MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
I placed my deposit for a 4S production slot in December. I appreciate all the help I had across this forum honing in the build specs for a Metallic Blue 4S with a lot of performance options. I loved the build despite it’s high price tag.

With a few delays, and then the factory shutdown, my build was in limbo. Meanwhile my local dealer got a Turbo for a demo, which I test drove. It was black, sharp and fast. As the weeks went by the dealer stayed in close contact, and got another car for local inventory while we waited for the builds to resume.

A few weeks ago we started talking about that Turbo, and one thing led to another. I purchased the dealer demo Turbo (825 miles) and canceled my 4S build. It’s a fantastic car to drive and the electronics and features keep us learning. I find it charges well overnight, and there’s also a 350KW charging station at an in town WalMart, which took me from 43% to 99% in 36 minutes flat.

I may have to change my screen name since the Turbo isn’t blue like my 4S build was, but it’s great to have the car here. I will take more photos soon, let me know what you think of the build.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL264H71

Porsche Taycan Canceled my 4S Order, Purchased Dealer Demo Turbo Instead 1F043F51-3121-42B8-869E-F90AA9229170
Sponsored

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Congratulations. I was tempted to do the same, but mine's on the boat now. Did they give you any discount? Please pm if you don't want to share with the class.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Congratulations, may you have many trouble free and FAST miles on your car. And remember it is always faster than you remembered it! Its all about the turbo spinning up and pushing those electrons along!

:cool::clap::CWL:

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
I placed my deposit for a 4S production slot in December. I appreciate all the help I had across this forum honing in the build specs for a Metallic Blue 4S with a lot of performance options. I loved the build despite it’s high price tag.

With a few delays, and then the factory shutdown, my build was in limbo. Meanwhile my local dealer got a Turbo for a demo, which I test drove. It was black, sharp and fast. As the weeks went by the dealer stayed in close contact, and got another car for local inventory while we waited for the builds to resume.

A few weeks ago we started talking about that Turbo, and one thing led to another. I purchased the dealer demo Turbo (825 miles) and canceled my 4S build. It’s a fantastic car to drive and the electronics and features keep us learning. I find it charges well overnight, and there’s also a 350KW charging station at an in town WalMart, which took me from 43% to 99% in 36 minutes flat.

I may have to change my screen name since the Turbo isn’t blue like my 4S build was, but it’s great to have the car here. I will take more photos soon, let me know what you think of the build.

1F043F51-3121-42B8-869E-F90AA9229170.jpeg

1F043F51-3121-42B8-869E-F90AA9229170.jpeg
Hi Mike!

Congratulations! That’s exactly what I was thinking today, find a Turbo, or wait and order a ‘21. I did a quick search to see is anything close to my 4S order was available nationwide. No luck yet.

After finally finding out that my 2020 might be arriving in late August or September, it’s getting hard to justify the value hit getting a year old car, with 21’s around the corner.

Good luck and enjoy!

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
In the US and in CA I think there will be a mind shift if we are in September and still waiting on our April deliveries, there will be a massive case for just getting a 2021 prod model...... The HOV access... meaning why would anyone register a car in October 2020? if they waited until January of the following year they would get an additional one year of HOV access! So if you live in a CA city there is actually an incentive to not except your car after September and if you do there’s an even more incentive to not apply for your HOV sticker until December making the car just a weekend warrior..... if we are waiting in September i Would expect a discount to be offered.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Congrats on the Turbo! Mine is the same exact spec. :)

MTM2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo, '19 Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
Could this be the demo I drove at Porsche North Houston? Sealed the deal for me. Drove it the day they got it and took a Turbo allocation that was still available for some reason. Sadly, looking like a July delivery at this point. Enjoy!!

OP
OP
MetallicBlue

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
Congratulations, may you have many trouble free and FAST miles on your car. And remember it is always faster than you remembered it! Its all about the turbo spinning up and pushing those electrons along!

:cool::clap::CWL:
It’s always faster then you remembered... I never heard that before. You’re exactly right! My wife says it’s like being on a roller coaster.

OP
OP
MetallicBlue

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
Hi Mike!

Congratulations! That’s exactly what I was thinking today, find a Turbo, or wait and order a ‘21. I did a quick search to see is anything close to my 4S order was available nationwide. No luck yet.

After finally finding out that my 2020 might be arriving in late August or September, it’s getting hard to justify the value hit getting a year old car, with 21’s around the corner.

Good luck and enjoy!
As the year progresses the new model year becomes a real consideration.There is a new 4S at my dealer, Volcano grey, Black interior, premium package and 21” wheels for $128k sticker.

If that’s close I can send you the build sheet, just PM me. When you decide let us all know and good luck!

OP
OP
MetallicBlue

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
Hoping you got a decent discount here.
it was still more than my 4S build but there was a little discount to compensate for the 825 miles of use. Had to think it over and there really isn’t a wrong answer. These cars are great in any trim level.

OP
OP
MetallicBlue

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
Lol I had the same thoughts. Dealers have turbos. My build is on the expensive side anyway. How much more will it really be??? This is as close to owning one I am
1E0AA3C6-B969-4494-8B42-D3E2C4A8CD85.jpeg
I *love* your plate, great tag! TAYCAN was already taken here in TX, grrrrr. You’ve got a scoop there, well done!

OP
OP
MetallicBlue

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
Could this be the demo I drove at Porsche North Houston? Sealed the deal for me. Drove it the day they got it and took a Turbo allocation that was still available for some reason. Sadly, looking like a July delivery at this point. Enjoy!!
It’s likely very similar. This was the first car San Antonio got, it came in January. I already had my 4S slot and test drove it to help finalize my options. Good luck with your, July will get here quickly.

OP
OP
MetallicBlue

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
Congratulations. I was tempted to do the same, but mine's on the boat now. Did they give you any discount? Please pm if you don't want to share with the class.
There was a bit of a discount, but it was still notabally more than my 4S build. It took some thought before I jumped in. I will PM more info.
Sponsored