There will be more changes. The configurator gets updated randomly for a few weeks after the initial MY update. Have a '21 ordered in Aug 2020 and at that time the configurator did not have blue Porsche logo in the back as an option, and a few other minor things. Those came a bit later.

sebseb

First Name
Seb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 535i
Country flag
I think he forgot to mention that you only get electrically adjustable steering wheel with the 14/18 way seats if you get a GTS or higher trim. Base and 4S get manual adjustment even if you spec those seats.

On RWD and 4S when you click on the ! icon for 14/18 way seats:
Note: The steering column will be manually adjustable. Rear seats are also designed with a sporty look with modified seam pattern and elevated side bolsters.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not something I have ever had but your local Porsche dealer will be able to fit. Can be expensive due to the time it takes. If prewiring is in place for MY23 then it could be easier and therefore cheaper. The Porsche Tequipment UK website probably has it listed.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I would think the front/back pre-wire for the dashcam should come handy when installing any 3rd party dashcam - at the very least the power should be wired in, saving more than half the work installing any dashcam. Other wiring might be reusable for video from back to front for solutions such as Blackvue, though I cannot be sure this exists since Porsche doesn't seem to have a 2CH dashcam, just recommends installing 2 single channels?

Last edited:

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Since the "new" PCM has been introduced in February, "new pano roof" has been introduced in April (not full model range) MY23 things are rather step backs MY22/23 in fact as:
- No rear foot lights
- No safety wheel bolts as standard
-No electric steering column below GTS trim

Only one really new thing is the cam pre wire that is nuts.

Reporting new MY for this is useless.
Sponsored