Headake

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi there, im new here and wanted to tell you something.

My Porsche Dealer in Munich told me 1 week ago and again yesterday that there is a cluster 37 update (thats what they call it) coming to all taycans (i guess at least mj 21 like mine). The Update will upgrade every taycan to the new PCM as far as i know with the colored icons and all the new things that are currently only available in brand new taycans.

I got the information because i have a lot of software bugs and pcm trouble and we hope the update when its getting released will fix most of them bugs. But i hope i will get the whole pcm exchanged beforehand also.

The Update was originally planned for q4 but got pushed into q3 so it could almost be made available on a daily basis.

I hope this is good news.
Sponsored

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

My Porsche Dealer in Munich told me 1 week ago and again yesterday that there is a cluster 37 update (thats what they call it) coming to all taycans (i guess at least mj 21 like mine). The Update will upgrade every taycan to the new PCM as far as i know with the colored icons and all the new things that are currently only available in brand new taycans.

I got the information because i have a lot of software bugs and pcm trouble and we hope the update when its getting released will fix most of them bugs. But i hope i will get the whole pcm exchanged beforehand also.

The Update was originally planned for q4 but got pushed into q3 so it could almost be made available on a daily basis.

Let's hope so and not more vapourware!

cbx313

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S/Cayenne GTS Coupe/Macan S/911 Carrera S
Country flag
I've reached out to my dealer, Paul Miller, to see if they are already executing or waiting on parts. Once I hear back, I'll schedule right away.
We don't currently have technical information on this at the call center. We know about it, it shows up on applicable vehicles, but there is no concrete finalized instruction/inclusion set from PAG as of yet. My advice is to be patient on this, and keep checking your My Porsche web portal if you don't want to hassle your service advisor.

andre-s

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
We don't currently have technical information on this at the call center. We know about it, it shows up on applicable vehicles, but there is no concrete finalized instruction/inclusion set from PAG as of yet. My advice is to be patient on this, and keep checking your My Porsche web portal if you don't want to hassle your service advisor.

But over there is showing a recall pending for my car. Will that change to anything different when you guys know what to do?

Porsche Taycan ? PCM 6 Update Announcement [Update: Retrofit Being Explored For Existing Taycans] Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 7.49.36 PM

cbx313

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S/Cayenne GTS Coupe/Macan S/911 Carrera S
Country flag
But over there is showing a recall pending for my car. Will that change to anything different when you guys know what to do?

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 7.49.36 PM.png
Okay, it -is- showing on the customer-facing side. Awesome. /s

Honestly, it's good you all know that it exists, but until we receive our notification that a TI is available for this campaign, all we're going to be able to tell you is to go ahead and speak with your preferred PC about this and they will be kept abreast of when they can go ahead with the reprogramming. And to tell you the truth, with how busy literally every dealership I call is these days, by the time a slot opens for you to get your Taycan in, the instructions might very well be ready and the coding might have been distributed for your technician's use.

So, if you're seeing this on your portal, then your Service Advisor/Manager will be your best buddy on this once they get the relevant info. Until then, we don't recommend asking to have it applied.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Okay, it -is- showing on the customer-facing side. Awesome. /s

Honestly, it's good you all know that it exists, but until we receive our notification that a TI is available for this campaign, all we're going to be able to tell you is to go ahead and speak with your preferred PC about this and they will be kept abreast of when they can go ahead with the reprogramming. And to tell you the truth, with how busy literally every dealership I call is these days, by the time a slot opens for you to get your Taycan in, the instructions might very well be ready and the coding might have been distributed for your technician's use.

So, if you're seeing this on your portal, then your Service Advisor/Manager will be your best buddy on this once they get the relevant info. Until then, we don't recommend asking to have it applied.
I just got the WNB4 (alarm sensor) update done (delayed as was out of town) and indeed whilst I knew of the ANA6 recall from the customer portal (VIN recall link) it was clear the Porsche North does not have the data to proceed with ANA6 as yet (they too are aware of it's existence of course) - if I recall the email I received mentioned it would be August as the earliest likely time any action would be initiated so suspect Sept-Oct timeframe might be more realistic.

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
My car arrived in the US in February. If they are not able to deliver it relatively soon (I paid for it but its on Stop-delivery) I’m going to make some pretty next-level demands.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag

My dealer told me exactly the same.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My dealer told me exactly the same.
So thats 2 dealers in Germany saying the same thing.

That a 'cluster 37' update will be rolled out to all Taycans and bring the new coloured PCM and resolve a lot of the PCM issues.

I would expect that German dealers do get the news first from factory sources compared to other countries....?

If so, potentially good news. Lots of PCM niggles sorted out in one go.

And although I'm not keen on the coloured icons, I think they are more practical, as it's easier to memorise (subconsciously) the colour of a function while driving. So will be more intuitive.

Let's see....

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag

That a 'cluster 37' update will be rolled out to all Taycans and bring the new coloured PCM and resolve a lot of the PCM issues.

I would expect that German dealers do get the news first from factory sources compared to other countries....?

If so, potentially good news. Lots of PCM niggles sorted out in one go.

And although I'm not keen on the coloured icons, I think they are more practical, as it's easier to memorise (subconsciously) the colour of a function while driving. So will be more intuitive.

Let's see....
Belgium from my side ... 😅

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
But @sfr is from Brussels (Belgium) and not from Germany 🙃
Anyways, I'm looking forward to get this update because the current version of my PCM drives me crazy.

Headake

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
my dealer did not know of the cluster 37 thing yesterday, but was aware of that US ANA6 recall. I assume it will be essentially the same.
BTW: there is an open recall in germany for ANA5 front seat belt stuff, but that site https://recall.porsche.com/prod/pag/vinrecalllookup_v3.nsf/VIN?ReadForm&c=germany
doesn't show anything.
Got that one already done. Some wires could get demolished by the moving driver seat as far as i know, so its a safety risk and should get fixed asap.
Sponsored