Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window

T.G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
I put the deposit down recently based on continued representation (implicit as calls for deposits still showed Mission E photos) that it will still look like a Mission E. If its anywhere close to the photoshopped photos, I'm out.
I actually think it looks better than the Mission E (which already feels a bit dated) from this angle. For a production model (which has to fulfill thousands of regulations decreasing the design possibilities) it's also very close to the prototype. The only angle which is not living up to the E is maybe the side view. But it was clear from the start that the final product wouldn't have suicide doors which are terrible unpractical btw.

The trick is to forget about all the back and forth and look at the Taycan as if you see it for the first time, then you will realise it's a damn fine looking car. I couldn't think of an nicer excisting EV. Tesla Model S looks like a turd compared to this.

Btw: I think tuners will get their hands on this car pretty fast and there will be a lot of bodykits and possibilities to personalize the car. (Although I think thats often not for the better in case of Porsches).
Sponsored

OP
OP

Big_Pete1999

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why yes, I do have vehicles, thanks for asking
Country flag
I'm liking it quite a bit - very sharp. If you delete that ridiculous white reflector from the side vent...

I also have to agree it looks more like a 911 than a Panamera.
That's a Hard No!
Umm, to my knowledge, a 911 HAS NEVER HAD 4 DOORS
The Panamera HAS NEVER HAD 2 DOORS

Opinions are opinions, and everyone has them.
But please, never say something like that again.
You're trying to say that Thor looks like Lyrion Lannister with that sort of ridiculousness.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
That's a Hard No!
Umm, to my knowledge, a 911 HAS NEVER HAD 4 DOORS
The Panamera HAS NEVER HAD 2 DOORS

Opinions are opinions, and everyone has them.
But please, never say something like that again.
You're trying to say that Thor looks like Lyrion Lannister with that sort of ridiculousness.
Uh, yeah!

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
I actually think it looks better than the Mission E (which already feels a bit dated) from this angle. For a production model (which has to fulfill thousands of regulations decreasing the design possibilities) it's also very close to the prototype. The only angle which is not living up to the E is maybe the side view. But it was clear from the start that the final product wouldn't have suicide doors which are terrible unpractical btw.

The trick is to forget about all the back and forth and look at the Taycan as if you see it for the first time, then you will realise it's a damn fine looking car. I couldn't think of an nicer excisting EV. Tesla Model S looks like a turd compared to this.

Btw: I think tuners will get their hands on this car pretty fast and there will be a lot of bodykits and possibilities to personalize the car. (Although I think thats often not for the better in case of Porsches).
To me this latest test mule has some styling cues from both the 911 and Panamera. IMO, you can immediately tell it's a Porsche.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag

I think the rear actually has a bit more gravitas to it than the Mission E's did.

And yeah, that's what I've been saying all along. It might not look as much like the Mission E as we were all hoping...but then, 12 years ago, the Jaguar XF didn't look as much like the C-XF concept as we were all hoping. The point is, it's better looking than any other 4 door vehicle currently in production

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
The Taycan is, in all seriousness and without a hint of hyperbole, the best-looking 4-door car Porsche has ever made.
So...........that means it's better looking than the Panamera.
Hard to believe anything could be that beautiful, but I guess you're right.
Sarcasm off.

Last edited:

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window TaycanVsPanamera

Sorry my photoshop ability is limited.....
So what do you think of the three photos? White black or metallic blue, or what style wheels? Which vehicle do you like the best?
(Trick question)

dewporsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Been following the development and slow unveil of the Taycan.

Here's a "white" version of the unmasked mule. I didn't change any of the geometry, just tried to paint over the black; also swapped the original concept rims onto the mule.

Porsche Taycan Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window taycan

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
TaycanVsPanamera.jpeg

Sorry my photoshop ability is limited.....
So what do you think of the three photos? White black or metallic blue, or what style wheels? Which vehicle do you like the best?
(Trick question)
It's very easy indeed to tell the difference between the top 2 and the bottom one, but much harder to tell apart the top photo and the middle photo

TaycanKeith

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Supercharged
Country flag

Here's a "white" version of the unmasked mule. I didn't change any of the geometry, just tried to paint over the black; also swapped the original concept rims onto the mule.

taycan.jpg

Looks good, the wheels make a big difference

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Yah the wheels really make a much bigger difference than I had imagined....... could you make the side skirt in black to go even closer the concept and see how that renders..... on the move and have no photoshop...... :-(

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag

taycan.jpg
Great photoshop work....and great choice of color......First off, with the lighter color, you see the contours better and see how true to the original Mission E the Taycan is from the rear view. Secondly, your color choice is similar to the Porsche Chalk (grey) available on some of the current Porsches. I was hoping for a color like this if I follow through on the Taycan purchase.....Hope Porsche gives option of the Mission E wheels where the rims have paint color of the vehicle. Really cool and unique concept. Of course white rims is totally impractical color, unless you want to wash it every time you drive.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
actually with regenerative breaking you use your mechanical breaks only in serious driving circonstances and therefore the wheels don’t get very dirty on a regular day but yes on the odd track or country road bonanza they will obviously get rather blackish..........

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

taycan.jpg
I would be willing to pay several thousand dollars of the Mission E concept rims for the Taycan where part of the rims are painted the color of the vehicle. Very unique cool concept to me and adds to the more modern appearance of the vehicle.
Sponsored